IXL Learning Reviews

Found 254 of over 269 reviews

3.3
IXL Learning CEO Paul Mishkin
Paul Mishkin
Pros
  • "Great benefits (unlimited PTO, health / dental / vision, stock options)(in 25 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance is pretty good(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management/HR do not care for the employees(in 21 reviews)

• "No free lunch might be the only one(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

IXL in NC is a great place to work

Feb 9, 2021 - Software Engineer in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance. Management is very understanding and helpful. Didn't force people to go in to the office during covid.

Cons

If there are any cons, it can sometimes be frustrating to work in the older parts of the code base. The majority of the work isn't in those old spaces, but there are occasionally fixes that need to be applied there.

2. 5.0

Amazing onboarding experience!

Jul 6, 2021 - Educational Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding at IXL is fantastic. At first, I thought it was very long and a great deal of information all at once, but as I actually was able to put my training to use I quickly realized I have used almost 100% of everything I was exposed to. I felt ready to answer customer questions right away. I also felt that I knew who and where to ask questions if I needed help. This onboarding has been a huge factor in my success with IXL. They also provide quarterly training for us to keep us up to date with all of our many product upgrades.

Cons

Be prepared to study and take good notes. IXL onboarding is a lot of great information and you will want to be organized, ready to work in teams, and present to a large number of people.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good work life balance

Jun 24, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - friendly and kind coworkers - working at an edtech company - a lot of female leadership

Cons

- people from other teams fired fairly often and it wasn't communicated well (kinda demoralized company culture) - this happened on an individual basis and also on a large scale for big changes and after they've acquired companies - CEO cares more about making money than a fully inclusive curriculum - relatively low salary for the field

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Could be better for the old timers like me

Jun 13, 2021 - Head of EveryThing in China Grove, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Minuscule raises when their hands are forced. People at the bottom that Paul and Jennifer take advantage of are nice young lads and ladies. The companies they keep acquiring have interesting technology, according to my daughter. Love the 90s style logo they are keeping, it reminds me of my first job at Microsoft!

Cons

As a 43 year old man, all I wanted was a place where my employers would care about me. I guess this "Boomer" is not cool enough for silicon valley. Anyone not in california was treated like second class citizens. the people at the top seem like they are divorced and trust no one and it trickles down to every single employee. I thought I'd be fired at a moments notice like they did with my boss. Glad to have gotten out to a reputable company like IBM !

7 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall good place to work

Jul 7, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, great product, room for growth

Cons

Upper management a bit out of touch

IXL Learning Response

VP HR

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully you had an opportunity to provide feedback during your exit interview. We look at those closely and monitor trends in order to improve the overall employee experience.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly, relaxed place to work

Jun 3, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Solid pay and benefits - Friendly, kind culture with minimal pressure - Coworkers and management are committed to the mission of making education better for everyone involved - Engineering teams are very receptive to new ideas and techniques

Cons

- If you don't seek out opportunities for growth and chances to learn, you may not have them given to you - Not a huge focus on career development

7. 3.0

Okay, but they underpay

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good sense of community. They really like to engage everyone in the activities. I've always liked my team members

Cons

For working in their HQ office in the Bay Area they like their employees to work in office and not from home but they don't pay that great. I'm not sure how they expect us to live in the Bay but not pay us a Bay Area living wage

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Run the other direction, quickly.

Jul 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None at the top of my head, unfortunately.

Cons

Leadership is horrible; there is zero communication and direction. Paul and Jen are cold individuals that don't care about the product or consumers; they only care about money at the end of the day. Mass acquisitions, mass layoffs. Read any of the negative reviews here and don't be fooled by the fake 5-star reviews clearly written by HR.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good people, product and service

Jun 6, 2021 - Senior UI Designer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible time off, can work remote, making product for millions of learners, good mix of creativity and tech, kind-smart-motivated-diverse work culture.

Cons

Not exclusive to IXL, we could do better at training- mentoring- growing people management skills.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!!!

May 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with smart, talented, and dedicated people who care about having a positive impact on education

Cons

It's only been a year and I haven't found any yet.

1 person found this review helpful