Autodesk Reviews

3.9
Autodesk CEO Andrew Anagnost
Andrew Anagnost
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be an issue depending on role(in 53 reviews)

• "Saw projects that didn't get shipped based on upper management decision making(in 41 reviews)

1. "Projects that make a difference"

Current Employee - User Experience Manager

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Challenging projects that actually make a difference to how we design and create new solutions - Hours are flexible so you can have a family AND work - Great benefits package - Many opportunities to work with external not-for-profit companies on projects beyond your day-to-day tasks if you feel inclined (Autodesk Pro Bono Projects) - Great office spaces - Many opportunities to craft your career

Cons

- Due to the global workforce, hours can be a bit odd (early mornings/late evenings). You have to manage this carefully.

"Summer in Australia ! Means everyone is on their boat"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the fact that no ones ask me what I do each day and no one is around accounting

Cons

Really struggling to have a team that is one.. leadership is not inclusive

November 12, 2019Regional Director, ANZ

Thank you for your review. We actively monitor Glassdoor feedback to get a pulse on our offices worldwide. The ANZ leadership team is making strides in driving inclusiveness across all levels in the region. Please know that we are always open to hearing feedback and want to extend an invite to email me so we can talk through these concerns together. If you’d like to share more about your specific concerns in a private setting, please feel free to contact the Ethics Compliance Hotline: www.autodesk.ethicspoint.com or call 1-855-822-9535.

3. "good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Principal Enginineer

I worked at Autodesk full-time

Pros

Very good technical development company

Cons

no obvious problem for this company

4. "Inspiring vision"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Sydney

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At autodesk we live in a world surrounded by our customers, all with one vision, to “make” things. Whether it’s a highway, a building, a movie or a prosthetic limb for a dog our customers all find themselves turning to Autodesk software and platforms to make their ideas a reality. That’s what gets me out of bed every morning and that’s what inspires me to help “make” a better world.

Cons

Like all workplaces there’s the occasional thing to pick at, I’m honest when I say that our people our culture and our customers make the small stuff to small to share.

Continue reading

"Working for Autodesk Australia"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Specialist in Melbourne

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autodesk is an enjoyable working environment. They offer a great work life balance, flexibility to work from home or a CBD location. Great opportunities to travel domestically to suit your family life balance. Great career opportunities to move both vertically and horizontally within the organization, in Sales, Technical, and Management.

Cons

No cons at all. Great additional working perks.

February 19, 2019HR Leadership

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take pride in making sure that employees and their families are getting the flexibility they need to succeed. Happy to hear that it's working for you! Thank you for all you do to make #AutodeskLife great.

"Work Hard and Be Rewarded"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, ANZ Demand Gen Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at Autodesk for almost 8 years and in that time I have been fortunate to be given different opportunities along the way. I have been trusted with Flexibility of WFH and managing my work life balance (Most of the time :) )

Cons

Change and Restructures do happen but with most companies moving through business transformations, this is a must. If change isnt for you then do re-consider.

Continue reading

"Dynamic and exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Peter in Melbourne

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have a great and collaborative team culture. The direction of the technology and the philosphy of being a "customer company" really drive everyone works hard to succeed for our customers. We also celebrate our culture and success and people know how to have fun.

Cons

In order to adapt to the rapid pace of change of industry, technology and customers, the organisation is constantly evolving for the better - this means you have to keep up with the change and get on-board.

Continue reading
  8. "A company that actually cares and will do well"

4.0
    Current Employee - Designated Support Specialist in Sydney

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with locally as well as a great global team. Excellent culture that continues to evolve. Demonstrated interest in creating an inclusive diverse workplace. Great policy on Work/life balance, allowing flexible hours and working from remote sites where possible. Managers rely on employees to be smart and effective (no seagull management), but are very supportive and encourage personal and technical growth. "A fun place to work" is a phrase often said as the intent of the CEO, but is also often misunderstood, yet It certainly can be a fun place to work if you let it. I find the work I do very rewarding and valuable. Compensation terms are quite good, as subjective as that may be. Most jobs offer some level of travel if only for the occasional training course, the amount required is highly varied. Travel is well supported. Acknowledges that every individual has strengths and something to add.

Cons

I often find myself working long hours, especially when working remotely. In some jobs the amount of travel required might not suit some people. Some activities require an early morning or late evening commitment occasionally, but I see this as being part of a global company with flexible hours.

February 19, 2019HR Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. Hearing your experience as a global remote employee is so helpful to us as we continue to make Autodesk a great place to work. Thanks for all your hard work!

9. "Another view of life at Autodesk in ANZ"

Current Employee - Channel in Sydney

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Inspirational solutions; great top level approach to diversity and inclusion; working with a group of people who care ... about each other, the partners they look after and the customers they engage with.

Cons

Usual large corporate challenges - nothing that would surprise anybody who has worked for a global company.

Continue reading

"Bright future with visionary leadership"

I have been working at Autodesk full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brilliant tech, opportunities for growth and career development, focus on diversity, reward for effort and customer centric.

Cons

Usual complexity working for a large matrix organisation. Varying levels of politics which senior leadership are acting to address via new culture initiatives.

February 4, 2019HR Leadership

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at Autodesk. We strive to create an open culture at Autodesk and value feedback so that we can become an even better company.

Found 1822 reviews