HealthMarkets Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.7
HealthMarkets CEO Kenneth J. (Ken) Fasola
Kenneth J. (Ken) Fasola
Pros
Cons
  • "No compensation for enrolling clients in the Health Insurance Marketplace(in 16 reviews)

• "The existing Sales Leaders appoint Junior(in 11 reviews)

1. "BEST CAREER OF MY LIFE!!!"

Current Employee - Agent in Yukon, OK

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being your own boss! As with any self-employed position, business can come in waves, you just have to keep pushing yourself. Once the momentum gets going there is a ton people to help and money to be earned. There is truly no cap to how much you can earn with HealthMarkets. The sky's the limit. Get past the learning curve. Learn from your mistakes. Maintain a positive attitude. And maintain a spirit of putting the clients...

Cons

Being your own boss! You need to be self motivated to succeed in life, and that's especially true when there's no time-clock to punch into or boss wondering where you're at. This career takes a lot of focus, dedication and a strong work-ethic which is actually a good thing. Otherwise, everyone would be doing it! It's totally worth all the effort though, I promise you that!

HealthMarkets2019-04-22
  2. "Remarkable company to work for! Really cares for and treats their agents well."

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent and Sales Leader in Springfield, MO

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Unlimited income potential - Be your own boss...you create your schedule - Ability to help general public with things they don't really understand - Culture of sharing ideas and best practices among the field - Product portfolio second to none

Cons

- Must be disciplined enough and self-motivated to hold yourself accountable. Being your own boss is great but some people cannot make themselves do the necessary tasks needed to be successful - Need to understand success may not happen overnight. Things are in place to pay and reward people right away but you need to have the ability to weather a few ups and downs....particularly in the first year

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing with our company. Your leadership and stewardship is second to none in the industry!

HealthMarkets2019-04-18
  3. "Health Markets IS the brokerage for success in the insurance industry!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Centennial, CO

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Health Markets provides great support, pay, bonus opportunities, rewards/trips and growth. This IS the brokerage for success in the insurance industry.

Cons

If you are not dedicated to your career you will not be successful here or at all in this industry.

HealthMarkets2019-04-17
  4. "HealthMarkets knocks it out of the park with bi-annual celebration trip"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Portland, ME

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training, Support, and Affirmation from HealthMarkets is unlike other sales agencies in America today.

Cons

You must be self motivated and have the ability to work on your own daily

Advice to Management

We need more agents and help with recruiting

HealthMarkets2019-04-17
  5. "Best Company Ever!!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Springfield, MO

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Healthmarkets gives their agents the best shot at success from any other brokerage I have been a part of! The system utilized and the ongoing education provided really gives the agents the best possible chance to be successful. Building a book of business takes a while when you start from nothing, however I have always felt supported and that is a very powerful feeling.

Cons

The only con I can think about would be; if you're not self motivated and a driven person that can work independently this may not be a good fit. Healthmarkets is not going to tell you to meet a quota or sell a certain amount of product. This opportunity is made for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset.

HealthMarkets2019-04-17
  6. "Welcome to HealthMarkets"

Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

HealthMarkets is a place where you are the boss of your own time and income. Where everyone is driven to succeed to reach their goals. Where the only income limits are the ones you impose on yourself. Where the agent is King!

Cons

Must be self motivated, have good time management and have the drive and desire to want to help others. No guaranteed income, just a guarantee that you will have an income if you put forth the effort to learn and earn.

Advice to Management

Stay on the positive path to learning and helping others who seek a career at HealthMarkets. Help their agents to overcome their weaknesses and empower them to help others by building a strong knowledge base of products and services.

HealthMarkets2019-04-17
  7. "Why didn't I start my career with HealthMarkets sooner?"

Current Employee - Agent in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Working for myself not by myself. After the corporation I worked in for 22 years declared bankruptcy, I decided to work for myself. My first action was to find health coverage and that lead to my next career. There are a lot of self-employed options, there is only one self-employed option people buy whether the economy is good or bad, health insurance. There is only one self-employed option that everyone agrees that...

Cons

The national advertising, non-cost leads, hundreds of coverage options, state of the art technology, marketing dollars provided and industry leading training make it very hard for any other agent organization to compete with us.

Advice to Management

Thank you for recognizing your agents are the most important asset and rewarding us with the highest level of technology and a suite of all major coverage options so we can be efficient and objective for our life-long customers. The reward trips continue to be a tangible thank you.

"Meh"

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is decent and that's about it

Cons

Management is mediocre, time off is not very lucrative and no empathy for your outside appointments.

HealthMarkets2019-04-15

"Great Products but hard job."

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HealthMarkets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of your co-workers would give you excellent advice and tips on how to get better.

Cons

They never told you much about your commissions. I never got paid for some of the policies I sold. I always broke even and never made enough money. If you are being paid on commission you have to pay for your gas and any advertising to promote your business. It was costly. There were charge backs when clients dropped the policy and I ended up owing the company.

Advice to Management

Managers did not go out with the trainees enough to sales appointments. Management created lots of pressure to sell.

HealthMarkets2019-03-19

"HealthMarkets - Rocks!"

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Recent purchase of company by UnitedHealthCare Group will take this company even higher especially with all the carriers we offer to our clients - Matching Marketing Dollars - Marketing bonus programs - Professional marketing materials available to every agent with a simple point and click tool - Lead program - live transfers - pre-set Appointments - State of the art quoting and CRM tool - Competitive Commisions...

Cons

You have to be willing to grow as a person and adapt to change while protecting clients

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in the brightest and best agents in the industry.

HealthMarkets2019-02-28