Fusco Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

1.4
Lynn R. Fusco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Management in New Haven, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Management in New Haven, CT (US)

I worked at Fusco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary. They need to pay employees a good salary in order to buy their loyalty.

Cons

Unhinged, disrespectful , dishonorable, conniving, owner, Lynn fusco, lacking all scrupulous and basic human dignity. Everyone that interacts with her, thinks the same. Company possesses toxic environment with toxic spewing "leader".

Advice to Management

Sell the company. Learn respect, if you can't learn respect sell the company.

2. "Toxic culture throughout"

I worked at Fusco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Long Wharf is a beautiful building with some great perks and good views. I didn't experience any pressure to work extra hours in my position, so there was no problem with work/life balance for me.

Cons

Sometimes I wanted to throw myself out of those beautiful 14th floor windows.

The culture here is competitive in a bad way, departments don't work together, everyone is too busy looking out for their own interests, and it leads to a cutthroat, backstabbing mentality. Although I didn't work closely with senior management, I'm guessing it comes from the top down. I routinely encountered behaviors from managers that suggested distrust and bad faith, and there was a pervasive sense of fear. Management pays lip service to innovation and new ideas, but prove to be invested in the old ways of doing things. It was very stressful and unpredictable to work here, and I was relieved when I left.

Benefits and compensation were minimal at best, and there is little to no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Strong leadership empowers and trusts its employees, which fosters innovation, and a company can grow and prosper.

The opposite is stifling, which is an accurate description of what it felt like to work there.

3. "Run away!!!"

I worked at Fusco full-time

Pros

Hours are reasonable and the workload isn't ridiculous

Cons

The company doesn't have ANY upcoming projects and is continually bleeding staff. Pay and benefits are lousy compared to the market. Everything is treated as a huge secret and no one is allowed to know anything about how the company is doing or what projects are being pursue. Again, I would like to reiterate that this company as NO UPCOMING WORK.

Advice to Management

Focus on the company's future to make sure that there is still a company there in a year!

4. "Micro management and impossible communication"

I worked at Fusco full-time

Pros

Work hours were normal, no overtime

Cons

Micromanagement on everything from going to the bathroom to how your hair is done

5. "Great Job, Good Company, Horrible Economy, and Bad Luck"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New Haven, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New Haven, CT (US)

I worked at Fusco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional atmosphere with room to advance, but stay below the radar. My salary and benefits were very good. Job as Assistant Project Manager on large industrial construction projects was extremely stimulating, and coworkers were tops. HR Office was very helpful in setting up unemployment documents. Also, Fusco was willing to pay for employee trainings, and university.

Cons

Very much a corporate atmosphere, meaning, each person has sacrificed a little bit of his or her soul. Do not stand out, definitely do not ask 'why' or 'why not,' and remember that you will have no loyalty from the company if/ when your job can be eliminated. Creativity is not really an asset. One will do better to follow the established system.