C Space Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Charles Trevail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Many senior employees who are working moms/dads-- feels good to be at a place that celebrates work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "C Space is a great place to start your career and grow your consultative skills" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover, long hours, little management or training" (in 13 reviews)

• "Can easily burn out on amount of work" (in 7 reviews)

"Senior Consultant"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

dynamic and flexible workplace. Fun at times

Cons

Too political... Being promoted is about who likes you more than about your work

2. "Its is very good company to learn"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nothing to say any pros about this company

Cons

very useful for every developer

Advice to Management

Nothing to advice to management

3. "Awesome place to work if you're looking to grow and make your mark"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with really smart and passionate people who are great to work with. A lot of agency environments are really cold or toxic, and I've never felt as supported and embraced as I have at C Space. The culture really lives their values, and celebrates awesome work.

Its a really exciting time of transformation and growth in the company's history, which creates a lot of awesome opportunities for ambitious and talented employees who are able to embrace change and are excited about doing something bold and different.

Senior leadership is also very invested in developing talent, and hiring/promoting from within.

Cons

Change is uncomfortable, and C Space is going through a lot of it right now. For long time employees that struggle with this new ambiguity and change, this is rocky period.

As an introvert, entering the company and getting to know people was a little jarring. Expect a lot of extroverted personalities, and a LOT of icebreakers. Hot tip for new hires: Always have a "fun fact" in your back-pocket during the first few weeks so you aren't caught off-guard.

Compensation could be better, especially for entry level roles - and I worry this inhibits our ability to attract top talent.

Advice to Management

For the most part, I think the executive team is doing a great job pushing our company into the future. My advice would just be to stay the course, or lean into it even further. I know it's hard to bring everyone along, especially in a company with so many long-term employees. However, sustained periods of change are stressful for the entire organization, and ripping off a band-aid is always better than the slow peel.

14 Jun 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for the thoughtful and specific feedback. We really appreciate the comments about our values, our warm and supportive culture focused on development, and the incredible opportunities in our... More

4. "Agency Life"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic client roster. A great place for young employees to get exposure to a variety of industries and client teams across marketing, insights, and strategy. A happy, youthful culture and a down-to-earth leadership team that seems invested in not only growth but in developing people. Moms are given lots of flexibility to WFH/leave early/come in late.

Cons

Just be aware that C Space is an agency which means clients first. This means work is often wild and unpredictable and we are rarely going to say 'no'. Those in client services will be staffed on 2-4. accounts The hope is that only one account is ever being ultra-demanding at a time but the reality is that you're often scrambling to support huge volumes of work for multiple clients. Staffing is a chronic problem and rarely do really good, talented insights people stick around for more than 3-4 years. Loads of new college grads and VPs with a thin layer of capable consultants in between. Very few financial incentives to justify the night and weekend work that anyone who has been at C Space longer than a year knows to expect.

Advice to Management

We need more qualified people to actually do the work. Educated, committed employees who can not only coach our fleet of early 20-somethings but also deliver solid work.

"Not worth it"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

-Great location in Boston near South Station. Makes for easy commute
    -You will meet some great people
    -Work on "big name" clients

Cons

-Propaganda-like company values. One of them is "Put we before me" which often translates there as "Why don't you work later to do this last minute report?" Forget trying to manage your time - they will twist your words and view you as not being a team player. Or "Do What Scares You" meaning doing something we didn't adequately train you (or hire you) for.
    -Staffing. Yes, in an agency there will be staffing woes. But your happiness is usually out of your hands when it comes to account types. Again, you can voice your opinion but it will probably reflect negatively on you ("Tell it like it is" doesn't really apply).
    -Promotion and merit is not universally evaluated across the board. Like account teams, you also have greater teams that your account types fall under led by a Director. Depending on what team you're on they do NOT judge performance equally.
    -Salary. HR will comment and say it's fair but it's not. It's just not. Especially for offices like NYC.

