Advantage Solutions Reviews

3.5
Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier
1,334 Ratings
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule lots of paid time off(in 145 reviews)

• "Great if you're looking for part-time work(in 125 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Less hours compared to other part time employers(in 105 reviews)

• "Low pay, no raises, high cost benefits(in 98 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Positive work environment

18 Feb 2021 - Mechanical Assembler in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job enables me to create my own schedule that gives me the freedom to work according to my needs and use my skills, knowledge and experience to perform the job as expected.

Cons

At this point in time I have not recognized any cons.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

15 Nov 2019 - Maintenance Assistant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment Friendly People Work life balance

Cons

Far from the public transport

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth

6 May 2021 - RS (Retail Supervisor)
      Business Outlook

Pros

After almost 30 years in Brick Retail my shift to Advantage has been an amazing journey for me. I started in 2019 as a sales rep and moved to a Supervisor role in less than 2 years. I wanted to work for a company not in brick and mortar Retail where I could transfer my skills to and would recognize what I have to offer with my skill set. The knowledge I have gained in my short time has been astronomical. Are there challenges? You bet, but what would life itself be with out challenges? I look forward to what is on the horizon for me. Anyone looking for a career change, especially if you are in brick retail, I highly suggest you take a look at Advantage.

Cons

While this is not necessarily a con, recruiting has been a challenge as a lot of the populace is not aware of who we are and what we do.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to build your career

4 May 2021 - Vice President Client Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Due to the size of the organization and the many divisions, there are many ways to build your career. The leadership team truly cares for the people while pushing us to grow personally and professionally. In early 2021 they rolled out unlimited PTO (for those outside of CA). In mid-2020, the organization started to put more effort behind Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts which have been a step in the right direction. We still have more work to do but I'm hopeful that by continuing to put our People first we will achieve great things together.

Cons

As with any service industry, it is challenging to ride the tide of the ever-changing consumer packaged goods business landscape. But Advantage has proven to be agile and proactive to support our clients. The health and 401k benefits are mediocre compared to past organizations I've worked for.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

14 May 2021 - Vice President Client Services in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Advantage has been great- been able to move jobs between divisions/companies and take on challenges outside of my wheelhouse. Great diversity programs, etc. Executive leadership seems to be really working hard to make changes this past year by hearing what employees have been dealing with throughout the pandemic and they are working to shift where needed.

Cons

Very difficult to get salary increases. Some of the companies senior leaders need to update and change their leadership style to adapt to the evolving expectations and needs of employees.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growth is the Imperative

2 Mar 2021 - Associate Service Center, Manager in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For me personally, Advantage has been amazing. Our department started with a very tough transition, but was supported and nurtured until we stabilized. Over 20 different teams have helped me achieve my personal goals, and I have extended this help to my Senior staff. Teamwork has been the bedrock of our success. Advantage is all about being dynamic, fostering growth, and rewarding Vision. At the entry-level positions, almost anyone can start work. These jobs are resume-builders to spring-board into higher paying jobs later on. Due to Advantage's large size, there is also a diversity employment fields that professionals can pursue. Checking out the Job Boards often is a must! Over the past year, the dedication to Inclusion via the Employee Resource Groups has been amazing. You can find people who look and think like you in positions of power who are willing to share success secrets to help your climb. And you can find people who look nothing like you to learn about their experiences which helps you become more compassionate as an employer and employee towards others.

Cons

Educational opportunities for New Hires and for those who are not technically savvy must grow. Advantage processes paychecks and most services online but our society still has many people without the proper knowledge to manage these systems.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

great company to work for

17 May 2021 - Manager of Client Services in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

always opportunities to move up or change career path if you want to go into another field in sales and marketing

Cons

too large so you can get lost or don't know where to turn to for support or help

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall Good Company

4 May 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture values self starters who like to explore potential new opportunities for the company. If you have an idea - people will listen. The individual business units tend to work closely together and some of the best work relationships are formed here. I know I can count on my team and enjoy working with them every day.

Cons

only 3% match on 401K and they went with the option that penalizes "highly compensated employees" which means you can only contribute about $5K each year and never reach anywhere near the $19,500 (and continuing rise) allowed.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Build a Career with Advantage

11 May 2021 - Operations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to build career with. Culture, opportunities for growth, can work remote, work life balance, unlimited PTO. Ample opportunity for growth with a variety of teams and clients available. Robust Training and advancement programs available.

Cons

Covid has been challenging for all, but Advantage was great through it all. No complaints for a great company!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I love working for Advantage

14 May 2021 - Retail Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advantage is Growing and I have been able to grow with it. I get to lead, inspire, encourage a group of people. Work with them to go out and execute objectives and strategy's for our Clients and their Customers.

Cons

It is not a perfect company, I never expected it to be.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,580 Reviews