Approach People Recruitment Reviews

Updated 31 Jan 2020

4.3
Approach People Recruitment Director Laurent Girard-Claudon (no image)
Laurent Girard-Claudon
Pros
Cons
  • "Basic salary is very low and there no benchmark regarding your experience(in 6 reviews)

• "More social events would be great for the team building as well (2 per years currently)(in 3 reviews)

1. "Engaging and Supportive Employer"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Approach People is a supportive company who offer excellent progression and training programs. Communication is always open and it's encouraged to voice opinions and ideas. Career progression, Uncapped commission, Autonomy, Supportive work culture.

Cons

You are expected to work hard but are rewarded by incentives and constant recognition for success stories.

Approach People Recruitment2020-01-31
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Geneva

Pros

Good environment and nice people.

Cons

Working jours are too long.

Approach People Recruitment2019-12-18

"A Great Opportunity for French people in Dublin"

1.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing Career Opportunity for Native French Speakers in Dublin

Cons

Can't think of any in French- they are all in English

Approach People Recruitment2019-12-19

Approach People Recruitment Response

December 23, 2019Social Media Executive

Thank you very much for this nice review!However, there must be a mistake in your rating as it displays only one star. Please feel free to amend it, it would be really appreciated.

4. "Excellent employer"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time

Pros

Great working conditions Great team of people to work with. Excellent technical skills gained. Very good to provide training. Very supportive management.

Cons

Excellent working conditions and environment

Approach People Recruitment2019-07-23
  5. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin

Pros

Good Benefits + Approachable + Friendly Management + Fantastic culture + Good recognition programmes

Cons

If you are K.P.I driven, you will do very well at Approach People

Approach People Recruitment2019-07-16
  6. "Great people, amibtious, poor management and no strategy"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Manager and Recruiter in Geneva

I worked at Approach People Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are friendly, young, and mostly fun and easy going. There is a good respect for the clients and candidates, and good work/life balance.

Cons

There is absolutely no long term vision from the management, with directors who keep changing the "vision". So by the time we start a new strategy, it has already been dropped or changed in a confusing mix of small sub projects. It ends up being very hard to do what is right for your market, therefore hard to reach the financial goals in a very competitive market. The bonus compensation is source of continuous conflict of interest.

Approach People Recruitment2019-06-24

Approach People Recruitment Response

August 1, 2019Social Media Executive

Hello, Yes, our consultants are amazing friendly people and many of them develop lasting friendships! Thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to recruit the best professionals who in turn recruit top talent for our prestigious clients, therefore investing in our co-workers is the core of our strategy. Note that we can hardly be compared to big recruitment groups such as Hays and Michael Page who employ more than 10,000 employees worldwide, while we are part of the small and medium recruitment agencies group. But we are very proud of this difference as it has enabled us to have 5 offices across Europe with various divisions and be one international team in Europe working together! Indeed, our consultants develop strong bonds with their colleagues based in our other offices making their potential relocation in the future easier. Regarding our long term strategy within the Swiss market, it has been defined for several years now and we follow our goal: developing our expertise in our key industries, Life Sciences, IT/Technology, Luxury, Retail, Watchmaking, etc., while strengthening new specific services for the Swiss market such as Contracting. Our Swiss Manager and our Operations Director are also available for our consultants if they need enlightenment on our global strategy. Finally regarding the bonus system, you need to understand that it is adapted to each country as laws and tax systems vary. But our bonus system provides uncapped and accelerated commissions from the 1st euro to maximise the profit of our recruiters. As explained previously, we are 5 offices but most of all, one big team striving for the same goal and our last contest, which was an overall target for the whole company, was successfully completed! We will all party together in September for a weekend of fun in Europe! We are looking forward to spending time all together. We wish you the best of luck in your career, Approach People Recruitment

"One of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work for"

Former Employee - Senior International Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Approach People Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was an absolute pleasure to work for Approach People in Dublin. I have had the pleasure to work in a company that provides you with everything you need to be successful and really cares and supports their employees. The Management team is always available, open to new ideas and keen to help everyone. Approach People's culture is dynamic and vibrant, full of young high potential consultants that really care about the job they do. I would definitely recommend Approach People as one of the best places to develop a successful career in the HR industry.

Cons

No real cons. You have to work hard but you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Approach People Recruitment2019-05-29

"A brilliant place to work for sales people"

Current Employee - International Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin

Pros

I have never worked for an organization where you are continuously recognized for the hard work you put it. The work you do for this organization definitely does not go unnoticed. This is an organization where you will learn a lot, make money, and build great friendships if you come in with a positive attitude and a motivated mind set!

Cons

Not necessarily a con but advice to anyone reading this, if you are not a hard worker, and do not want to do more work and go above and beyond for a company that can do so much for you, then this place is not for you.

Approach People Recruitment2019-05-20

"Excellent remuneration package for those who perform"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Approach People Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has one of the best compensation policy and bonuses scheme for Consultants who are performing well.

Cons

Pressure from management, working hours, micro-management...

Approach People Recruitment2019-05-20

"Nice !"

5.0
    Current Employee - "Project Management Office Analyst, Quality Assurance" in Dublin, Dublin

Pros

Nice and friendly place to work at.

Cons

None... I'm busy ! Don't have time to write too much in that review ! :-)

Approach People Recruitment2019-05-01