Advanced Medical Reviews

Updated 22 Sep 2020

3.8
Advanced Medical CEO Jennifer Fuicelli (no image)
Jennifer Fuicelli
Pros
  • "Great company culture (monthly potlucks, after work events, etc(in 15 reviews)

• "They have a full staff of support personnel for all of the traveling providers who can help with finding a place to live, get settled in a new city and(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "No PTO and there are other companies providing it to travelers(in 14 reviews)

• "High turnover rate for those that have not had extensive sales and customer service experience(in 9 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Recruiters really care about your well being and check in with you throughout your contract period

Cons

Although I can’t think of any specific cons there is always room for improvement

2. "awesome to work for"

Current Employee - COTA, COTA/L in Fort Stockton, TX

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

they are very supportive , great pay and are very understanding of the current climate in therapy. I have been traveling since 2006 and have been with 1 other company. MY recruiter rocks

Cons

need an incentive for loyal employees

3. "Turnover"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

The schedule was pretty flexible

Cons

There was a lot of favoritism

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits were amazing. Flexible schedule. My original recruiter was amazing!

Cons

My last recruiter wasn't as attentive as my first.

5. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Dover, DE

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

My recruiters have been a great help throughout my job search and hiring process. They are always in touch, reaching out to check in, and doing their best to answer any questions or concerns.

Cons

No cons to working with Advanced, they have been amazing.

6. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

Awesome experience at Advanced Inc

Cons

You get out what you put into the job. No cons

"Unfortunately, Wasted Time!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule, Not micro-managed, Desk Space, Supplies provided, Kitchen. Good placeholder until you find something else.

Cons

Company was sold right before the Industry billing has changed10/2019, which caused the industry to loose 60% of its business. Future outlook is poor. Job posting is always up on job boards, as it's easier than training current team members. What they are selling is a sham to medical professionals. The Seniors, wait for you to quit so they can inherit your travelers. Making 100 calls a day to leads that have 6-10 calls everyday, from all the other agencies selling the same sham. 97% of your calls are voicemail and the remaining 3% are either hangups or the person on the other end telling you to please stop calling them. The outlook on this company is not good, dying industry. It's a matter of time before the new company restructures and closes all the Advanced offices except for Colorado. When the owner sells a company and the company then looses 60% of their business overnight, it's only a matter of time. Get out while you can. Again, ask yourself, why is this job always posted = revolving door! Oh and the 5 star reviews you see, are from current managers who were asked to do so.

Continue reading

"Great job for a money motivated employee"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

My Advanced team has been like my family here in Portland. I love not being micro-managed and having a sense of control over my desk. We do a lot of fun sales competitions and outings. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive of my success.

Cons

Cold calling is never amazing. This is a sales job and it is a grind at times. If you are not a money motivated person willing to grind it out, its not for you.

9. "Everything You Need to Know in One Review..."

Current Employee - SENIOR CAREER CONSULTANT in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, fun environment that allows recruiters to take a step back if needed while working busy days. Staffing in general can be a "turn and churn" business that at times can produce high turnover - welcome to recruiting!!! But being surrounded by good people and management that wants you to succeed goes a long way here. I didn't hit my initial KPI goals at the start and I'm still here because I put in the hours and time, had the support from my manager and teammates, and worked my way up to senior status level. The help is there but it's up to the recruiter to get there! Can't expect to work 8 hour days in the beginning and be successful in the hospital/healthcare business that never stops. Be prepared to make calls, be told no over and over again by prospects, and work independently. Only so much can be taught or trained through a book. You gain experience in the staffing industry once you hit the desk and learn by trial & error. I appreciate my manager that gives me the tools to succeed but doesn't micromanage my every move!

Cons

The job can be a grind and mentally draining especially in the beginning. Gains are never instant and you typically see results from today's work about 2-3 months down the road. Balancing patience with the urgency of the market can be hard.

10. "Growing Company"

Former Employee - Architect

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to start career

Cons

No good benefits for lower level jobs

Found 181 reviews