CMC Markets Reviews

Found 162 of over 175 reviews

3.7
CMC Markets Executive Chairman  Peter Cruddas
Peter Cruddas
Pros
  • "Actively and genuinely trying to improve diversity and work life balance(in 25 reviews)

• "Generally good people, alright culture(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression may be limited due to limited growth in non-HQ offices(in 13 reviews)

• "No working from home, even during the Covid19 outbreak(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Senior Software Engineer

May 7, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

good team members, good project and learning path

Cons

Can find any cons thing for me

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work, poor pay.

Apr 20, 2022 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Goood office environment and ambiance

Cons

Poor pay and salary review process

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Client Services

Mar 27, 2022 - Client Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

-good experience for the duration

Cons

micro-management and very strict on workers

1 person found this review helpful

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. It is important to us to ensure our workforce is engaged and we are committed to following through on actions identified through feedback. We have many initiatives in place to ensure feedback channels are available as we recognise this is important to improving the way we work together. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees’ so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically we can improve. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Chill environment, limited growth

Mar 30, 2022 - Client Service Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you do your job well you get left alone

Cons

Sub par pay, not a whole lot of high paying roles

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing people

Feb 22, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist in São Paulo, São Paulo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of resources Work life balance Great work culture

Cons

Role is very pigeon holed

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We give a great deal of autonomy at CMC and encourage people to shape their own career paths, which the company actively supports through a range of learning & development initiatives. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok starting out role

Mar 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful water views at Barangaroo

Cons

Not enough pay Not enough lunch time affordable options

Continue reading

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees’ so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically we can improve. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further.

7. 4.0

So many growth opportunities

Feb 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are always opportunities to develop if you put your hand up.

Cons

You may need to do some antisocial hours given it's a global company, with head office in the UK.

8. 4.0

HNW

Jan 31, 2022 - Relationship Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, collaborate, nice office, nice people, good location

Cons

Vertical management, low pay, hard to speak to management

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company, easy going, opportunities.

Cons

Not much can be said negatively to be honest.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some great people but pretty old school

Jan 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great people that work there A very interesting industry to work in Great staff events & effort is made to put on drinks / lunches etc Some of the leadership team is great, down to earth

Cons

This company is not a leading fintech - the data and systems are ancient/ non existent which is surprising in such a profitable business. Poor work life balance and there are some old school views around flexibility & wellbeing. There are some challenging, (mostly) male personalities that can behave in a way that is just inappropriate in this day and age - blow ups / yelling at their staff / being arrogant, overly direct & confrontational / talking down to you in areas of your expertise. A lot of disrespectful nonsense is tolerated because these people are in senior positions & have been in the industry a long time. This is not the place to work if you are planning a family soon, or have young children. There are many more flexible places to work. No job is worth your health & family time. A large portion of your pay is bonus based. This is mostly linked to how the company performs overall. If you sacrificed having a life and were a knock out performer, yet its a touch year for the financial markets - you won't get your bonus.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We offer an agile working environment & flexible working to help maintained a healthy work-life balance, whilst also recognising the importance of face to face collaboration within the workplace. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees’ so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically we can improve. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Reviews

CMC Markets Reviews FAQs

CMC Markets has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at CMC Markets to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CMC Markets employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CMC Markets. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

62% of CMC Markets employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CMC Markets 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with CMC Markets Job Seekers