HFRI Reviews

Updated 12 May 2020

3.6
HFRI President and Chief Executive Officer Jerry Connelly (no image)
Jerry Connelly
  1. "Horrible company that takes your soul"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Elgin, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HFRI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No pros that I can think of

Cons

No work life balance, expectations way to high from management, lack of training provided to do job effectively, MGMT always in meetings always unavailable

"My Team Rocks!"

Current Employee - Administrative Support Team Member in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Accommodating with schedules, good work/life balance

Cons

There is on occasion mandatory overtime and they are severely understaffed

"Keep Looking"

2.0
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time

Pros

The workday goes by fast The trainers are the best

Cons

Extremely micromanages, you will feel like you're in high school Cares more about quantity of work over quality After training, once you're on the floor there is no support from management as they're always in meetings or somewhere else If a manager doesn't like you they will push you out the outdoor and make you feel unwelcome Don't think you can tell someone about it because management has been together for years and won't believe you over a friend Constant gossiping or talking bad about each other If you're a great worker they won't promote you because they can't keep anyone and will want you to stay where you're at to pick up the slack The compensation is not competitive to what you could make doing the same job at a medical facility The possibility of raises are slim to none. Some of the employees have worked there for years and make either the same or near the same amount as when they started. Which again is still below average for what this position should be compensated.

4. "yay"

Former Employee - Claims Representative

I worked at HFRI full-time

Pros

The work was steady and efficient

Cons

missed the old owners and managers

Continue reading

"Been a couple years hopefully better now."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Elgin, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HFRI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training I received when I started wasn't the greatest but it did lay a foundation for what the job entailed. Shadowing was a huge benefit as well, they definitely hand hold just the right amount when starting.

Cons

When I worked there from 2014-2017 there was a takeover of HFRI from the previous president and CEO. Things were rather shakey and the office was moved from Schaumburg to Elgin. The change was abrupt and many people left or were laid off for several other reasons. Work performance was gauged on a weekly basis and the "dessert on a stick" feeling was quite annoying. Some units were definitely better than others and middle management loved to talk amongst themselves and gossip like it was high school.

Continue reading
  6. "Not worth the time and stress"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time for less than a year

Pros

None would not recommend to work

Cons

Bad management no understanding of medical billing follow up.

"Claims"

I have been working at HFRI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall a great company SR. Management are awesome specially CEO Jerry Connelly

Cons

Pay needs to be higher

8. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst

I have been working at HFRI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HFRI is great with training staff for medical billing. They have a very extensive training program to go from A-Z. There are a lot of clients and HFRI is always adding new clients so there are more opportunities to move up in the company than other places. Everyone is usually very friendly and helpful. Benefits are decent and they try to absorb most of the rising cost of insurance for the employee at least. The new building is beautiful and will fit the growing company for a long time. Also they are in an optimal place right off he expressway so it is easy to get to from a lot of places.

Cons

It is frustrating to see all the time and effort put into some people and then they leave for various reasons. They need a better way of retaining people sometimes. Also when they fire/let go of employees, sometimes it was done over the phone on a weekend or sometimes a group of people are pulled into a room and all are let go. I think there needs to be a better way to improve that because it puts a damper on morale because everyone sees/hears about this in a wrong way. It would be nice, with the company growing, that the company absorbs more of the family insurance cost, to help out families, because insurance costs are outrageous these days.

"Great Place to Learn"

5.0

I have been working at HFRI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hands-on Training available to learn & grow in the medical insurance/billing field. Friendly environment with employees happy to assist with any questions/issues. Upper Management who is willing to teach/help with any new programs/projects.

Cons

Fast paced environment with Production Goals that may or may not be for everyone

"Awesome people awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Elgin, IL

I worked at HFRI full-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisor Rachele and coworkers were the best. The company recognizes and rewards hard work. They really work with you to help you become more productive.

Cons

It is fast paced and have to be able to multi-task. Too far from home

Found 44 reviews