If you're early in your career like a new college grad, stay for a year tops, get some experience, and then leave.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure. It's obvious when you tell employees to leave good reviews when they all happen within the span of 24 hours though. Current and prospective employees can tell...

14 Jun 2018 – Senior Director of HR

This is a tough review and it sounds like C Space, your manager or your accounts were not a good fit for you; we’re pretty gutted to read your feedback.

This is not the experience we think... More

"Most inspiring and energizing place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

C Space is a company that is always evolving, growing, transforming the way we do business (and the way our clients do business) - and employees in all roles, at all levels, have a voice in shaping our future. You are surrounded by passionate, smart, caring people who help you learn and grow. It's the most inspiring, energizing place I've ever worked. We allow for people to feel ownership of the work, and our careers, and we have some fun along the way (and there is on-site lunchtime yoga and meditation for when we need some balance). :)

Cons

When we get resource-constrained (which happens during peaks of growth when we can't hire new talent fast enough), we can get grouchy and stretched. ;)

29 May 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you for your review, and more importantly, for dedicating over 10 years of your career to making C Space the place that it is today! Given your tenure I’m not surprised, but still so happy to... More

7. "My experience at C Space"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible opportunity to make an impact, be given autonomy and responsibility, culture way superior to any other agency I've worked at previously (3 London advertising agencies). I've been able to move role 4 times, move country, and have a lot of fun along the way.

Cons

Not super structured - you need to find your own path, and take ownership of your career. That means that if you are a self starter who wants to accelerate your career beyond the typical time-frame agencies may put forward, great. If you want to be more protected, have more formal learning opportunities, and be given a clear step by step path to progression, it may not be the perfect fit.

31 May 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

C Space greatly appreciates your more than 5 years of service across multiple roles and regions. We’re so pleased to hear that... More

8. "Wonderful place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing, talented, smart colleagues! I work with some truly amazing colleagues. C Space is truly an environment to learn grow, and pursue your passion at a growing company, that cares about employees. Despite their size, I honestly feel that C Space treats each and everyone of their employees as people first, and really values their unique skillsets. Managers here are also the best you will experience in your career! Across the board there is a focus on training, coaching and mentoring (both through formal classes and programs, as well as on-the-job mentoring.)

In terms of the work we do - it is exciting, varied, and actually helps companies make decisions that you can see! My husband hates going to the grocery store with me because I walk up the aisles and have to point out different products, packages, etc. that some of the work we do has impacted.

Cons

It is hard for me to think of cons, so I am re-purposing this box to be more of an advice to someone thinking of working here :

I would say that to be successful at C Space there is a level of pro-activity required on your part. I feel that those who are successful are not scared of trying and failing, doing what scares them (this is actually a company value!)

9 May 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Yes, shopping for some things – groceries, technology, toys, pulling through a drive-through, etc. are all hazards of the role. Experiencing the world through... More

9. "Great place to work with a lot of opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space (Less than a year)

Pros

C Space is a great place to start your career and grow your consultative skills!
    C Space stresses the importance of building great company culture.
    C Space helps you grow as a consultant through daily client interactions, building close relationships with consumers, and taking advantage of internal trainings.

Cons

If you have a particular preference towards the type of industry sector you want to be in, speak up! Make sure you tell the hiring team what industry you are passionate about to get matched with the best team!

9 May 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and share your experience. We are thrilled to be growing and continuing to attract great talent. I’m glad you’re finding C Space to be a great... More

10. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment. The work is truly consultative and makes real impact for our clients. Great mentors to learn from.

Cons

This is isn't a con for me, but you need to be a self starter here. If you don't understand, don't expect someone to come and help. You need to raise your hand, ask the question, speak up, etc.

Advice to Management

Great momentum right now. Keep it up!

8 May 2018 – Senior Director of HR

I’m so glad to hear you value our collaborative environment and feel the impact you make for our clients at C Space daily!

I’m happy you’ve found success in the freedom C Space allows for... More