Found 545 of over 716 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- 4.021 July 2021Front End DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- "World largest crypto company" - is a good title on resume - growing strong
- full of secretive, within company as well, it's like working as a spy - despite being a very profitable company , they pay me less than local small company would - must know Chinese to work efficiently there - overtime is normal and no extra pay.32
- 3.025 Sept 2023Operations ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSydney
Financial renumeration are good if you put in the work and hours
Demanding environment due to the nature of the industry and different global counterparts around the world. So you will have two work around the hours needed.Binance Response2mo
We appreciate your candid feedback. It's true that Binance's culture is distinctive and our #Hardcore mindset is central to our ethos. However, our values such as #Freedom and #Collaboration ensure our team can adjust their tasks suitably and lean on colleagues' support. We exist at a critical juncture in the financial technology landscape, amplifying the importance of our work. You can understand our perspective on our culture here: https://s.binance.com/51AwojsP. We are always striving to do better, acknowledging there’s room for growth, and viewpoints like yours aid this process.
- 3.018 June 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSydney
flexible working; no day is the same
no work life balance; meeting at midnight is not uncommonBinance Response4mo
Thanks for your feedback. Binance’s culture is indeed unique, and being #Hardcore is definitely part of our DNA. We understand that it's not for everyone. Check out this article where we highlight our unique culture and the mindset it requires to thrive in a company like ours: https://s.binance.com/GaduulmB We are always working to improve. Having said this, there’s definitely room for improvement, and inputs such as yours is very helpful.
- 1.019 Sept 2022Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Remote working, flexible location, PR is good
Too political, toxic culture, make you challenge your worldview. Leaders at the firm do not care about employees at all, they threaten to fire you constantly even though you perform at top. Management changes too frequently, turnover rate is insane. Mental health drastically decreased. DO NOT work here unless you want to become the worst version of yourself. Lots of people are quitting. Western folks stay away from this firm, you know what I mean15
- 2.022 Oct 2023Human ResourcesFormer Employee, more than 1 year
- If you get in before 2020/2021 - If you know senior management directly - If you are used to mainland Chinese management style - If you are willing to work the moments you wake up to the moments you sleep - If you are lucky and placed in special projects - If you don’t mind your benefits getting cut quarter after quarter
The only good part is we do hire some good and talented people. But fully remote work is never going to work for a company with 7K employees. With the crazy high turnovers and non-stop “rightsizing” (yes Managment actually dare to rephrase it like this in front of everyone), I won’t be surprise if the quality of the company and its people drops like a cliff in the next 24 months.6Binance Response2mo
Over the past 6 years, Binance has experienced significant growth. As we chart our course for the future, just like any other organization, we must evaluate whether we are optimizing all our teams internally. This was a business decision in response to the challenging external regulatory and market environment, our need to drive more efficiency, and to prepare for the next bull run. We are truly grateful for your contributions and we hope we can lean on your expertise again in the future.
- 1.027 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Compensation is decent. Some good people work at the company. Exciting industry to be a part of
Company is super dodgy - as can be seen from their current global regulatory issues. They have also paid off people in certain markets to make their criminal issues go away. They have built inferior internal tools to replace Microsoft Office and Google Suites in order to avoid easy access for US authorities to their information. They suffer from massive hubris, believing they have reinvented the corporation in just 5 years. they refuse to do a forecast for example - something that would have allowed them to spot early on that they were over-hiring, rather than then letting go of 1,500 people they had pulled out of good jobs but could not afford CZ recites his latest management book readings as though they are gospel, but has no idea how to actually manage people, and he and his co-founders maintain a tight inner circle that controls all decisions - even those they are spectacularly unqualified to make. The culture is toxic, most conversations are extremely transactional - everyone works remote, no one switches on their cameras, some people use aliases, and no one bothers with relationship building. Why would you? The turnover is astonishingly high - people leave without any announcement being made and suddenly you have to find someone else to turn to for information. Again, because they are so dodgy, they don’t have proper org charts which makes it a nightmare internally trying to find someone to help you with your work Avoid, avoid, avoid….34
- 1.022 Sept 2023Product Leadership RoleCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
1. Huge Vision. Clear internal intent to change the world 2. Very clear priorities from top. No time wasting running random optimisations 3. You wil probably out execute your peers given the clear direction and super hard working team. 4. Top 10 percentile salary for leadership salary. Remote if that is your thing
1. The amount of work is insane. If you are on one of the important team expect to be working 60-70 hours a week 2. Horrible culture - Never expect anyone to ever pat your back. Expect to be thrown under the bus by your trusted colleagues. Most employees are scared of getting fired all the time. 3. Extremely top down - CZ knows(/thinks he knows) what needs to be done and how it must be done. He doesnt care what you think should be done. He will tell you what to do and you execute(goes ever for CXOs). Expect your bosses even upto C suite to be involved in minute details of your work at a daily basis. 4. No comrade feeling - Noone ever turns on their camera during meetings. Company built with efficiency as a cornerstone to be point that there is no relationship Last, the secrecy around everything you do and how you do things is insane. Dont expect Binance to even give you an experience letter when you leave.7
- 5.06 Nov 2023Business DevelopmentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearJakarta
-great team, very capable of doing their job, kuddos! -good bonus (surprisingly!-- which is great!) -high learning curve & exposure, i learned a lot! -get macbook pro -work from anywhere, even from different timezone like europe or america -fast pace
-so many secrets, recommended us to not put on LinkedIn publicly (which is still fine i guess... but not common for other big company) -workload on many things! sometime can get add more product to cover and we cover multiple products at the same time -after the mass layoff in mid 2023, 1 person can cover multiple regions.. basically 4-5 people's job in 1 person.... with no pay raise :( -able to lay off you JUST like that, my case was get called at afternoon, and have no access to everything by EOD (is it normal?)1Binance Response4w
Thank you for your feedback! We understand this is tough - it's not the experience we want for our staff. Similar to most financial institutions and tech companies, it is necessary for us to immediately restrict access for departing staff due to regulatory and security requirements. This is done primarily to safeguard our user data, and it's not a personal action against any individual.
- 2.02 Nov 2023Transaction Monitoring AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Remote job, decent pay but not great.
Bad management, no training programs, a lot of pressure, leaders only care about numbers not employees, benefits are being taken away due to legal issues. Growth opportunities are scarce and very hard to get a promotion. They have an anonymus feedback system in which only God knows who is writing such cruel and unempathetic feedback. Management is very cuthroat, which means if cannot cut it, they lay you off in a jiffy. They do not portrait the values they show so greatly in their core values website and all, only pretty paper empty words. Overall, stay away from this company. I am eagerly waiting for the day I finally get a new job.1Binance Response4w
Thank you for sharing your concerns! We understand that rapid growth comes with some unique challenges. We continually strive to improve our processes, provide career development opportunities, and promote transparency, empowerment, and community within the organization. We know that working in a stressful setting can be tough, so we strongly encourage our employees to express any concerns with their managers or the Human Resources team. Your feedback is appreciated as we work to enhance the experience for our team.
- 3.016 Nov 2023AML AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
- Salary on the higher side - Many projects though only selected ones get a chance - WFH 100%
- Micromanagement - Bottom out environment - Too much changes which cause confusions. - No career progression - KPI means nothing, you would need to exceed else you'll be the bottom. - Many good benefits have been removed (eg. maternity payout; fitness benefits).2
Binance Reviews FAQs
Binance has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 716 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at Binance to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.
43% of Binance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Binance 2.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.