Bluewolf Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Tough to maintain work life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Growing pains to be expected from a rapidly expanding company" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Amazing culture in a growing industry!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bluewolf sets the bar high for Salesforce Consulting agencies. Since joining a year ago, I have been given numerous opportunities to expand my professional skill set. The culture at work is phenomenal, and genuine friendships are formed in all aspects of the business. Management is approachable and supportive, and employees are trusted to work autonomously - productivity and engagement are high. I have never worked for a company as engaging, exciting and challenging as Bluewolf. A huge contender in the Salesforce ecosystem!

Cons

Senior management has large numbers of direct reports, and are at times hard to get hold of. Hoping that the integration with iX does not dilute the Bluewolf culture that is a huge contributor to why staff turnover is so low.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Sydney

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Agile, flexible and high level of autonomy

Cons

- Bank too much on existing clients, focused on milking them because they can't sign anyone else.
    - IBM integration is bad for culture, losing it's essence and reason as to why it was a good company.
    - Trying to find a way to remain relevant with Salesforce in an ageing and legacy ridden organisation.
    - Management keep employees in the dark - little information and no sight of the bigger picture.
    - Too much fluff - get things done in real time.
    - Hire people that can do tasks quickly.

Advice to Management

- Find more clients
    - Listen to your employees
    - Be transparent with employees

3. "Right Time, Right Place: Bluewolf is on the move up"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- extremely good on boarding
    - great culture
    - well documented and well thought out sales and delivery collateral
    - autonomy and trust coupled with challenging targets
    - cool client pool
    - IBM benefits and support without the big corporate issues
    - being part of IBM iX is simply amazing

Cons

- sometimes the overlap between IBM and Bluewolf processes can be confusing (this is a teething issue of the acquisition)
    - less of a con, more of a risk: if the Bluewolf culture gets too diluted by big corporate politics in IBM.

Advice to Management

keep Bluewolf a seperate world[place culture, along more strongly with iX

4. "Awesome. Soo much could learn"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Sydney
    Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are down to earth.
    Everyone is willing to help.
    Excellent location close to the station.
    Covers every month phone bill.

Cons

Not a very spacious working place.
    Hard to find a desk when everyone turns up.
    Could be a bit hard to do programming when everyone is talking to clients.

Advice to Management

If there’s a quite study room would be great.
    More beers needed for Fridays.

5. "So pleased I've re-joined the Pack!"

Current Employee - Client Advisor
    Current Employee - Client Advisor

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Robust methodologies, highly skilled people, great environment and phenomenal on-boarding.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of something....there's not many forks in the kitchen?!

Advice to Management

Buy more forks :-)

6. "IBM Benefits - Flexible and autonomous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the integration with IBM IX, the benefits package for Bluewolf employees is getting better. The team is growing and that is a great opportunity for a fast career progression. People are autonomous to run their day and responsibilities, no micromanagement. One of the best examples of companies merge during acquisition, Bluewolf is keeping its brand and great culture.

Cons

As business is changing and growing, new process and structure will be in place, time to be open to changes.

7. "Bluewolf"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Fantastic Career Growth, Flexible Working Environment

Cons

Very happy with my experience so far

8. "Australia is experiencing hyper growth."

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bluewolf is the tip of the spear for IBM's digital transformation strategy, delivering industry innovation across Australia. The Australian leadership is tenured, visionary and transparent. The culture is great and the mix between having fun and getting stuff done with excellence is taking the business to new heights. Staff are empowered to be entrepreneurial in a flexible environment that rewards success. The solutions Bluewolf is brings to market are highly relevant and demand for services are high. The company is in hyper growth mode which is very exciting to be a part of.

Cons

All businesses going through rapid scale have problems that need solving, it is these problems that create great opportunities for employee growth and make the work meaningful. There really isn't any material cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I love the leadership of this business. Keep doing what you are doing!

"Great On-boarding and great culture"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Melbourne

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of motivating and creative people all working towards the same goal. Everyone in the company is willing to help and there are some really good systems and processes in place to help you achieve your personal goals.

Since I started Bluewolf have provided anything I need to be successful

Cons

Nothing that springs to mind at this stage, if anything still some teething problems with the integration into IBM but these are typically resolved quickly

Advice to Management

Work hard to keep the culture as the organisation grows, it's very cliche but you really do get a sense of family friendship across the group.

10. "Australia - on the verge of something great"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney
    Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Bluewolf in Sydney for a few years now. I've experienced periods of staff turnover and leadership changes.

In the past 3 months I've noticed a positive change. I can contribute this to 2 factors.

First, is that since IBM acquisition, the focus at Bluewolf has changed from profitability to growth. I believe that IBM had 2 buckets of $$, one to buy the company and one to scale it. The growth mentality has allowed the local team to hire and train. We even hire ahead of the curve now! (Meaning we will hire someone if they are the right fit even if they don't have a project starting on their first day.)

Second, we are getting the right people on the bus. In the book Good to Great, Jim Collins says that if you have the wrong people on the bus - even if the bus is going in the right direction you still might fail. Why? Because at some point in the business that bus is going to need to turn, change direction. If you have the right people on the bus it doesn't matter what the traffic looks like ahead we can adapt.
    We've got the right leadership in place now at a local level. We are hiring experienced consultants who are a culture fit. These things contribute to a healthy workplace where we can learn from each other and run successful projects.

Consulting is hard. You have to be honest with yourself about what truly motivates you. If you are motivated by overcoming challenges, working as a team, and passionate about Salesforce technology then this might be the right fit for you

Also- pretty flexbile to work from home when needed.

Cons

No bonus scheme for consultants yet

Advice to Management

Stay engaged with Australia. Don't just fly in, fly out once a year. Share with us the growth plan for the region.
    Make sure to invest in each of the different "practices." They have to be more than just a few people.

Bluewolf Response

10 Oct 2016 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. It seems as if you have been with Bluewolf for a few years and have experienced the recent company changes. We are glad you have noticed a positive change within the last... More