C Space Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Charles Trevail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Many senior employees who are working moms/dads-- feels good to be at a place that celebrates work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "C Space is a great place to start your career and grow your consultative skills" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover, long hours, little management or training" (in 14 reviews)

• "Can easily burn out on amount of work" (in 7 reviews)

"Senior Consultant"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

dynamic and flexible workplace. Fun at times

Cons

Too political... Being promoted is about who likes you more than about your work

"Great Place To Learn and Turning The Corner As A Company"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at C Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

C Space is a company where hard workers and competent employees will be given responsibilities and exposure to clients and challenges that is hard to find at the same level in other agencies. Overall, C Space might be the best in the industry at the storytelling aspect of insights and brand consulting. Their community management is superior to other research agencies and the insights are always strong, actionable, and they generally go beyond 'general findings' that their competitors regurgitate to clients. The New York office has a strong culture that truly cultivates friendship between many employees, as does the Boston office. For an international company, they do a better job than most at establishing rapport across continents, though this still has room for improvement.

Cons

The New York and SF offices' salaries lag significantly behind other agencies in their markets, though I've heard this is improving. There can be long hours (though they don't have to be - it's up to you), but a lot of that is dependent on your client and they probably wouldn't feel as long if the compensation and promotion cycle matched the output. Typical 'big holding company problems'. No benefit to advanced degrees.

Advice to Management

C Space solves for business problems in a truly unique way, and it's exciting. Position yourself -- as well as the work and level of output you create -- as a consulting firm rather than an agency. I think you'll find new business, employee retention, and profit margins (and thus the ability to pay your employees fairly) will all match the fantastic work you're creating! Also, be sure to continually invest in your technology, as many processes that could be expedited are keeping your L1s in the office longer than needed.

14 Sep 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for the thorough and positive review; we’re very grateful you shared it and glad to hear that you had a positive experience during your tenure here.

And we're very proud to hear the comment... More

3. "Opportunity is yours, if you want it and work for it"

I have been working at C Space full-time

Pros

Super open to hungry, hard working, focused professionals

Cons

Lots of young people who aren't fully sure of how to work hard

Advice to Management

Invest in your senior level talent!

14 Sep 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks so much for your review. We’re happy to hear that the dedication and hard work our people demonstrate day-after-day is evident! The best part of our roles in People & Ops is watching and... More

"Not sure what their long term growth opp is"

I worked at C Space full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart people who know what they are doing

Cons

They work people too hard for what they are paid

Advice to Management

appreciate and compensate your employees for the work they do

5. "Good place to work"

I have been working at C Space full-time

Pros

Lovely and very smart people! Great projects and lot of scope to learn new things.

Cons

Too much workload and not properly mapped teams.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at C Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get a lot of experience you would not get at another company because they are understaffed and need someone to do it. This will be without proper recognition, but a great resume builder.

Cons

Overworked, understaffed, underpaid, high turnover, fake reviews

I find the previous review interesting because it says "lots of young people who arent fully sure how to work hard." I find it to be just the opposite. Its the lower level emplyees who are overworked and underpaid while the tenured senior employees dont seem to know how to work hard.

3 Sep 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for your candid feedback. While we don’t like to hear such negative commentary, we appreciate hearing about your experience during your time here.

It is true that staffing levels have... More

7. "Really effective and fun culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at C Space full-time

Pros

C Space has gone from good to great over the last few years. Line management and standards have improved, as has the marketing and branding and growth. A really good entrepreneurial place to develop your career. Also somewhere the values and culture aren't just a statement, they generally are lived and acted on. Leaders are making this a place people really want to be for a long time and can accommodate different lifestyles and people.

Cons

C space develop a lot of their own methodologies , but some other agencies probably spend longer on really strong basics and training depth of specialism. Some people are brilliant, some are just good/ok.

Advice to Management

As somewhere that can be quite generalist, and has its own IP, still try to develop depth of expertise methodologically. Beware of jack of all trades status and ensure the researchers , UX folks, brand folks are the best in the industry.

8. "Incredible Organization"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard, meaningful, and impactful work, with some of the best people you'll ever meet.

Cons

The agency world is no walk in the park. Clients are tough, expectations are high, and the work load is significant.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your message of building a Customer Agency that puts the customer at the center of every business. It can sound a little buzzy, but the way C Space executes this mission is authentic and meaningful.

"Agency Life"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic client roster. A great place for young employees to get exposure to a variety of industries and client teams across marketing, insights, and strategy. A happy, youthful culture and a down-to-earth leadership team that seems invested in not only growth but in developing people. Moms are given lots of flexibility to WFH/leave early/come in late.

Cons

Just be aware that C Space is an agency which means clients first. This means work is often wild and unpredictable and we are rarely going to say 'no'. Those in client services will be staffed on 2-4. accounts The hope is that only one account is ever being ultra-demanding at a time but the reality is that you're often scrambling to support huge volumes of work for multiple clients. Staffing is a chronic problem and rarely do really good, talented insights people stick around for more than 3-4 years. Loads of new college grads and VPs with a thin layer of capable consultants in between. Very few financial incentives to justify the night and weekend work that anyone who has been at C Space longer than a year knows to expect.

Advice to Management

We need more qualified people to actually do the work. Educated, committed employees who can not only coach our fleet of early 20-somethings but also deliver solid work.

6 Jul 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of the C Space experience. Our clients, the culture, our youthful energy and the flexibility we offer moms, dads and everyone are... More

10. "Its is very good company to learn"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nothing to say any pros about this company

Cons

very useful for every developer

Advice to Management

Nothing to advice to management