Full Spectrum Laser Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Henry Liu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing company, be a part of something exciting!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Henderson, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Henderson, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very, very cool products... Lots of opportunities and advantages to working for a company coming out of the start-up phase. In every aspect, this company is striving to improve. The technology and products this company creates and sells is incredible. The team of engineers and software developers are truly inspiring to work alongside. There are free snacks available a few days a week, PTO, etc.

Cons

As in most companies of this size, still trying to figure out what policies and procedures work best for employees and customers alike. First time owner/operator who has had great success but still ironing out all the ways to be an effective leader of 60+ people.

Advice to Management

Dedicate time to showing the staff, for whom success is impossible without, what they mean to the company through communication, effecting the quality of their daily life and recognizing those member who make it a habit to go above and beyond for the sake of the company. Maintain standards of appearance and protocol. Invest in the cornerstones of staff to ensure there's less turnover, more continuity and in the end more effectiveness.

"Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting projects, where all developers get to work directly on the code across many systems. Projects feel like they matter, writing code for an evolving product and developing features for new ones. The company atmosphere is friendly and there is no competition between departments.

Cons

There is the occasional obsession with micromanaging our time, and not always trusting the employees to get things done, even though we've proven to be trustworthy. When this happens, feels like someone is watching over my shoulder as I work. But luckily this has been improving and happens much less often than it used to. Main other downside is that I think there could be more PTO available, or more flexible hours so PTO is not needed in the first place, if time can be made up elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to get things done, until they prove that they cannot be trusted. And if we aren't trustworthy then you have reason to scrutinize our time.

"Unique Company with Incredible Growth Potential!"

Current Employee - Technical Sales in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Sales in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with an exciting product that allows people to create some amazing things. The upside potential here is endless and the company keeps growing. Definitely has been an opportunity that I am thankful for and enjoy!

Cons

As a result of the incredibly fast growth departments do not always communicate as quickly with each other as they should. However, this is getting better and we are becoming a well-oiled machine!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on staying ahead of the curve in our competitive global market.

"Great Relationships"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great relationships with other employees, benefits are better this year because we continue to grow. Good changes in management

Cons

Maybe add a bilingual technician in customer support

Advice to Management

Create the Laser 101 video that shows how the machines work, in spanish

"Everything is awesome when you're part of a team!"

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time

Pros

Great team. Smart people. Cool products. Management that cares about the company and its employees. Bonuses every 6 months. Good Benefits. Growing, profitable company.

Cons

Legacy of negativity/turnover, but it is turning around as new people come on board.

Advice to Management

Hang in there and keep building an outstanding team. The "Nay Sayers" will fall by the wayside. Positive, team building actions say it all.

"Great Place - New Attitude"

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time

Pros

Fast Growth, Cutting Edge tech, Competitive Pay , Bonus , 401k!

Cons

Turn over rate high but changing for the better

"Positively Progressing!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Management and Ownership are great, super cool products, great facility!

Cons

I think we used to get more variety of free soda's in the breakroom... hard to complain!

Advice to Management

Keep growing and pushing to be better! You're doing great!

"FSL Pros and Cons"

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee benefits are better than my last two jobs at a lower cost, employer pays a large portion.
    Bonuses are paid semi annually. Most compaies had done away with bonuses, but not this one. Bonuses are fair and Objective for EVERYONE, not just some people.
    Snacks and drinks provided. Management really seems to care about employees even as company is growing.

Cons

Some people are very negative and vocal about it, gossiping and the like. As new people get hired these types are going to be out numbered so they seem to get more vocal. Most people are nice but some are quite the opposite. The company culture is changing, just not fast enough.

Advice to Management

Communication and customer service are BOTH key items. They know this but some people feel they are not communicated with enough - even though they may just not understand what has been communicated to them.

The company culture needs to improve.

"FSL 2017"

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rapidly growing company , bright future.

Cons

Some legacy issues from prior times seem to have tainted the perceptions of a few former workers.

"Work is good, management could be better"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's main product is its line of lasers, followed by 3D printers using lasers and resin instead of filament. Most of the staff are either mechanical engineers or in the sales department, with a handful of software engineers. There are a few other positions, of course, but those make up the bulk of the employees.

The kitchen is usually stocked with food and drinks, and the working areas are large enough that people are not bumping elbows.

Cons

Being a small(ish) company, I found no room for growth in the software development side of things. The owner takes advice/feedback from the employees, but there is no upper management, so everyone is on about equal footing, and ideas have to be brought straight to the owner. Sometimes, for technical or practical reasons, the software team may all agree that going a certain route would be best/easiest, but the decisions are stymied by the boss.

Advice to Management

Some of the software developers that come in from other companies have experience that would greatly simplify the work, so although they are newer, consider their contributions on equal footing as some of the more senior staff.