Getty Images Reviews

Updated 7 Jun 2021

4.1
Getty Images CEO Craig Peters
Craig Peters
Pros
  • "Fantastic work/life balance-- leadership really encourages taking time off to reset when you need it(in 61 reviews)

• "The entire agency is comprised of a tight-knit group of great people(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was no knowledge of who upper management was(in 17 reviews)

• "I’m assuming but it makes sense because senior management tells half truths and is anything but transparent(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Strong culture, great opportunities for learning and growth if you take them

10 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, smart, and kind coworkers. Very strong product with an empowering mission that employees can really get behind. Most managers are invested in your growth. Fantastic work/life balance-- leadership really encourages taking time off to reset when you need it. Great benefits. The company proved strong even amidst a pandemic, and is poised to continue to dominate the industry when the world is back to "normal".

Cons

Projects require a lot of cross-functional stakeholder approvals and can take a long time to execute.

Getty Images Response

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review - thank you! We love our team too, and continually strive to continue to nurture a healthy work culture. Your feedback helps us to understand where we are succeeding and where we need to focus to improve.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company good benefits

24 Mar 2021 - Sales in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly feel that you’re valued as an employee and rewarded if you hit targets

Cons

Can be stressful in sales and very busy constantly

Getty Images Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We are so glad that have felt truly valued as an employee and thank you for having been part of our team that makes our culture strong. Thanks also, for the feedback, as we continually evolve the elements of our development programs, to support employees in their professional and career goals. If you haven't had a chance yet, please check out our learning and development programs in The Lab, which can be found in Mixer (just as your HR business partner or manager if you'd like a virtual tour!). Thanks for all your contributions in your time at Getty Images and please keep providing feedback

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

na

7 Jun 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was really great I think

Cons

I can't think of anything negative.

HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for sharing this review around your experience at Getty Images! It is wonderful to hear that you have had a positive experience working for the organization. Thank you again.

4. 4.0

Great workplace, no growth

9 Jun 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, fantastic people, perks

Cons

it's an old company with secrets

Getty Images Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback! We love our team members, too, and are glad that was a positive part of your experience with Getty Images. We take your feedback seriously and are always looking for ways to be flexible to our team members’ needs, balancing team goals with what’s possible in terms of flexibility.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great office view

24 Aug 2019 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and office culture.

Cons

Small office, limited opportunities for growth.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Executive

23 Apr 2019 - Sales Executive in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, life balance, good colleagues

Cons

Career Opportunities are very limited as per the structure of the company

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager

10 Jan 2018 - Account Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good product - Good office activities - Good international communication with other offices - Recognized Brand

Cons

- Middle & Upper Management say one thing but does another - huge micro management issue - Commissions and Targets change all the time which becomes demotivating- Claw Back on commissions - Base Pay is low (below industry standard) - KPI's change like the wind so its hard to understand the companies expectations - Little trust between Management and team - Some employee's have been there for decades so progression is almost non existent. - Management have been known to comment and make fun of their team members - Poor training

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Key Account Executice

9 Aug 2018 - Key Account Executive in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not afraid to adapt / make changes

Cons

As above - a huge amount of changes. VERY large workload as well - very lean organisation with high workload

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great people but no real leadership

30 Jul 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work at Getty Images are passionate and are absolutely great to work with. People really make this company what they are.

Cons

Management is very institutionalized, as a lot of them have been around for over 10 years. There is no investment in their employees, especially if you not in the EMEA or US offices. Favouritism was absolutely apparent, and it was breed from the top.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0

Director Sales

24 Oct 2016 - Director - Sales in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global Org Well Funded Huge Portfolio Good Compensation Opportunity to travel extensively

Cons

Extremely political, top heavy, dinosaurs management Unprofessional environ to work, sycophants thrive Extremely high employee churn Company is on the way south with obsolescence All top mangers are those that have been in company for 25 to 30 years

1 person found this review helpful