Kit and Ace Reviews

Updated 4 May 2020

3.2
Kit and Ace CEO   George Tsogas (no image)
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2(in 14 reviews)

• "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 13 reviews)

• "When the shop was in need of more workers, Shop Director would go to the neighbouring Lululemon with cupcakes to try to "poach" the Educators there(in 9 reviews)

1. "Good while it lasted"

4.0

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

Was a great, innovative product. Worked with a fun team. Occasionally received free product. I also felt that everyone was there to really make a go of it with the exception of a couple bad eggs.

Cons

Being fired via Instagram.

2. "Billion dollar business"

1.0

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous staff discount on product and above parr hourly pay rate. Cool fit outs of shops and initially a very endearing business

Cons

-constant changes to processes -staff are expected to partake in so many cocurricular activities, often with no clear objectives. Ie events with no clear message. -broken promises in regards to career progression. -rapidly decreasing staff redundancy with no warning. Leaving many employees to feel that all their efforts in trying to create or work towards something were a waste of time, energy and passion and therefore redundant. Lacks integrity in regards to consistency and honouring promises.

"Sinking ship!"

in Sydney

I worked at Kit and Ace

Pros

The team I worked in was only 6 people, we were lucky as the entire team felt like family. Great discounts for full-time (60% off), flexible working hours and fun activations.

Cons

- Our Australian showroom was closed in one day after we found out on Instagram that morning! - This company preached so much about integrity and transparency and then has the decency to do this to their loyal staff - it blows my mind. - Has no direction with the product, target market, and locations. - Slowly implemented changes to become a clone of Lululemon. It was super obvious to staff and customers, it just wasn't working. - It's not surprising they went out of business in 3 countries, they amount of money they wasted on the most irrelevant things was crazy. The salaries were way too high for what staff were actually doing/responsible for, they implemented multiple shop-fit outs, replaced 60 stores worth of hangers and all the mannequins in the company. The old mannequins and hangers were thrown away! Most of the new hangers & mannequins stayed in the backroom in boxes because we didn't need them anyway. - Enforced programs like Landmark even if you had preexisting mental health conditions. - Created a cult-like culture and favouritised those that contributed.

4. "Terribly unprofessional"

Former Employee - Store Director in Brisbane

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brand and market, perks of meeting new people within the community. Team in showroom. That's about it, hard to think of anymore perks.

Cons

Poor management from HO. No real direction plan for company. Closed all showrooms in AUS, U.K. And America with zero notice to staff / all staff found out on social media with no apologies. Clothing is poor quality. Zero integrity from a company who preaches it. Zero accountability from HO. Financials needed prioritising well before store closures.

"A Let Down"

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great people to work with, good opportunity to learn new skills, a lot of great events.

Cons

The management team is very young with little experience which definitely had a negative effect on the rest of the team. After months of being told that there would be career progression and acting in the role I was meant to progress to the company restructured. Kit and Ace talks a big talk about how they are people focused but it is just not there. Very excited to be on board with this brand but was very much let down.

Continue reading
  6. "Great culture - lack of focus"

4.0
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clothing perks - Creative community - Forward Vision

Cons

Unstructured - built too fast

7. "working here is a juxtaposition. So many things that are really great, come with with a double edge."

Former Employee - Head Office Position in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is very strong. there are a lot of little perks like gym passes, and yoga, and daily in-office activities. There is a lot of time spent on meetings, and making sure everyone is in the know of everything happening all the time. Your voice is always heard, and generally people are pretty nice.

Cons

Landmark Forum is an essential part of this company, its culture, and all its ethics. It's mandatory (not optional as they want you to believe) and it is not something that many of us are prepared for. Almost all aspects of this company are in some way relative to Landmark. The company culture fails in so many ways because of this. there is a lack of trust in anyone who is not 100% living by the way they want you to at kitandace. many of the policies and jargon used are isolating, and not inviting.

Continue reading
  8. "It was ok... But I was laid off."

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great salary, fantastic discount, loved the autonomy of the role

Cons

train your managers better, clique-y

9. "Company still owes me 4K in expenses from 2016"

2.0

I worked at Kit and Ace

Pros

SOME of the clothes are worth the price

Cons

I haven’t been a part of the company since end of 2016 and I am still owed over 4K that I personally put on my credit card.

10. "Was difficult at the time but lots changing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative Fast moving Fun Energetic Blah blah blah

Cons

Lack of direction Shifting priorities

Found 149 reviews