GrabCAD Reviews

Updated 20 May 2020

3.8
  1. "Great people"

I have been working at GrabCAD full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super nice people and some of the smartest developers who I have worked with. Even tho company is part of big corp, it still has start-up vibes. Lot of high end 3d printers in office that are free to use when working there.

Cons

Can’t really point out any.

2. "Lots of opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at GrabCAD full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities to work with different technology stacks. There is definitely lots to learn here. Management does not have large egos.

Cons

Some parts of the has lots of tech debt due to software development process. Some talented folks have left. Sometimes hours can be long.

"Happy Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at GrabCAD full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant coworkers, great culture, cool office, flexible hours, & fun challenges. The Product, Design & Engineering teams are the best I've worked with in over 10 years of professional web/software development. Open access to cutting-edge industrial 3D printers in an amazing maker-space. Great opportunities for professional development in CAD, JS, TS, React, Node, Electron, three.js, GLSL, C#, .NET, Ruby, WiX . You can get close to the metal in your graphics-card... and then you get to hold the thing you imagined into existence.

Cons

Some super talented people have left recently. GrabCAD still feels like a startup, but it's owned by Stratasys, so there is also a more corporate culture in evidence. The parking lot is kinda crowded (spaces are too narrow). I think the AWS IoT doorbell might be broken.

Continue reading

"Unorganized"

1.0

I worked at GrabCAD full-time

Pros

When I first started it was fun and enjoyable but after being acquired things quickly changed. Feels like a side project for parent company.

Cons

Unorganized High turnover rate Little to no room for growth

5. "I love this place"

I have been working at GrabCAD full-time for more than a year

Pros

best team I've ever worked with. Everyone is dedicated to creating/marketing/selling an amazing product and taking care of customers. leadership sets a great example of what they expect from their employees.

Cons

can't think of anything worth mentioning

"No Work Life Balance"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at GrabCAD full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are straight out of school and don't want to get paid a lot to work your butt off, GrabCAD is the place for you. In the short time that I worked there I saw half a dozen people walked out the door with no chance to try to fix the problem.

Cons

No 401k. This is not a place for someone who wants a flexible schedule and time to things other than work. The CEO thinks he is God's gift to CAD - the kind of guy who would put his coffee cup in the sink and expect his "workers" to put it in the dishwasher for him.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews