Best Version Media Reviews

Updated 8 Sep 2020

4.3
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Dave Durand
Dave Durand
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 47 reviews)

• "Publishers are essentially a super-cheap sales force, with no benefits(in 30 reviews)

1. "ok"

Current Employee - Publisher in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

money is really really great

Cons

There are no cons. all is good

Media Relations

We offer one of the most impressive commission structures in the industry. Thanks for the review!

"A great challenge!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Publisher in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you the tools to be successful, but as with everything in life...your success depends upon yourself.

Cons

The time that you have is yours...what are you going to do with yours?

Continue reading

Media Relations

We offer entrepreneurs a challenging but rewarding opportunity to build a successful business. Thanks so much for the review!

3. "Great"

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

👍🏾 Great place to work friendly peopel

Cons

None at all. Amazing place

Media Relations

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your feedback!

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Talent Assessment Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Such an incredible support network and encouragement every step of the way. This company truly make every effort to support their staff and to set each person up for success. Truly, the most positive atmosphere I have ever worked in which is quite refreshing. Everyone is part of a team working toward a goal of success. Love this company!

Cons

There simply are no cons.

Media Relations

Thanks for the great review! We're so happy to hear you enjoy working with us!

5. "hi"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

everything honestly lol nothing else

Cons

nothing nothing at all really

Media Relations

We're so happy to hear you enjoy working with us!

6. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Flexible work schedules and very supportive environment. The business leaders really care about every individual working here.

Cons

There are no cons to work here.

Media Relations

Thanks for the positive feedback!

"Worst Job I Have Ever Had"

1.0
    Former Employee - Publisher
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

-There is potentially the ability to make good money -You have the ability to control your own hours and schedule

Cons

-The training was truly terrible, it comes off more like a children’s summer camp that is trying to get you to blindly buy into whatever they tell you, rather than business training -You are told to follow a script and never stray from it, creativity and free thinking are discouraged. When approaching managers with ideas I had for my publication/selling I was told, “there is no reason to think outside the box.” -Management is incredibly hands on (too much so), but not helpful. You are bombarded with text, emails, calls, and motivation; but it always seemed to be pushing either a personal or company agenda. -During a presentation I was asked multiple follow up questions to the script and statistics that I was given and did not know the answer to. When I expressed to management that the person asked very good and interesting questions (many of which poked holes in the sales pitch), I was not provided answers, but instead told, “don’t worry about that one, just move on.” -They would do competitions/bonuses, and I have still not been paid the bonus that I earned/was promised In the end, I did not enjoy the work, company, culture, or product.

Media Relations

The Publisher opportunity offers flexibility and uncapped earning potential for entrepreneurs of all backgrounds. We understand the role is not for everyone, but our growth as a company and the hundreds of successful Publishers we work with proves the effectiveness of our business model and training practices. We strive to offer continuous support and guidance so that all of our people can find success through dedication and hard work.

"Not an easy job but well worth it!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Publisher in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

High commission, great ongoing training and support, no "boss vs. employee" atmosphere

Cons

no pay until your baseline is met (though that is an understandable trade off seeing as how our sponsors aren't charged until we reach our print baseline)

Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback! The Publisher opportunity is challenging but very rewarding and we're excited to hear that you've enjoyed your time working with us.

9. "Lots of support"

Current Employee - Publisher in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support, patience, healthy income potential

Cons

Must be able to work independently and apply discipline

Continue reading

Media Relations

BVM offers Publishers freedom, flexibility and uncapped earning potential. Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

10. "It's ok..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Remote Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Easy interview, easy to get in - Great job for those that are retired and wants to do something

Cons

- No health Benefits - 100% Commission from cold calling, no base pay - Does mass hiring due to the high turnover rate - No future potential

Media Relations

We understand the BVM opportunity may not be for everyone. We proudly offer one of the most impressive commission structures in the industry and we believe anyone can find success with BVM by building a sustainable business designed for uncapped earning potential. Working with BVM means you are truly in control of your own future.

Found 282 reviews