Capco Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.8
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good policies for working women and flexibility to manage work life balance" (in 41 reviews)

• "Great people with an approachable leadership team" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is what you make of it" (in 33 reviews)

• "TBH, I'm not sure senior management want NY HC in the office" (in 27 reviews)

1. "Software Developer"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great learning opportunity and really brililant coworkers

Cons

no immediate cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

more obvious bonus structure.

19 Jun 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the great development opportunities and working with your Capco colleagues. Thanks for your continued contribution to our... More

2. "Overall a good experience"

Former Employee - Consultant-2 in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Consultant-2 in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good projects, supportive management and HR team, work life balance.

Cons

The number of projects are less.

19 Jun 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Capco. In particular, the work, supportive culture and flexible working options. We wish you the best of luck in... More

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore Rural (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore Rural (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good place To work in

Cons

Nothing To the top management

Advice to Management

Na.......

11 Jun 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. I'm not quite sure what you mean by your comment on top management, however if you have any suggestions that you... More

4. "Personal Development"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Grear people to work with, consistently changing work environment.

Cons

Beneficial personal development opportunities available

4 Jun 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read that you enjoy working at the firm, in particular working with your Capco colleagues and the work environment. Thanks for your continued... More

5. "Senior Manager- facilities"

I worked at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional Management , multi culture, encourages, good perks, transparency.

Cons

Odd timings, cafeteria, travel, statutory bodies.

Advice to Management

Rise to the occasion.

4 Jun 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed many of the great benefits of working at Capco including our culture. It is difficult to comment on some of your other points... More

"Lots of bad projects, low comp internally compared to market"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great
    Benefits are stronger than other places
    Capco office is nice
    Seems there generally decent work if you're PC/MP

Cons

Comp is below market, especially if you move up internally
    No shame in staff aug, especially where the company is headed in just making a dollar any way possible
    Promotions and ratings are incredibly political despite what capco says (coming from someone who has done well)
    Projects aren't good. You have the wide array of being a project manager in a staff aug role or a business analyst in a staff aug role
    Win projects specifically because of lower cost, no other reasons
    HR on here acting like all this is far from the truth shows how out of touch they are

Advice to Management

If you want to compete as a consulting company then do less staff aug and pay people competitively, there's a reason for the turnover. Capco gets strong people but doesn't utilize them correctly and they leave.

7. "Happy to work with you -- CAPCO."

Current Employee - Human Resources OPS in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Human Resources OPS in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, my senior management is innovative, supportive and friendly.

Cons

Can be a little considerate

4 Jun 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. You mention the senior management in particular - the firm's limited hierarchy helps to promote regular and open... More

8. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the variety of projects, the flexiblity.

Cons

I haven't encountered any negative aspects so far.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in your consultants.

30 May 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review - we are delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. Thanks for your continued contribution to the Capco team!

"It's getting sad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is still, somewhat, of a family like atmosphere here and people try to look out for each other. The company is seeing rapid growth.

Cons

This was once a great company with a lot of financial services insight and expertise. It's become a coding sweat shop with much of the financial services expertise now gone.

The rapid growth has seen a lot of people join that are not what would be termed "Capco quality" in ability or attitude.

The leadership team has become very weak. Some partners just seemed checked out while others talk a good game but don't seem to sell anything. These issues are fixable but two other things have gone too far.

1) Favouritism - it is rampant here. The CEO has sent out blogs to say that it either doesn't exist or, where it does, it is justified due to performance. (ignoring a problem or denying, doesn't fix it)
    I've been here long enough to see that the preferential treatment is definitely NOT due to performance. It seems to be related to how well you get along and, unfortunately, it looks like race has now entered into this equation. This is obvious on the office's largest program where there is a clear and widespread impression that under performers of a certain ethnic background are being overly acknowledged and promoted at the expense of others. This is widely discussed between staff but either hasn't been heard by management or has been, more likely, ignored.

There are even employees who have long left the company (and are part of the "inside clique") who are still showing on the company roster. Rumours are widespread throughout the office as to why this is and those are the whispered office joke.

There are even two "consultants" who actually aren't consultants and no one really knows what they do but they never are on client engagements and seem to have no real performance metrics. Both part of the "favourites group"

2) the partying atmosphere has gotten out of hand. It's fun in small doses but it has gotten ridiculous to the point it is embarrassing. That culture is set by one person. The stories of that person's performance at the last town hall (and the after party for the favourites and insiders) have spread across the office like wild fire and that person owes every Capco employee an apology. For the first time, I'm ashamed to work here.

It's one thing to over indulge a bit once in awhile but the fall down, drooling all over yourself, unable to put together a coherent sentence and trying to become a poster child for why the #metoo movement exists, is a regular occurrence and so and over the top that, as a woman, I'm re-evaluating my employment here. I feel the impact of this individual's "extra-curricular activities" on the Capco brand is now beginning to impact the individual brands of the people in the company.

I'm leaning in the direction that, the moment I find the right opportunity, I'll be sending in my good byes

Advice to Management

Seriously, clean up your act. This isn't university anymore. Start being professional. I really think that you need to start bringing a councillor in.

15 May 2018 – HR

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. We take all feedback extremely seriously. We have looked into each of the concerns you raise and will continue to monitor the position.

Types of... More

"Excellent Consulting Firm"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

True meritocracy where hard work is rewarded
    Numerous projects across a broad range of interests and fields
    Supportive partners and senior leadership
    Great benefits

Cons

Firm is experiencing continual growth so expect organizational changes
    Work life balance is what you make of it
    Don't expect any hand holding if you are not personally motivated

22 May 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed many of the great benefits of working at Capco including the opportunity to work on a range of interesting and rewarding... More