G Adventures Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 164 reviews

4.5
G Adventures CEO Bruce Poon Tip
Bruce Poon Tip
Pros
  • "We have an incredible company culture and I truly enjoy coming to work every day(in 18 reviews)

• "Amazing relationship with all coworkers around the world(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "EXTREMELY LOW PAY- do not expect to have much discretionary income whilst you work here(in 17 reviews)

• "It also gets a bit tedious and boring to go for dinner with your passengers on the trip on most nights on long tours of 2-3 weeks(in 8 reviews)

"Work with a purpose"

Current Employee - Marketing in Melbourne

I have been working at G Adventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at G never feels like 'work' I am genuinely excited to go to work most days and am motivated to promote our product because I believe it is genuinely the best in the world. Changing people's lives through travel is the core of our business and I love everything that we do to achieve this!

Cons

Pay could be better but I'm happy so I don't realllly care

G Adventures2019-06-27
  2. "Young and Fun Company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at G Adventures full-time

Pros

- Get to meet many amazing people from all around the globe - Truly feel like you are making a difference in the world - Very fun and vibrant office culture - Travel perks- discounted tours and flights

Cons

- EXTREMELY LOW PAY- do not expect to have much discretionary income whilst you work here - There are many internal systems issues that make you appear unprofessional to clients and make it hard to do your job to the best of your ability - The level of career advancement opportunities that exist in other travel companies do not exist at G Adventures

Advice to Management

Pay your staff a decent wage and have incentives that are less about team performance and more about individual performance

G Adventures2019-01-13

March 1, 2019Coordinator, Global Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We are conscious salary is a concern and we have plans to complete a salary audit across the business to ensure all salaries are fair and competitive in both the travel and vertical industries.

3. "Call Centre sales"

Former Employee - GCO- Global Connections Officer in Southbank

I worked at G Adventures for less than a year

Pros

Awesome team environment Strong focus on staff enjoying their workspace Beer o’clock on Fridays Team activities

Cons

Global phone line and rude North American clients Felt like a call centre and expectations were to answer 40+ calls per day Salary is low

Advice to Management

Bump up the base salary!

G Adventures2018-10-24

November 27, 2018Coordinator, Global Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are conscious salary is a concern and we have plans to complete a salary audit across the business to ensure all salaries are fair and competitive in both the travel and vertical industries. We hope you're doing well in your ...

4. "Engaging and Purpose Driven Company"

Current Employee - GPS in Sydney

I have been working at G Adventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company includes Happiness within their P&L bottomline, a massive focus on having a higher purpose and changing people's lives through travel, engaging culture, FOC trip incentives, lots of opportunities for personal development and growth.

Cons

Being global it can sometimes take a while to receive work tools such as phone upgrades, uniforms, and flyer / design approval.

G Adventures2018-05-29

May 30, 2018Coordinator, Global Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to comment as we do value all feedback!

5. "Global Purpose Specialist"

Current Employee - Global Purpose Specialist, QLD in Brisbane

I have been working at G Adventures full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Freedom and Flexibility to succeed and enjoy the rewards a company with a soul you can believe in Very focussed on the Employee, who then focusses on the customer. A place for a Vocation, not an occupation

Cons

Loads of ideas - lots to get your head around Very different to other companies - not many transferrable skills for similar roles, so perhaps not for the unmotivated - you have to be VERY motivated at G to succeed

G Adventures2018-05-29

May 30, 2018Coordinator, Global Talent

Thank you for your comment. We're happy to see that you been with G for a few years and have had a positive experience!

6. "I’ve found a unicorn; G Adventures"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Melbourne

I have been working at G Adventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was looking for an industry I love, and a company that invests in its people, and a role that could help me change the world. I thought it wasn’t possible; then I found G adventures. They give so many opportunities to learn and develop my skills. They live by their values, which align to my own personal values. Everyday, I love what I do. I love the people I work with. I love what the company stands for.

Cons

We have so many ideas and the opportunity to do them, it’s hard to pick which ones to do first.

Advice to Management

Thank you for supporting and believing in the future leaders of our company.

G Adventures2018-05-22

May 29, 2018Talent Partner, North America

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We're so pleased to hear that G has provided you with exactly what you've been looking for!

7. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at G Adventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A cultural engaged company that gives back to the local communities it travels to! You get to work with like minded, engaged people that love coming to working everyday. If you work hard and do you part this company will reward you and give you opportunities. I feel so proud to have a level of autonomy and freedom of expression in my role but to also be surrounded by some incredible supporting mentors.

Cons

Travel is not a high paid job but that's known industry wide and what G Adventures do in lieu of this with other opportunities is incredible. Working for a company with great people, the fact you love what you do and are working towards something greater is really hard to come buy. It's not for everyone but if you're happy to make compromises to work for an incredible company then its's worth it. A lot of people join...

G Adventures2018-05-14

May 29, 2018Talent Partner, North America

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We glad to hear that it's been a positive experience for you!

8. "Marketing and Communications"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at G Adventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. It's a fantastic opportunity, working across a global team with a product that is having a positive social impact, and one you can genuinely feel good about. There are opportunities to work around the world, and plenty of benefits.

Cons

A global team means working around global time differences, so you have to sometimes be flexible with working hours. Management is understanding and does allow for flexibility though.

G Adventures2018-05-02

May 29, 2018Talent Partner, North America

Thanks for taking the time to comment and for the positive feedback!

9. "Great Culture"

I have been working at G Adventures full-time

Pros

Great Culture and Fun atmosphere

Cons

None as yet. Hopefully none.

G Adventures2017-08-07

"A viscous, self-promoting cult"

Former Employee - Chief Experience Officer (Tour Leader)

I worked at G Adventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Travel benefits - Meet awesome people from across the globe

Cons

- Average attrition rate for guides is around 8 months - Very low pay - Toxic culture (a cult that is detached from reality) - Viscous self-promotion on 'Salesforce' is forced on employees by management - Inadequate support available when things go wrong on the road - No real opportunities for advancement - No work/life balance. Management try to control all aspects of your personal and professional life - Management...

Advice to Management

Good luck in the real world!

G Adventures2017-08-15

May 29, 2018Talent Partner, North America

We are disappointed to hear that your experience as a guide was negative, and your comments and feedback are appreciated. We welcome all feedback to help us improve.

Found 164 reviews