Domino's Reviews

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Domino's is good about working around your schedule needs and provides flexible hours throughout the week (in 115 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, not bad for someone going to school or who has other obligations (in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of wear and tear on your car (in 52 reviews)

• Minimum wage was a bit rubbish seeing as the pizza is so expensive (in 72 reviews)

1,574 Employee Reviews

1. "Hard work, but ok pay"

I worked at Domino's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, and food discounts. Meeting new people. Must be very social and be able to handle alot of work to succeed working at dominos

Cons

Hours and work load. Physically demanding and the only way to get the job done is to work hard.

Advice to Management

More breaks for workers

2. "Not terrible in job statisfation...terrible in pay though"

Pros

It's a pretty fun job when you are doing deliveries.

Cons

A lot of the time when there is no deliveries, you are stuck cleaning the dishes and feeling as though you are in hell.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to get drivers not hating life when not delievering

3. "It's okay"

I have been working at Domino's part-time

Pros

Make good friends, learn new stuff

Cons

Bad pay, short shifts, big workload, have to use your own car for deliveries

5. "Family runs the local Dominos, in it for themselves"

Current Employee - Delivery Expert
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was quick and easy, hired within the week I applied. Online training of procedures through Dotti which explains everything very clearly. GPS tracker has been really helpful due to its star-rating system, allowing the driver to see their progress and if they need to improve. Tips are definitely a confidence booster. I have had some really great customers during my time working here.

Cons

My case certainly wouldn't be the norm at other Dominos stores, however the current family running the local store have only themselves as full-time employees while everyone else is on casual and barely receiving 4-8 hours a WEEK, with shifts only being 2 hours long generally. This family has gone through many businesses and were previously an Eagle Boys. The father is the absolute worst. I will be speaking with higher ups about the comments he has made, insulting myself and my partner on many occasions. He constantly looks for mistakes (big or small) that workers have made so he can have a go at them about it, this has been evident especially lately as I've been doing really well with my deliveries and receiving great customer feedback, so he has been trying to poke at me over minute things. He has admitted to the fact that his family is in business to give themselves the most work and anyone else is just an extra set of hands. I think I could be much further ahead if they gave me the kind of hours a REAL job would offer, but 4 hours a week does not provide any hope at all for "career growth". I was originally on the make bench and was having trouble with getting my sauce even. They made me a delivery driver about a month or so into the job and didn't put me back on make bench afterwards, with the father saying quite rudely I was, "absolutely useless" and "too slow" when by that point I was actually getting better so I'm pretty certain it had to do with paying me less by making me a driver and putting me on during hours where I would only get 1 or 2 deliveries per 2 hour shift.

Advice to Management

Shouldn't be running a business at all.

6. ".."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Newcastle
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Newcastle

I have been working at Domino's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

scooters are always broken and cant use them

Cons

scooters are always broken and can't use them

7. "dominos driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Boy in Penrith
    Current Employee - Delivery Boy in Penrith

I have been working at Domino's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free pizza during shifts, free drink during shifts, if you like pizza this is the place to be, delivering can be fun and it brings happiness

Cons

not the healthiest place to work, the hours open/close shifts can get a little difficult but you know that all comes with the terrirory doesnt it!

Advice to Management

It can be hard to keep things fun in such a fast paced environment so i guess finding some ways to keep things happy during the stressful times would be great!

8. "Sales"

Pros

Fast paced, always kept busy. Plus pizza all day woo

Cons

Customers demanding deals, pizzas were always made in a hurry

Advice to Management

Pick upyo game

9. "I've had much, much worse (and a few better)"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Brisbane

Pros

Franchise not owned by an Indian. Reasonable flexibility with hours and availability. Clearly defined limits of delivery area

Cons

Lack of organisation in-store at times. Irregular issuance of required paperwork such as payslips and other entitlements. Some equipment in poor condition. Management focus more on fixing minor issues with uniform appearance than fixing major infrastructure failures.

Advice to Management

Fix the big picture issues such as getting product out the door to the customer and carry out needed repairs - benches should not be collapsing under the weight of a box of food, and docket printers should last longer than a few hours with a new printer ribbon fitted. Point the finger at the people actually responsible for the problem rather than blaming the people who have no control over the cause of the problem. Minor problems such as not having a shirt tucked in properly don't affect the running of a shift, and shouldn't be the focus of criticism when customers are waiting for their order.

10. "Terrible in all aspects"

Former Employee - Instore Team Member
    Former Employee - Instore Team Member

I worked at Domino's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was better than I thought, 10.52 an hour for an under 16

Cons

Very limited hours, managers were always nasty to new comers. Pay was never in on time and I never received a single pay slip in my time working there. Over all a terrible place to work

Advice to Management

Take it easy on newbies hey!

11. "Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Matraville
    Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Matraville

Pros

free pizza for every 5 hours working there

Cons

The pay is way less than the minimum average salary which is $18 in Sydney

Showing 1,574 of 1,591 reviews