Fitbit Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.4
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
Cons
  1. "Highest quality team I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company at the cutting edge of technology, creating great products and encouraging people to lead healthier, happier and more active lives. The work culture is fantastic to be a part of and it's great to be surrounded by colleagues of the highest standard.

Cons

None so far, though if I had to pick something it would be the challenges of keeping up in such a fast growing business.

Advice to Management

Be proud of what you have created, stick to the business core values, keep up the hard work and future success will follow

Fitbit2015-08-30
  2. "Fitbit company pros and cons"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Flexible, innovative and exciting, never boring.

Cons

Turbulent and constantly dealing with changing goals.

Fitbit2018-01-09
  3. "Brilliant opportunity"

in Melbourne

I have been working at Fitbit for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic, focused, international team. Responsibility and autonomy. Your input into business improvement is valued and acted upon. Extremely fast pace.

Cons

Extremely fast pace, sometimes long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep going!

Fitbit2015-09-07
  4. "great place to work energised people"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

lots great to lace to work

Cons

none to speak of just growing pains

Advice to Management

keep going

Fitbit2015-07-18

"Short overview of "Why Fitbit?""

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit part-time for less than a year

Pros

An environment that really allows you to grow both career wise & on your personal journey. Love working with people committed to what they're doing & always eager to share some of their knowledge. We really want to make the world a healthier place with our products and we're constantly pushing ourselves over our limits.

Cons

Nothing that crosses my mind at the moment:)

Fitbit2019-11-25

"A very good environment to work in"

Current Employee - Lead Android Software Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

The first best thing about Fitbit is the people that are behind and the way they interact in teams and cross-team. They are all open minded and willing to help you at any time. Also, Fitbit is a great place to learn lots of things and even make your ideas part of the product (there are Hackbits and also a place where you can state your idea). Last, but not least, the benefits are good and the Bucharest office is... well located

Cons

There are times where you have to take meetings at later hours to sync with teams in the US, but this is very flexible: you can take them from home and come a bit later the next day

Fitbit2019-11-13

"A short title"

Current Employee - Cloud Software Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit part-time for less than a year

Pros

awesome people; flexible time; i've learned a lot from my team; my team is patient with me

Cons

none so far; i really like here

Fitbit2019-11-13
  8. "Good collaborative workplace"

Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work hard, but you're fairly compensated.

Cons

Hard to balance work/family life.

Fitbit2019-11-07

"Good Work/Life Balance, Products & a Mission you can believe in, & a company focused on influencing the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The mission "To make everyone in the world" healthier is one that is talked up a lot but I feel most people do take it to heart here and it is something much bigger that we can get behind, rather than just aiming for "profit over everything" - You get an understanding of how these products change and impact peoples' lives and you feel a responsibility to them to put out your best work possible, because for some... people it really becomes a matter of life or death - Solid office perks like Friday Happy Hours, guided workouts & meditations, healthy snacks in the kitchens, regular company wide activities like step competitors, good location in downtown San Francisco, internal testing opportunities to help influence future product launches - Most people I have met and worked with are friendly and willing to help if you know how to ask. I've never really run into anyone with a snobby or "above-it-all" attitude and it definitely helps with the work flow. - Unlimited PTO, need I say more? Of course, use it responsibly and don't always be gone either, but if your work is done and it isn't a crazy time for the company I've never had an issue with a time off request. - You can feel the sense of community, especially when you see a lot of people gathered, at an all hands meeting for example, and you can feel when we all win or lose together. - Very open to self expression and supporting any extracurricular activities you're involved in and potentially bringing it to the company if you talk to the right people - Pretty recent, but there's been a strong push on diversity in the office and in recruiting which is nice to see that has become a priority, especially as someone who is considered "diverse"

Cons

- While the jobs can be good, I've found a lot of different teams seem to struggle with finding an upwards mobility path. There's been a recent push for learning and development, but a lot of people don't know where to go "up" from their roles. - That leads directly into a lot of turnover, so sometimes it's hard to find a contact for something you need when the one you know left and no comms were sent out about... who is taking that over - I think it's seriously insane that we don't have a company gym. Yes, there's a small building owned "gym" in the basement, but it's a sorry excuse for a gym. I've seen hotel gyms with more equipment and space. Besides the obvious connection to fitness, it would also provide a cool environment for us to mingle in a different way and showcase features we love & use from our devices. - Could definitely use more "chill" areas or just places to work and get away from your desk and/or conference room.

Advice to Management

We're the owners of this space, and we need to act more like it. It is hard to see competitors gaining the edge over use over simple things that we could have implemented a while ago. We need to continue to innovate and push forward company wide and ensure Fitbit stays dominant in the futre. I can tell there has been a recent push on employee health & wellness which I can very much appreciate, but there's no... excuse to not providing a gym to the employees and I believe the majority of us can agree on that. I know we're all learning and growing so I understand growing pains, but let's work together and make the future Fitbit.

Fitbit2019-10-28

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Android Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice project to work on Good career plan and personal development Different benefits Ability to work from home

Cons

Some late meetings, however those can be taken from home, or you can come later at work

Fitbit2019-09-26