GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

GoDaddy CEO Scott Wagner
Scott Wagner

1,037 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Benefits for those that use them" (in 122 reviews)

• "Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts" (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stressful call center environment" (in 57 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't care about employees, anonymous surveys are ignored when asked "what could we do better" (in 32 reviews)

1. "Software Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies to work for.
    > Great career advancement opportunities.
    > Lots of benefits - such as bonuses, ESPP, travel opportunities to conferences you care about, holiday party, yearly increases and free health insurance for employees.
    > Pay equality based on skills and years of experience regardless of gender
    > Has a variety of programs that support fitness, charity works, gender equality, veterans, minorities and others.
    > Company culture is great - no judgements, you can just be yourself; teamwork comes naturally; if you need help, you can easily get it.
    > Unlimited time off.

Cons

When I started working for GD - it would take some time for me to receive an equipment I ordered but even that has gotten better.

2. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Administrative in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rewarding place to work at

Cons

Don’t have anything bad to say

3. "Great Values - Awesome Team - Fantastic Learning Environment + Development"

Former Employee - Assistant Accountant in Hayes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Assistant Accountant in Hayes, England (UK)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Godaddy is like a big family, since I joined I felt part of it. Helpful people everywhere since day 1.
    - Supported my development at all times.
    - Senior management door always open if you have any question or you need help on anything (even if they might incur in overtime to finish their own tasks).
    - Great atmosphere at work, flexibility around office hours, working from home if needed.
    - There is a pool table and computer games if you need a break, team activities almost every month and massages once a month (yes, massages!).

I would definitely recommend this company.

Cons

I would love to say any CON but I cannot. I have been working in finance over a year and I had to leave the company due to personal reasons but since I started my working life, is the best company I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the great atmosphere.

4. "CDT"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great potential income, food trucks subsidized by company

Cons

97% of clocked in time on the phone, no time to research before the call or wrap up after the call

Advice to Management

Train on speed and 1 call close, train new classes through O365 software so that they know the benefits of it

GoDaddy Response

16 Aug 2018 – Customer Care Operations Director

The goal of our Care organization is to provide a consistent customer experience and a big part of that is how quickly we answer the phone. We require our Care team members to be available for... More

5. "Associate"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, get people management experience early on, minimum travel

Cons

Long hours, frequently work nights and weekends

6. "Hosting Pros Only"

Current Employee - Hosting Sales in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Hosting Sales in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, Flexibility, Advancement, Coworkers, Customers, Projects, Many Departments to go to.

Cons

Sales requirements may be a large hurdle for the technically inclined. If you would rather walk every customer through every solution they call about you are missing the point. Get them the information they need in an email and get them the products they need, then move on. If you spend too much time with each customer you're not likely to make your sales quotas.

Advice to Management

Source Talent into appropriate roles to meet the needs of customers.

"Going down hill"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money

Cons

Changes are and have always been part of this culture, which I was fine with. Fast forward 5 years after employment after becoming public decisions are made with employees in the back burner now all decisions are made with share holders in mind.

8. "INHEBRAITES"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Hiawatha, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Hiawatha, IA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits (they cut you soon of), commissions (they continue to lower)

Cons

absolutely one of the most undefined, bigoted, manipulating, compulsively bittersweet, unrealistic companies to work for. they favor others on case by case situations to deviate from said policies to hopefully maintain consistency throughout. they provide sewage, they’re inconsistent, look for the next quick buck, try to keep head above ground while making employees take full advantage of what makes them a company, their CUSTOMERS. it doesn’t matter where you came from, the lack of background you may or may not have, they want money, and for you to have the intelligence they want to manipulate their system. good luck

Advice to Management

eat me.

"Was good no longer Modern or Relevant"

Current Employee - Customer Development Specialist in Hiawatha, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Development Specialist in Hiawatha, IA (US)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will probably find coworkers you like

Cons

Since day 1 at godaddy I have consistently performed as the top new sales on any team I have been on. Starting in March I had 30,000 in new sales and had an extremely large bonus. The next month my connect rate was 1.3% averaging about 250 calls a day meaning I barely talked to 20 people all month. I pointed this out and how the campaign I was on was all do not contact accounts meaning it was actually illegal for us to be calling them. On top of this midway through the month they called a department wide meeting where they gave the entire department 2 weeks notice to move from iowa to Az or take a 10% pay cut because we were doing to well, otherwise we would be choosing to resign from godaddy. When we switched departments they did not honor pre planned vacations that had been approved they told us they would but they ended up not being able to. On top of that they hired a company from India to do qa and I straight up get scores of zeros with notes of "language non understanding" and when you go to management about a clear mistake they tell you "eh one of 5 review calls a month doesn't matter" even though it does.

Advice to Management

Micro management is out most companies in our industry have gotten rid of middle management such as mieke, whipple, Christine, and molly. There positions cost you more then they benefit you.

"Not allowed to leave the phone"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company parties and prizes tax free!

Cons

Great idea of a culture but not allowed to experience it. Plenty of shiny toys like bikes and carts but never allowed off the phone long enough to use them. This company broke me.

Advice to Management

Promote more women that are not fitness models. Take work/life more serious with inbound sales.

Showing 1,037 of 1,066 reviews