AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.4
AppFolio CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position(in 24 reviews)

• "It is expensive to live in Santa Barbara(in 21 reviews)

1. "Proud to be an AppFolian!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Associate in Richardson, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tons of snacks, friendly & youthful coworkers, generous PTO policy, lots of opportunity for growth, team oriented, challenging but supportive environment

Cons

Sometimes it feels like management lets bad hires stick around too long. I know the company is growing fast and we need people, but that shouldn't prolong the decision to fire someone if it isn't a good fit. Dogs not allowed in Dallas office like Santa Barbara :( -woof.

AppFolio2019-09-19
  2. "Proud to say I work at Appfolio!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We take our work seriously but also like to have fun. A work-life balance is strongly encouraged here and I think that's an important factor in the company culture. I can work late sometimes, prior to a deadline but when I have a lighter workload I don't need to put in the long hours. I appreciate the autonomy and the trust that I will complete my projects

Cons

I work with a lot of really intelligent people that are super capable and driven. I think that there's some competition to shine in front of others which can sometimes be daunting but it's also healthy and pushes me forward

Advice to Management

I love all of the focus on eco-awareness and our efforts to help in our community and create less waste. Keep it up!

AppFolio2019-09-19
  3. "What dream careers are made of!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- AppFolio understands that culture eats strategy for breakfast. - Management at all levels truly care about each employee. - Working here will help you develop skills you can apply and take anywhere. - Work life balance. - Work is highly engaging and rewarding.

Cons

Will update if I find one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; it's working!

AppFolio2019-09-19
  4. "Best Place I've Ever Worked."

Current Employee - Director in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve worked at quite a few companies, and AppFolio's culture is truly unique. The company lives up to its values, hires great people, and truly cares about employees. The company continues to innovate and grow, and is focused on developing future leaders. A few more things I love about AppFolio include: the work-life balance, the fun, smart, talented, driven people I work with every day, the opportunity for career... growth, teams built on collaboration and trust, an unwavering customer focus, fun events and celebrations, company-wide fundraisers to give back to the community, and transparency and accessibility of leaders. If you are positive, passionate, hard working and committed to owning your own success, come join the AppFolio Family, you *will* really love it here!

Cons

As a growing, public company, we do have some 'red tape', and sometimes there can be a misalignment of motivations across departments. Still not as bureaucratic as companies I've worked for in the past, and I personally like having some of the set processes, benefits, and resources in place that come with a larger company. In my department, there is still lots of autonomy. I think it varies by department and role.

5. "Amazing team"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love this team. When I first started working here, I thought, "is it really possible that everyone I meet here I genuinely enjoy working with? Where are the jerks?" Now I've been here for a little while and I can see that it's true! I feel really connected with my teammates. I feel we are able to focus, own the customer problem we are solving from end-to-end, and have a real impact. It's what I've wanted in a job.... I feel really good about the long term direction of the business. The company is in it for the long haul and is making good long term decisions.

Cons

We are going through a lot of growth right now. There are the natural pains around not enough conference rooms or having to wait a minute for the bathroom.

Advice to Management

Work to address the space issues as we grow and continue to stick to our core values even as we grow.

AppFolio2019-09-18
  6. "Why don't you work here?"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

AppFolio has been nothing short of the best career decision of my life. Since joining over 5 years ago I've been both a witness and directly impacted by the growth and opportunities afforded by our great culture, hard work and stalwart leadership. Every day I see where I make an impact. Through growth and change we've taken on different challenges but I have always felt supported and given the right tools to take... them on. Some of my favorite pros include the following: - Amazing Benefits (Health, PTO, snacks) - Being surrounded by coworkers that I consider not only friends but people I look up to and encourage me - Investments in my professional development - Constant feedback on my performance - Feeling recognized for my accomplishments I literally could keep going on and on. It truly has been an amazing ride and I do not see it slowing down in the least

Cons

Only cons I see are growing pains! I mean, these are the best sort of cons to have, but as a company we really need to continue keeping the bar high with those joining our organization as we exponentially keep growing year over year. Also sticking to our company values through thick and thin remembering that is how we got here so far.

Advice to Management

Keep elevating the resources we have within the company today and continue to bring in top talent to booster our growth! Our people are our greatest resource and will be how we continue getting to the next step.

AppFolio2019-09-18
  7. "Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the physical set up of the office to the welcoming and innovative culture, AppFolio is hands-down the best place I've ever worked. Literally, every day I walk through the office and pass people or see them in the kitchen, I'm met with genuine smiles and asks about how my day is - many of these people I don't even know. AppFolio does an excellent job hiring great people who are intelligent, kind, fair, and... motivated, and it shows. Everyone on my team is excited to do what they do every day, and pulls more than their own weight in their roles. I'm also not sure many people pick up on this, but even the way our offices are structured shows the value leadership place on their employees. In my building, just about all of the leadership offices (Directors+) are in the MIDDLE of the floor, so it's the employees on the frontlines who have window seats. Everyone has standing desks, and we work in an open environment. At first, I thought I would hate this, but when everyone on the team is open and willing to chat with you when you can solve something quickly, it's the perfect setup. If I can solve something faster by talking to someone in person, I'll just walk up to their desk and they're always willing to chat. I've never worked somewhere where people are so excited to solve problems and not annoyed that you're distracting them. AppFolio also has ample opportunities for professional development for everyone at the company, whether it's institutional or by team. Programs like Lunch N' Learns, where each one specializes in a topic like communications or project management, offer opportunities for you to be improving each day. Not to mention in my 3rd week on the job, both my manager and VP separately talked to me about where I see myself headed in the future, and how they can help me get there. I'm also constantly given opportunities to innovate processes and try new things - if I have an idea, they tell me to run with it (within reason, of course). And I'm not the only one, I've seen countless others try new things and have great success. AppFolio takes such care in hiring the right people that they trust in you to make the right decisions and take the company to the next level.

Cons

There are very few cons at AppFolio, and many pains are temporary and because of growth. For one, at the SB office, we're a bit short on space (this should be solved in 2020 with the opening of a new building). This makes the offices a little noisy, but nothing sound-canceling headphones can't solve. We're hiring rapidly but growing rapidly, so sometimes team size doesn't match company needs, but again, they're... solving for that as quickly as possible. There are no issues I don't see being resolved in the next 6 months. Additionally, my personal frustrations stem from wanting to cover much more ground than I currently can because our team is in its infancy. Which, honestly, is pretty amazing that I wish I could work MORE! Excited to grow my team and do more amazing things with AppFolio.

Advice to Management

You do a great job hiring, and a great job keeping the culture alive. Be sure to always put culture first as that's the main reason people love working here.

AppFolio2019-09-18
  8. "Great Place to work with smart people"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay great people dogs in the office

Cons

Nothing right now I can think of

AppFolio2019-09-18
  9. "AppFolio's Culture and Positive Promotional Environment is an example of a Great Tech Company"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management trusts their collaborating teams to do what's right during preplanning and executing strategy to benefit the entire ecosystem. Super bright fun people inhabit these walls. Culture is hard working, yet has a life balance too. Very good place to work. Many people have worked here 5 years or more. Highly recommend AppFolio.

Cons

Promotions happen often, so sometimes there are important, strategic roles to fill and that takes time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

AppFolio2019-09-18
  10. "Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AppFolio has a fantastic pitch-in, can-do culture.

Cons

Nothing but good things to say about AppFolio.

Found 371 reviews