FireEye Reviews

3.4
FireEye CEO/Board Member Kevin Mandia
Kevin Mandia
Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of 401k matching is "offset" by stock options(in 42 reviews)

• "No 401k matching currently available, but offset through other benefits(in 36 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"HighEnd Tech Company and a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at FireEye Bangalore over a year. I really enjoy this workplace. the main reason is that it is best place to learn, explore, and maintain work life balance. There is minimal bureaucracy and Leadership believes in giving freedom to employees. Some of the FireEye products are best in the market and detection capabilities are amazing. Coming to work culture. FireEye is "Great place to work" certifed. Trust me this is not easy thing to get like some of the marketing awards. This company is launchpad for many cyber security professionals. people have ample of scope to learn and establish the brands Benefits: Compared to any other FireEye sized companies, FireEye is above them. Some of the freebees include, lunch, snacks, Gym Cultural team is very active and keep the employees engaged throughout the year, even during the COVID times. There is strong support from US Leadership and Willing by Indian Leadership to grow this unit. Finally on the pros, you feel you are working for startup company, there is so much of energy and flexibility. There is recognition for performance and tenure as well One advice for prospective candidates is that never stop your learning, come with open mind and keep proving yourselves

Cons

FireEye is undergoing business transformation this is to keep business profitable and achieve strategic objectives. This has caused some headcount reduction. however as compared to other companies, FireEye has taken care to have minimal impact. however some reduction were inevitable which is unfortunate.

October 13, 2020HR Program Specialist

Thank you for your valuable feedback ! We are thrilled to know that you appreciate the initiatives taken by the company for the well-being of its employees. We absolutely believe in maintaining transparency so that employees can walk up to the management for any kind of grievances. We constantly try to upgrade ourselves with the latest benefits and will continue doing so to match up to the market standards. Employee engagement and employee well being has always been a priority for us and a pandemic truely cannot stop us from connecting with our employees. :) We have well defined platforms to recognise and appreciate the good work of our colleagues and it is just not restricted to the corresponding teams. We are very excited about the future of FireEye and our products and services continue to make us stand out as a leader in cyber security .

2. "Support"

Current Employee - Director in North Sydney

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expert and committed cyber defence team

Cons

none that I can think if

Continue reading

3. "Great exec leadership terrible Theatre leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at FireEye full-time

Pros

Great tech (at the time) Mandia was a very genuine guy trying to solve some hard issues for the community

Cons

Terrible theatre leadership and politics tolerated

"The most racist company I have ever heard of."

1.0
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Sydney

I have been working at FireEye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing that I can recommend

Cons

They literary have a written section on their selection criteria for people from certain countries and races to be ticked and checked! This is 2020 not 1810

August 20, 2020Manager, Global Talent Acquisition Operations

Thank you for your input. At FireEye, we are fully committed to a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging, and recognizing the value of each individual’s unique background. Any such data that might be collected as mandatory by law is confidential and is done post-hire (this is in no way used as part of our selection criteria). If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to Karl Solomon at karl.solomonson@FireEye.com, Head of APJ HR.

5. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall good work life balance

Cons

No cons I can think

April 27, 2020HR Ops Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback on our Glassdoor page. We are glad to know that you think we provide the best possible work life balance.

"Great technology and on the right track"

4.0

I have been working at FireEye

Pros

Great people and technology and ambition

Cons

Changes direction frequently and hard to keep track

"Losing Their Way"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great technology and some very clever people in parts of the company. Decent benefits, and the stock price seems to be getting stronger again.

Cons

Recent overhaul of management has put a group of people in charge of the company who appear to be out of their depth. They have zero understanding of the security market, and even less clue about working in a fast paced, high growth environment, so the energy has all but disappeared. What was once an inspiring company to work for is now a bit of a yawn.

May 19, 2015Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at FireEye. We are glad to hear you enjoy the technology, employees, and benefits here. We are sorry that you feel the communication and employee appreciation could be better. Our employees are our top priority and we understand we would not be where we are without them. Thank you for all of your work at FireEye.

8. "You need to be in the right team !"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Bangalore

I worked at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Immense learning opportunities given you are in the right team - Good salary and tech benefits - Great employee engagement events

Cons

- Difficult to switch teams - Difficult to get your ideas across the management

9. "All Good"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at FireEye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Exposure to the Security domain. Got the chance to work on robust and trending technologies

Cons

Too much work pressure from the manager and competitive culture.

Continue reading
  10. "Good company to work with"

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Pune

I have been working at FireEye full-time

Pros

Work life balance, good pay.

Cons

Stability, should have a stable top management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 616 English Reviews