Duo Security Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.6
Duo Security CEO Dug Song
Dug Song
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing Pains (systems not in place, no guidelines, communication could improve)(in 11 reviews)

• "Just like any rapid growing company, there are a few growing pains(in 9 reviews)

1. "99% sure this will be the best place I ever work"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Big company security/small company perks (close with coworkers, no dress code, flexible hours) - A product and mission people care about and have pride in - A focus on learning and growth - Don't get micromanaged - Career path opportunities

Cons

- Life has been so good here, people's expectations is a little out of whack with what to expect from a workplace (high expectations) - Like any tech product company, innovation needs to stay high or the whole thing becomes irrelevant

Advice to Management

- Focus on innovation - Continued focus on work/life balance

Duo Security2019-07-12

July 15, 2019HR Consultant

Thank you sharing your feedback. Duo is a special place and it’s clear you’re experiencing that!

2. "Great Job!"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership, Management, Team Environment, Culture, Kinder than necessary, Benefits through Cisco, Sales Incentive Program

Cons

There are no cons. Work here if you can.

Advice to Management

Keep the amazing culture.

Duo Security2019-07-11

July 15, 2019HR Consultant

We very much appreciate your kind review. One of our favorite things about working at Duo is the amazing people and culture we’ve built. Thank you again for sharing!

"Awesome Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loving my new role compared to the previous one :-)

Cons

as of now, none at all

Duo Security2019-02-21

March 4, 2019HR Consultant

We love seeing reviews like this, thank you for the kind feedback. Happy to hear that after a year you’re continuing to grow and enjoy your role at Duo!

4. "A place where colleagues become friends and customers become fans"

Current Employee - Channel Manager in London, England

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture- blessed to work within a culture that truly brings out the best out of everyone Great product Combined with Cisco we move fast forward

Cons

You have to prioritise , otherwise you can get lost in the flow

Advice to Management

Keep the Duo vibe alive within Cisco

Duo Security2019-01-13

January 16, 2019Employment Brand Coordinator

We appreciate your kind words and are so happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It helps us continue to make Duo a better place.

"Cool kids club"

I have been working at Duo Security full-time

Pros

Friendly people and good leadership.

Cons

Unprofessional colleagues. People promoted into management positions before they are ready.

Duo Security2018-11-29

January 23, 2019HR Consultant

Thank you for your feedback! We’re always looking for ways to ensure our employees have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where everyone feels they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.

6. "Amazing tech company in the heart of silicon valley"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

- forward thinking management team - m team really cares about their employees - great work/life balance - intelligent and friendly coworkers

Cons

- office space needs an update - no lunch catering

Duo Security2018-11-05

January 23, 2019HR Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments! We’re doing our best to improve our office space experience and food options. Feel free to reach out to facilities if you have any suggestions.

7. "This is a review title, hah"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where do I begin? * The management here sees itself as a support and guidance structure to help engineers achieve their goals. I feel empowered every day to do well at my job and build really cool things. In addition to people management, project managers at duo help organize and disseminate project information, taking a lot of the bureaucratic load off of us. * The workforce is inclusive, friendly, and (relatively)...

Cons

The influx of bureaucracy when joining with Cisco. That said, we're being shielded from a lot/most of it by Duo management, and many of the technical issues should be resolved soon.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. Your staff surveys I imagine keep you apprised of any issues before most staff have them. You're doing a great job with the Cisco transition.

Duo Security2018-11-06

January 23, 2019HR Consultant

We very much appreciate your thoughtful review and are happy to learn that you enjoy your team members and our work perks! As we become a part of Cisco, a company 100x our size, there will be more bureaucracy. But exactly as you said, our role as Duo management is to do everything ...

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Duo Security

Pros

People!! Some of the kindest and brightest people!

Cons

Working under Cisco has changed the organization

Duo Security2018-10-30

January 23, 2019HR Consultant

Thank you for your feedback. One of our very favorite parts of Duo is also the wonderful people! Thank you for bearing with us during our time of growth, we believe that our whole company will feel the positive impact of joining with Cisco.

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

PEOPLE #1 Culture WFH/PTO flexibility Openness to feedback Continued Education Interview Process Even as we are going through an acquisition, Duo has kept me feeling confident, needed and has given me all the resources to keep my head down and get work done. There is no other company I would want to go through this with. #WeAreDuo

Cons

Limited availability to move up (in certain departments more than others) Communication Growing Pains (systems not in place, no guidelines, communication could improve)

Duo Security2018-09-24

January 23, 2019HR Consultant

Great feedback! With growth comes new challenges, and maintaining the amazing culture we’ve built will always be a top priority. #WeAreDisco

"Duo is a fantastic workplace with amazing people and values"

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Duo Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the begging of the recruiting process it was clear that Duo was different from other places I have applied. The recruiting staff impressed me with their speed of follow up, willingness to answer all my questions, and setting expectations on how the process would work. Alissa Hebert was a pleasure to work with and made me feel like I was the only person she was recruiting, which I doubt was the case. From there I...

Cons

The biggest challenge for me at Duo is the size of the organization. Historically I have worked in small organizations(<50 people) as a consultant and making the leap to being an employee has taken some time to get used to.

Advice to Management

The people, values, and a democratizing security product are what makes Duo an awesome company and a joy to work for. As long as management keep that in mind I see good things in our future.

Duo Security2018-07-20

July 23, 2018SVP, People

Thank you for your kind comments! And, thank you for the reminder that we need to keep front and center in our thinking the human values and democratizing mission that are so fundamental to Duo's success. Steve Mac

Found 102 reviews