Capco Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.8
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good policies for working women and flexibility to manage work life balance" (in 42 reviews)

• "Great people with an approachable leadership team" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is what you make of it" (in 33 reviews)

• "TBH, I'm not sure senior management want NY HC in the office" (in 27 reviews)

1. "A "grad scheme" with a bit of a difference..."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Associate Talent Programme (ATP) is not a "grad scheme" as such - it's not just open to graduates but offers an entry-level consulting job. This is what I found so interesting at the start, I joined not just with other graduates but people with all different backgrounds and experience! The short, sharp training that I began with offers me a good level of knowledge in the basics of consulting along with a comprehensive set of role plays which gave some life to the theory.

The opportunities for quick career progression - it's a graduate scheme without the rigid confines of set milestones every year or two!

Capco's culture - despite growing bigger and bigger, Capco had an entrepreneurial spirit about it and still has a "small firm" feel about it.

Social events - there are several events every quarter which let's you network and meet people from all over the firm.

Accessible Senior Management - over the year I've been here, I've met and spoke to many of the senior partners and leaders in the firm who are all extremely approachable and accessible at all the different events!

Support network within the firm - the coaching system gives you access to leaders in the firm who support you with your career and general advice.

Capco have a broad range of high-profile clients to work for, so I've ended up working with some of the largest Banks in the UK across different areas within Finance which has been really interesting.

Capco has 28 offices around the world allowing opportunities for Global networking and job opportunities.

Cons

Some of the benefits offered aren't as broad as larger corporate firms (however this is somewhat made up for in the competitive graduate salary)

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people - all the events that go on at Capco are a great way of bringing the firm together and meeting your colleagues!

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Partner in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with integrity and good market solutions. Management treats everyone fairly and plenty of growth and opportunity within Capco and clients

Cons

Lots of politics but nothing new in mid-size companies

3. "Great atmosphere to work"

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Despite of being under umbrella of a large parent organization, Capco Pune has retained culture of small organization where you feel connected to peers and to management. Senior management and HR team are quite accessible and are flexible to take inputs from employees. As organization is growing at a fast pace, there are ample growth opportunities. You get to work with some of the finest talents from across industry. Compensation is quite competitive. Someone coming in from a service based organization might find it little different to adjust to Consulting culture here, but once you spend sometime it will be a truly nice working experience.

Cons

Since it is still in initial growth phase in Pune, there seems to be limited client opportunities especially if you compare it with large service based organizations. However, with Management focus and outreach to potential clients, outlook seems positive!

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive growth outlook!

4. "Wide scope for Learning & Development"

Current Employee - HC Lead in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - HC Lead in Pune (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee Empowerment, Process Oriented, Ensures Work Life Balance & Conducive Environment.

Cons

For me its too early to think on Cons

Advice to Management

At least I should be completing a tenure of 8 months to think on these grounds where I can put forward my advice.

5. "Best Place To Work - Capco Pune"

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture and values. An employee focused organization. Management is very cooperative.
    Work Life Balanced .
    I have joined recently, it;s one of the best Work Culture in capco

Cons

Nothing Much To Say as Negative Points.

Advice to Management

Lets make it together, one of the top organization in the world because Sky has No Limits.

6. "Great firm with energy and momentum"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Recently taken private again
    - Constant opportunities to impact the industry and voice your opinions at every level
    - Accelerated company growth, creating new opportunities for growth and development
    - Fresh and vibrant brand
    - Opportunities for promotion due to constant growth and internal opportunities
    - Very inclusive Senior Management and flat organisation - easy to gain exposure to all levels of management

Cons

-Not very easy to transfer globally
    -Some growth pains due to rapidly evolving organisation

Advice to Management

-Continue to maintain the Capco culture and celebrate successes!
    -Continue to keep a flat structure
    -Increase the opportunities for global opportunities within Capco

7. "People focused company with great culture"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Capco for 3 years and so far have had a great experience.

The senior management team create a culture that is inclusive and supportive, and have maintained this even though the company is going through a huge growth spurt.

Training is excellent and readily available. There is an active coaching community and the recognition process is fair and transparent.

Projects I have worked on have been rewarding and value add to the clients.

Cons

As the company grows the existing performance management process is taking up a huge amount of resources and time to complete, and therefore needs to to be reviewed for streamlining where possible. I can already see improvements in this area however.

Internal services such as technical support need to grow inline with the growth of the business in order to continue to adequately support.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the Capco culture and celebrating success!

7 Aug 2018 – HR

Thank you for your comments and it's great to hear your enthusiasm for Capco in your review. We agree that Capco is a very special place to work and offers lots of opportunities to develop a... More

8. "Good company to work"

Current Employee - PMO Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - PMO Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work, if the projects are good. Friendly management.

Cons

Company does not have any cons

9. "Rapid growth but the culture is still there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic, ever-changing and fun. Always room to grow and bring new ideas to the table. Non-hierarchical and you can progress quickly. The company is growing fast but there are a group of senior leaders that maintain the culture - the challenge is cascading that across the business effectively.

Cons

New joiner integration and comms are still a challenge with rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Invest in employee engagement and retention.

30 Jul 2018 – HR

Thank you for your comments and it's great to read that you are enjoying many of the great benefits of working at Capco including the culture and great development opportunities. Rapid growth in any... More

10. "Really friendly environment"

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More Onsite opportunity and good opportunities

Cons

Self learning and training also provided

Advice to Management

Cab facility is good

2 Aug 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we're very pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. Thanks for your continued contribution to the team!