BrightTALK Reviews

Updated 26 Aug 2020

4.0
BrightTALK CEO & Co-Founder Paul Heald (no image)
Paul Heald
Pros
  • "BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven(in 5 reviews)

• "Smart and diverse coworkers create a stimulating work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "entry level(in 3 reviews)

• "During the last six months BrightTALK have done a great job regarding global alignment(in 3 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Great place to start your career, best to move on after you’ve established yourself"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people are great, and you’ll love to interact with them

Cons

Wouldn’t let employees work remotely due to COVID until CA, CO and NYS put the stay at home mandate in place. Management is very convoluted, and is always contradicting themselves. For the amount of work and long hours you put in each day the pay is below average for the industry.

2. COVID-19

"Well positioned in current climate"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BrightTALK has excelled in the circumstances of the current climate with COVID not only from a people perspective, but a business one as well. Culture: - The company was already primed for WFH with many remote tools - Several new activities have been put in place to encourage peer connections - While the company was a bit slow to announce WFH, they have done a great job of setting expectations and making sure people feel comfortable before opening the offices back up fully Business: - BrightTALK is a need-to-have solution for high-growth startups and enterprise organizations and has become more vital than ever with physical events and trade shows cancelling - Over the last year, several new enhancements, tools, and products have been implemented in order to drive go-to market and create stickier clients Very fortunate to work for a place that deeply cares about its people!

Cons

- I mentioned this, but the company was a tad slow to announce permanent WFH and lagged behind other tech companies - Communication around leavers in the organization can be inconsistent. For example, someone might not know that someone left the company until even weeks later

Continue reading

3. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Loyal to their employees - Great office culture - Opportunities to advance - True solution based selling

Cons

- Can be "reactive" vs. "proactive" when it comes to change

Continue reading
  4. "Don't believe the internally solicited fake reviews"

1.0
    Former Employee - CSM

I worked at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

Not for a lack of trying, Brighttalk has put a lot of time into fixing their broken culture over the past 5 years. Unfortunately that all went down the drain with the appointment of the VP of Sales as the President and CRO.

Cons

Don't let the fake solicited reviews fool you. This place is run like a popularity contest. Pure sales culture all the way. Bizarre, mean, and weird people get promoted. Hard workers are not recognized. If you are tall and good looking, you'll make it far here. If you upset the wrong people they will sabotage your career without hesitation. Toxic is a mild word for what this place is like. Downright poisonous is a better description.

Continue reading
  5. "Incredible People, Alright Product"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at BrightTALK are what makes it so fun to work there. It's an incredible group of hard-working and very fun people in the office. There are lots of fun company activities and always a group of people who will want to go for a drink or a bite to eat after work. It's also a very collaborative environment and stands up to its mission and values.

Cons

Webinars are an essential part of B2B marketing but BrightTALK hopes to grow the audience that actually comes to discover webinars on their own by logging onto BrightTALK.com. There are aspects of the product that are exciting for marketers but not many people are going to come to the site to watch webinars for fun and I'm not sure that upper management can really see that...

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director Creative Service and Brand

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

BrightTALK has a great culture and clear company vision. I recommend BrightTALK.

Cons

Don't have cons to report on BrightTALK

7. "Great Company - Learn how to become a real solution based seller"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

BrightTALK is a company where you truly learn what it means to be a solution based seller. Early on in my career at BrightTALK, I had your typical sales struggles and learning the product suite does take a little time. BrightTALK never wavered in their belief in me and is a key reason I am successful now. I've been at other sales organizations, but I have never felt so empowered and motivated to succeed than I am at BrightTALK. If you take ownership of your day to day, you will be successful at BrightTALK. Plus, the office culture in Denver is second to none!

Cons

Not really much to put down as cons. As a sales professional, you deal with the same "stresses" you would anywhere else. Sales isn't for everyone, but if you work hard, are willing to learn and grow, this is the place for you!

Continue reading
  8. "The culture makes it here"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, helpful, and collaborative. No one is ever too busy to help you or ask questions. The feedback given is always very constructive so you know your path to improvement. They are very open to improve and take your input seriously and make adjustments very quickly. Great culture, people, and product!

Cons

None, I would say anything you surface with management gets heard and addressed.

9. "BrightTALK quite simply put is an incredible place!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What a fantastic company! The people at BrightTALK are ALL incredible. I was fortunate to see BrightTALK grow and develop and what remained the same was the alignment to the mission and values. The London office boasts a hungry commercial team who continue to strive for success. It’s competitive yet so supportive - sometimes this is actually pretty weird (in a good way). Being in a environment that supports collaboration is so important and for this very reason is why there are so many successful sellers (and aspiring SDRs). Hoopla is also a great way to share success. I enjoyed two president clubs and countless benefits and perks. I also want to highlight the social side. The FunTeam do a seriously impressive job and at least once a month you can expect to find yourself engaging with peers outside of the office. Fully stocked kitchen, “beer trolley” and pool table; all, the must haves right?! All in all, BrightTALK quite simply put is an incredible place!

Cons

During the last six months BrightTALK have done a great job regarding global alignment. Typical US and UK time zones restraints meant that Global Enablements were challenging and sometimes hard to engage with. However, this has now been addressed and meetings are far more focused and engaging. Great job. It means that new voices are being heard and this helps personal development. One thing which comes with any fast growing company is the workload. As teams change, I personally found myself taking on a lot of work outside my typical remit which I didn’t mind per say, but overtime it became somewhat draining. This happens anywhere mind but as growth continues it’s important to identify and flag.

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work & collaborate with all parts of the business"

Current Employee - Sales Executive, Growth in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at several large companies before coming to BrightTALK, and I have to say, this place really brings the collaboration to life. Everyone on the sales team is helpful when it comes to advice, working on deals together, or just being a listening ear, both peers and management. Across different parts of the business, everyone is willing to get involved with client questions or closing business including the finance, communities team, events team, customer success, and even the product team. All teams are willing to extend a hand when you ask. Lots of good snacks in the office too, on occasion we overbook ourselves, and it is nice to know that there are always ingredients to make a sandwich or bagel sandwich if needed, or just snack until you have time to grab food. Several offices located in NY, Denver, SF, & London.

Cons

There are no puppies allowed in the office, also difficult to work with co-workers in the UK (this could be a timezone thing).

Found 66 reviews