Fitbit Reviews

3.8
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
Pros
Cons
  • "No clear path for growth; results in in-fighting among middle management(in 10 reviews)

• "Difficult to manage work life balance due to resource constraints(in 9 reviews)

1. "Highest quality team I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company at the cutting edge of technology, creating great products and encouraging people to lead healthier, happier and more active lives. The work culture is fantastic to be a part of and it's great to be surrounded by colleagues of the highest standard.

Cons

None so far, though if I had to pick something it would be the challenges of keeping up in such a fast growing business.

Continue reading
  2. "Fitbit company pros and cons"

4.0

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Flexible, innovative and exciting, never boring.

Cons

Turbulent and constantly dealing with changing goals.

3. "Brilliant opportunity"

in Melbourne

I have been working at Fitbit for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic, focused, international team. Responsibility and autonomy. Your input into business improvement is valued and acted upon. Extremely fast pace.

Cons

Extremely fast pace, sometimes long hours.

December 4, 2015CPO

Thank you for your review. It is much appreciated. Fitbit is very fast-paced and dynamic. We are constantly working to add new talent and try to ensure that long hours are not the standard. Always feel free to give us your feedback or call up the HR team for a live chat. Thanks!

4. "great place to work energised people"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

lots great to lace to work

Cons

none to speak of just growing pains

Continue reading
  5. "A wonderful place to be"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bucharest
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- flexible work schedule - enthusiastic people - you can always get help when needed - there always are new learning possibilities - complimentary snacks

Cons

- there can sometimes be pressure when delivering on a tight schedule

6. "The place to be in these hard times"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Over the past few months, we have all experienced a change in how we work, where we work from and how we manage our personal lives, all while trying to deliver the same. I appreciate that Fitbit made me feel safe and showed a real interest in offering what I need to succeed in this new environment of WFH. Some examples would be the reimbursement we get for internet services, the budget for purchasing ergonomic furniture, etc. 2. You get to work with really smart and passionate people

Cons

The functions outside engineering don't have too many career opportunities, especially for lateral moves.

Continue reading
  7. "Great culture. Cool product features in pipeline."

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great development environment with all sorts of infrastructure frameworks and teams support. Managers are super supportive - easy to switch teams for working on the projects you are interested. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. I've been enjoying working at Fitbit so far. The roadmap of the future deliveries is awesome.

Cons

No free lunch provided. But do have happy hours every Friday with decent food.

July 31, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're so happy to hear that our managers are supportive and you enjoy working with your colleagues! We look forward to when we can host our Friday Happy Hours again! Thanks again and we appreciate everything you do for us!

8. "Great Place to work !!"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company Culture, Great Benefits, Ample opportunities to learn, Professional.

Cons

My team and boss are super cool so I am in pretty happy place so far.

July 31, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you've sensed the strong company culture and opportunities for growth that we've worked so hard to make part of our everyday life at Fibit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career

9. "Good for career starter but no long term growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great snacks, fun work environment, and happy hour every Friday. Benefits are just alright. A great career starter for recent college grads to build their resume.

Cons

Lack of guidance from management for career growth. If you have an interest in a different role, good luck talking to your manager about making the switch. Also lots of politics at work.

10. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Mentorship opportunities. Lots of opportunities, great experience overall. Great co-workers.

Cons

Poor work-life balance. It's the norm to work 12-14 hours every day

July 31, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you're enjoying our mentorship program and the opportunities for growth! We appreciate all that you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

Found 296 reviews