Clarius Mobile Health Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

4.3
Clarius Mobile Health CEO Laurent Pelissier (no image)
Laurent Pelissier
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing ultrasound technology that is saving lives.

Jun 18, 2021 - Marketing in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s important to me to believe whole heartedly in the company I work for. At Clarius, getting our amazing wireless ultrasound technology to market means giving clinicians a view under the skin for a quick, accurate diagnosis. I want all the doctors who treat my kids, my community and the world to have Clarius in their coat pocket. With high-definition ultrasound in hand, clinicians are able to better care for patients in real-time. Physicians are saving lives with Clarius - that feels great! I’m excited that our team is making such a difference. And the technology is the best in the market, with new AI-driven innovation making ultrasound imaging clearer and easier every day. The rapid pace of innovation here is astounding.

Cons

Honestly, I’ve been here a year already and still feel lucky to go to work with such a great team. Looking forward to COVID being over so we can work more closely/frequently in the office. The previous office didn’t have many options for lunch, the new location at the Broadway Tech Center has so many amenities and food options.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to Work for

Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company in a rapidly expanding market. Current generation scanner is very good and selling well, however company continues to focus on new product innovation. Overall a great company to work for with a bright future.

Cons

Small-cap / mid-stage start-up. Normal stuff, however company seems aware of the usual start-up gaps and leadership does their best to make them short lived.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Uninteresting projects; quite a boring place to work.

Feb 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent compensation. - No micro management.

Cons

- No collaboration between team members. - No visibility from the management about the direction company is heading. - Tight deadlines which leads to horrible work life balance.

1 person found this review helpful

Clarius Mobile Health Response

Human Resources

I’m sorry to hear your time with Clarius was not positive. We have experienced great success over the past few years and this can bring some growing pains. As our business continues to expand, we are bringing on more team members to help us meet some very exciting goals. Our employee survey results from this year were quite positive, with employees sharing their view that Clarius’s key strengths are the culture, our people and our product. We recognize collaboration, communication, and work/life balance can be a challenge during fast growth and have initiatives in place to continue improving these at Clarius. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback; hearing from our employees, both current and former, helps us evolve and improve our employee experience. Thank you.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jun 18, 2020 - Electronic Technologist Co Op in Burnaby, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice manager and colleagues

Cons

There is not a very clear corporate culture

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Former Engineer

Apr 12, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good manager, people are respectful, interesting high quality product, good hardware technology,

Cons

Nothing I can think of, overall a good company

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not bad

Mar 18, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Pretty chill - CEO keeps you up to date with company status

Cons

- need better management - better financial planning

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great colleagues and a great place to work

May 28, 2018 - Data Scientist in Burnaby, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The product is amazing. If you join the app team, you will immediately see your impact in the next release cycle. - Clarius has a ton of images. This is an amazing opportunity for aspiring data scientists to have an impact in the biomedical field. - The management is extremely understanding and sensitive to the needs of employees.

Cons

Since Clarius is a startup, you might be asked to develop software in addition to data science projects. This might not be appealing to advanced degree holders who are only interested in machine learning related projects.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Perfect Company for Aspiring Leaders

May 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clarius is coming out of startup phase and entering into a real player into the portable ultrasound world. It's technology clearly outperforms competition and it's ongoing projects aim to maintain leadership in the medical imaging space. Though a young company, it has some experienced talent that has cumulative experience of probably 200+ years in the ultrasound industry, and this comes from just a few key employees. That being said, there are many potential leadership roles, as well as new engineering roles that will need to be filled over the coming years as the company continues to blossom. Just announced they received another $6M in funding after 1 year of sales, so things are definitely looking good!

Cons

Great leadership, but needs additional personnel to deal with planning of upcoming large scale projects.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Big potential & big challenges

May 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

inspiring company to be apart of lots of work to do that is very intellectually challenging great team of people to work with everyday - everyone is smart!

Cons

it's a startup, personally i think its a great thing, but...if you haven't been involved in one (do some due diligence before jumping in!) otherwise you might be afraid of doing lots of different roles at the same time and not having corporate norms to guide you.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great Opportunities and Atmosphere

Apr 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse team with a lot of really bright people from all over the globe. Great opportunities for progression if you are a hard worker. Top management is receptive to input from anyone. Discussions are very productive since anyone can voice their opinion and be heard. Super friendly atmosphere. Having worked in a range of workplaces from multi-nationals to Mom & Pop shops, I can truthfully say this place is the best yet. Very flexible with accommodating work-life balance. Opportunity to work on a wide-variety of tasks rather than a small group of mundane tasks. Tons of collaborative work. I disagree with an earlier post that says otherwise. You can't complain about not working from home and be collaborative at the same time. Be present and actively engaged with others and there is tons of collaboration. I personally have had to work from home numerous times and it has never been an issue. The company works incredibly fast and is very focused on continual development.

Cons

There was a small hiccup in 2018 but the company has learned from it and is stronger than ever.

4 people found this review helpful