Cascade Strategy Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 19 November 2018

4.8
Tom Wright

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Place to Learn And Work"

Former Employee - Developer in Sydney
    Former Employee - Developer in Sydney

I worked at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This was my First company in Australia, and experience was superb.
    There are so many things to learn and work.
    The transparency in the environment is the fact that makes this work place best.

Cons

I personally couldn't find any, most chilled environment.

2. "Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sydney
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Sydney

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cascade gave me the opportunity to learn more about software development as well as experiencing what it is like to be in start up. It has also allowed me to experience other aspects of the company and is always willing to teach.
    Everyone is responsive, friendly and ready for conversation revolved around the company and always cares about the company culture.

Cons

Can sometimes take awhile to implement change/improvements.
    Some projects can be either too time sensitive or not time sensitive enough

"Best Place I've worked at!"

Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Sydney
    Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Sydney

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people! This is the number one reason why I enjoy working at Cascade. The location and office are also great (right in Surry Hills, close to Central and great food).
    The key selling point is the people though. This is a young company and we take bold chances when we need to, as a team. The Co-founder and CEO is very much involved in every aspect of the business, but in a way that you can own your space and run with it when you need to.
    I'd honestly work here for free if I didn't need money...

Cons

I guess the downside is that we do not have a permanent BBQ on-site to cook up a storm when we need to, but we're about to get one, so we can enjoy the lovely balcony...!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't let the corporate haters get the best of you!

4. "The place to be if you want to be part of something"

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time

Pros

Great people, great place, great potential. I've been lucky enough to have a had a bunch of really good workplaces in the past, and been able to work with some brilliant people, but Cascade tops an already strong list.
    Here you have the chance to grow alongside Cascade, and really be part of something.

Cons

Hey, it's a startup, and that comes with all the things you'd expect. The stuff that needs to get done, needs to get done, even if it's not what you'd ideally be spending your time on.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to evolve the the vision and renew the focus, while maintaining our culture - we get that right, it's going to be huge.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, friendly people. Good office and location. Relaxed and autonomous environment. Open, transparent and ethical management.

Cons

Too relaxed sometimes. Need more specifics in terms of targets and expectations.

Advice to Management

Engage the staff in decisions more, especially while still being a small business.

6. "The most fun I've had in a role"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Cascade are literally the best I've ever worked with. We have fun, get loads done and respect each other tremendously. I look forward to coming into work almost every single day.

Cons

As a young company, some things are still being figured out. Processes will continue to improve over time.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of how positively different Cascade is as a place to work, and why that's the case.

7. "The best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from the corporate world, everything about this role has been a breath of fresh-air. The honesty of the people, and genuineness of what we're trying to achieve is just awesome.

Cons

It's a startup, so the work can be tough and the rewards might take a while to fully materialize.

Advice to Management

Keep going and don't forget to empower the awesome people you have!

8. "Customer Success Representative"

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and excellent leadership that takes care of their employees. Also, you work with strategic plans EVERY day. You never stop learning.

Cons

Time zones make it a tad difficult for calls between AU and US. Not too big of an issue however.

Advice to Management

Nope. Keep up the great work! :)

"I couldn't imagine working anywhere else"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It isn't possible to sum up how great Cascade is in one text box, but here's my attempt...

-Culture: The CEO and Co-Founder has created a culture of transparency and humility that has trickled down throughout the entire company. I've worked at Cascade for about 2 years, and I've yet to experience a single toxic scenario in which an employee's concerns were being ignored or politics became a problem. This has been continued throughout the Portland office, and ultimately drives a culture where everyone enjoys coming to work. It's infectious, and that becomes obvious when company outings turn into everyone talking about how happy they are, rather than complaining about their job.

- People, then product, and then everything else: The company values its employees beyond the bottom line. That can seem cliche, but it's been tested and proven consistently in my time here. Also, having a product-focused HQ in Australia is a beautiful thing for an American branch that primarily focuses on the client. The platform being great is the ultimate goal, and that vision doesn't get skewed by individual deals.

- Growth Opportunity: No employee, regardless of title, is limited in what they're able to contribute. The organization also actively props up employees that take the initiative to improve the organization, and pretty much all management is homegrown.

- MBA on Steroids: On the business side, this job provides direct contact with executives and leaders across some of the biggest and best brands in the world. Dealing with their strategies requires critical thinking at the highest degree, but it also provides some incredible learning and networking opportunities. Having gotten my MBA, I can say that I learned 10x's more about the way businesses function within my first few months at Cascade.

- Other perks: Compensation is good, locations are cool (Portland, Sydney, Seoul, and going to be opening other offices soon), offices are nice, lots of travel opportunities, progressive mentality, diverse international culture, lots of vacation (which you're encouraged to take), and that's just what comes to top of mind.

Cons

Working at the American branch of an Australian startup certainly presents challenges - with time zone being high on that list. It's always tough to maintain cohesiveness through international teams, but that's specifically difficult when there aren't a lot of defined systems in place. You (as an employee) can look at this as a negative, or as an opportunity to make your mark on the company and make it even better. I think most staff leans towards the latter.

Advice to Management

Make it a priority to consistently reiterate and communicate the vision of the company to all employees. The vision is a thing of beauty, but it's only as good as how well the staff understands it!

10. "CEO, North America"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer, North America in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer, North America in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Cascade Strategy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have a great product that can make such a difference for companies at a great price. We are transparent, curious and willing to make the tough decisions to get it right. Excellent culture.

Cons

No hiding here at Cascade - you have to be able to do great work with great effort to fit in and make a difference.