Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 4548 reviews

3.7
Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Horacio D. Rozanski
Horacio D. Rozanski
Pros
  • "Amazing work-life balance with the most flexible schedule in the industry(in 573 reviews)

• "Great benefits and family life balance when needed(in 203 reviews)

Cons
  • "Significant pressure to stay billable on client work increased throughout my 5(in 202 reviews)

• "Work/life balance in management(in 200 reviews)

1. "Strong firm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good values and work ethic

Cons

Long hours, sometimes on the weekend

Booz Allen Hamilton2017-07-10

"Terrible Pay and Culture"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Everything depends on your specific project/team/client Non client-facing positions usually offer some flexible working arrangements

Cons

Outdated culture Management talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk Benefits are being cut even during growth periods You will feel like just a number Pay is terrible and not on par with competitors Very little work / life balance Office space is terrible, company refuses to invest in decent / large enough facilities High turnover among younger employees b/c of everything listed above

Advice to Management

None. They won't listen anyways. They are stuck in the 1900's. If you want to be overworked and underpaid, fight your colleagues for office space, be nickel and dime'd by your own company, have your benefits slashed every year even when the company experiences growth, and experience all the worst parts of corporate culture - Booz Allen Hamilton is the place for you.

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-02-09

"Not a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Brisbane

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO seem like a good guy.

Cons

"The Work Life Balance that it promises is usally not the reality" "It is common for a person to be hired and then let go in a few months for "lack of work""

Advice to Management

Stick with the pick

Booz Allen Hamilton2015-06-10

"Great people, terrible business"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton for more than a year

Pros

The people are great. Everyone -- even the difficult types -- are eager to work and excel. There are some senior officers with questionable morality, but most people here are great people to work with.

Cons

1. Federal clients. Don't forget that you'll move at their pace, not yours. 2. The nature of the job means that sooner or later you'll be strategizing ways to get more money from the client (i.e. federal government), regardless of whether or not you'll actually add value. BAH runs on government money, a large chunk from DoD, and thus is part of the bigger problem we have in this country with fiscal responsibility....

Advice to Management

I'm leaving this job for two reasons, despite being hand-picked and groomed for greater responsibility by senior management. 1. You weren't paying me enough to do the job; especially when you factor in the amount of stress this job puts on a human being, the amount of time I sacrificed with my family, the amount of guilt this job inspired in me as an American. 2. The job is not meaningful to anyone who doesn't lust...

Booz Allen Hamilton2016-09-15
    • "Great Company - Bad Client"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Benefits are some of the best I've come across in the DC area. 6% match, excellent health/other insurance options, the environment in the Booz offices is very laid back and relaxed but there is still a strong drive forward to get things done and accomplish goals.

Cons

Salary was below average and there is little room given for negotiation. Some of this is made up by the excellent benefits but at the end of the day we all should be paid fairly The time it takes to shift from one client to another, so if your current contract sours for whatever reason you can wind up stuck in a not-so-great place for several months

Advice to Management

Make the transition process from client to bench to new client faster and more streamlined. Make pay more competitive so you can compete better with the other consulting firms in and around the DC area (Deloitte, Accenture, etc)

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-05-21
    • "BIG, lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

A plethora of opportunities, great benefits, solid, professional

Cons

You're a small cog in a large machine

Advice to Management

More emphasis on Leadership 101: Accomplish the mission...AND take care of the troops.

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-05-21
    • "Good company, but inflexible"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Smart people, helpful network of coworkers, strong ethics, and job security are among the pros.

Cons

Inflexible career progression, low transparency for salaries at each level, and somewhat outdated company culture can be downsides to this company.

Advice to Management

Management would greatly improve retention among Millennials and new graduates if it allowed for fast learners to move up more quickly than the standard 1-2 years in each professional level. Also, increased transparency in the salary negotiation and annual performance evaluation process would increase employees' trust in leadership.

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-05-22
    • "Better than I had hoped"

Current Employee - Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A government contractor that hires you as an *employee*, not merely a body to throw at govt contracts...

Cons

Haven’t identified one yet — thrilled to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-05-16
    • "Great Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent salary & benefits. I enjoy being able to telework as needed.

Cons

If you're not working at the client site, you must reserve an office/desk each day.

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-05-16
      • "Great Pay and Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great flexibility in between company Great opportunity for students right out of college

Cons

I keep hearing it's too political, but I don't see it, so right now, no real cons.

Booz Allen Hamilton2019-05-17