Bayshore Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bayshore Solutions Reviews

Updated 9 Oct 2019

3.5
Bayshore Solutions CEO Kevin Hourigan (no image)
Kevin Hourigan
  1. "Great company to work for a developer!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very fun place to work. I personally love the atmosphere there. If you want to continue growing as a developer and facing new challenges, working in a great team, that's the place to go. Love the culture there. The team gets together often for different activities to socialize between different departments. There is a monthly Happy Hour activity.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Bayshore Solutions2019-10-09
  2. "Good as a job, bad for career progression"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Denver team is friendly and cool. 2. Some work from home is okay. 3. Decent pay. 4. Easy work. 5. Opportunities to work on fairly large clients.

Cons

1. The quality of software ranges from OK to very bad. Some of the code I worked on was embarrassing. 2. You're given many projects at once, it's a good and bad thing depending on your skill level. 3. Feels like a revolving door culture with very high turnover. In fact, at least 3 other people I worked with also are no longer with the company. This was out of a team of 10. 4. Bonus was not given, and the... CEO actually had the audacity to say that some people suggested that they didn't like bonuses. Seriously? This is the environment you will be working in.

Advice to Management

None.

Bayshore Solutions2019-10-03

"Bayshore is the best place I've worked in my 15 years as a software developer"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, strong collaborative environment, develop in current technologies, opportunities to learn and grow, interesting work, good clients.

Cons

For me there are no downsides to working at Bayshore. If there were a downside it would be my commute into Tampa, but by adjusting my work hours I am able to drive when there is not much traffic. The flexibility to adjust my hours is honestly another positive.

Advice to Management

Do whatever it takes to preserve this wonderful company culture.

Bayshore Solutions2019-08-12

"All Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Business Development in Denver, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance and unlimited work from home option was really helpful especially in the Denver office.

Cons

Promised qualified leads and strong in-bound sales program non of which ever came to fruition. Marketing team was not experienced. Size of clients are majority small-midsize businesses. Partner channels not established to help benefit the entire sales team just Executive Team.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Implement different methodologies to help processes that are no longer working. Be an agency not a corporation.

Bayshore Solutions2019-06-26

"Great Place To Work.... Seriously"

Current Employee - Digital Media Strategist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is great. You can leave work at work. If you have anything personal to handle they are very flexible with working from home or if you need time off even if you don't have any PTO to use. The benefits are awesome too. Monthly happy hours and company events.

Cons

Pay for parking but it is tax free per the benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication and continuously working towards making improvements across the company.

Bayshore Solutions2019-03-15

"Seriously, work anywhere else"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some good people working there.

Cons

Where to start? They will do anything to get business including flat out lying to clients and employees which was the last straw for many people that have left. They are barely scraping by every month and I am honestly surprised they are still in business. They tout all of these "Awards" they have received but that is just an attempt to swindle clients into thinking they are as advertised. Also, ignore most of the... 5 star reviews as they are from upper management to offset all of the negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Not sure there is much that can be done to save their reputation but being honest to employees and clients would be a good start.

Bayshore Solutions2018-04-12

"Fun, Flexible, & Great Co-Workers - Feeling of accomplishing something greater as a team."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bayshore is a great place to grow and learn and also provides a terrific environment for seasoned professionals. Co-workers have a voice and management listens. This company is small enough to get to know everyone and large enough to feel like we are accomplishing some pretty big things. Career opportunities are available to people who put forth the effort. Personal growth and professional growth are encouraged... and nurtured. This is a fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts...you won't be bored.

Cons

The company constantly seeking to grow. learn, and get better. Change is inevitable, generally positive, and welcome. If you are someone that seeks a slow-paced environment with little movement, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Maintain our current focus on delivering the best results for our customers, growing our co-workers, and building our company.

Bayshore Solutions2017-11-27

"Great stepping stone..."

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

You work with talented individuals who make/ take the time to train you. Great company culture.

Cons

Bonus numbers were unrealistic thus bonus was hardly ever made

Bayshore Solutions2017-09-05

"Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Leaders, Friendly Staff, Daily Check In Meetings, Beautiful Location, Easy Commute, Quality Equipment, Opportunity To Contribute Opinions, Opportunity To Express Own Creativity/Know How In Assigned Work, Fitness Reimbursement Plan, Business Professional Casual Uniform, Opportunity To Attend Professional Sporting Events

Cons

I struggled to fill this category with constructive criticism(I can't think of anything) After working for several nationally/globally recognized organizations including the U.S. Government, U.S. Navy, and Marriott Intl. I can say Bayshore Solutions has the most effective work place model I have ever seen and experienced. THANK YOU

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Stay reserved! Continue to challenge employees in new ways! Continue to keep the communication lines open! Continue to provide your staff and clients with beginning to end solutions! THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF YOUR TEAM!

Bayshore Solutions2017-02-16

"Manager"

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

I appreciate the training and benefits I receive and the great team that i am surrounded by

Cons

Not always enough time to do everything for customers, training and team culture events

Advice to Management

Continue investing in training - we appreciate it

Bayshore Solutions2016-09-19