Found 176 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The only pros I will mention is flexibility of time and good pay because it will be in USD." (in 71 reviews)
- "Less hassle where you can earn money in the comfort of your homes" (in 44 reviews)
- "Course Hero is great in a way that it gives us tutors the flexible time to work on this platform." (in 37 reviews)
- "Hours are flexible and reasonable." (in 35 reviews)
- "Flexible working hours and work from home" (in 33 reviews)
- "Its by and large a remote internship with unique opportunities to tour their actual Silicon valley office using a robot virtual tour." (in 21 reviews)
- 4.0FEATURED REVIEW20 Dec 2022Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Strong growth and financial position, and product-market fit have been well established. The business is well-run and the leadership team is focused on the future. There is a positive culture, and work-life balance is highly encouraged and practiced. Ability to work remotely or hybridly, with offices in Redwood City.
Nothing substantial comes to mind.
- 4.030 Nov 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRedwood City, CA
good work-life balance, nice co-workers
business direction not very clear in recent years
- 5.09 Oct 2023TutorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
It's been the flexible working ground for me. Thanks to Course hero I can work in all places. The payment for questions are quite well matched. Especially some of the comments from the students would make my day. It's been more than 19 months I have been part of this and I don't regret spending any of my time here. Thanks for the opportunity.
I personally think course hero is making the prohibition for very simple things, once i mistyped my number in withdrawal and they prohibited me. Mistakes does happen right, prohibition for such small things isn't nice. And with the course hero support team, some times even when the reason for unhelpful is meaningless the course hero will not support me in helping my rating.
- 5.029 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- the people are really great — smart, driven, kind, welcoming - mission/domain is motivating and interesting - lots of internal transparency about co strategy and product decisions, i feel like i can raise any idea and it'll get to the right people and considered - good size; not overworked or underworked - great perks/benefits and comp - love virtual-first workplace with opportunities to meet up at HQ
- the HQ is really nice, but an additional San Francisco office or coworking space budget would be amazing for everyone who lives far from there but wants to meet up more frequently - i like that PTO is accrued because it helps align expectations, but 15 days for first year is less than prior tech roles1
- 2.08 Nov 2023Subject Matter Expert (SME)Current Employee, less than 1 yearNew Delhi
Flexible work hours and it pays good.
Tutor support team is very bad. Without reason, they sends incomplete answers.
- 1.012 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
ICs are nice and supportive
Complete chaos, actual stated strategy for Q2 was to “move fast” and “throw things at the wall and see what sticks”. What was thrown were multiple independent chatbots all over site, then justifying it later by saying it was the strategy all along for many months. CEO (specifically John Peacock) was promoted into role from director at lightning speed due to smooth talking, and founders are supportive. He is completely inexperienced, toxic, and demanding—the closer you are to him in org structure, the more you are watched and have to either suck up, or be fired/laid off/pushed out/etc. VPs with extensive and respectable careers are sidelined, or mysteriously disappear due to “mutual agreement”. People who are left either submit to him, or are inexperienced loyalists he brought with him up the ladder (until they disagreed, then they disappear too). Micromanages every function, giving direct orders for every insignificant detail. Thinks he knows entire fields better than the experts, and pushes teams to execute his demands. The inexperienced people promoted are those who play political games, while producing nothing but words.8
- 3.08 Nov 2023Accounting TutorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMandaluyong City
-extra Income -easy application -non-voice -remote -flexible
-unreasonably strict quality team -does not care about tutors -lower rates per question
- 5.03 Nov 2023Accounting TutorCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Can work anytime/flexible hours Good tutor support team/ they reply within a specified time and will help and guide you.
Some questions can be answered more than hours.
- 1.08 Sept 2023Subject Expert TeacherFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Easy buck at first if you are an expert in your subject. You can also work from home.
They will allow you to earn at first, but after some time, they will close your account without any reason and will just steal your money. I have around $1,500 pending since I tutored full-time. Out of nowhere, they closed my account and asked for a video verification. I obliged in less than an hour, and they said the requirement is incomplete or the time has lapsed (they gave 48 hours). All in all, they will steal from hardworking tutors. They destroy lives. They are inhumane and nobody should support them. If I could only file a lawsuit, I would. I am on track to be a lawyer and I will come back to get them in the future.
Course Hero Reviews FAQs
Course Hero has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,556 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Course Hero to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
67% of Course Hero employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Course Hero 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.