Localsearch Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Localsearch Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2019

Found 35 reviews

4.2
Localsearch CEO Catherine McGarry (no image)
Catherine McGarry
  1. "Love the Family"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love a company that wants to grow and evolve for the right reasons. Who trust in their good stuff to get the job done but can also have fun too. I am someone who loves change and learning new things - so this fast paced environment is exciting - as soon as I walked in the door I felt home. I have learnt more in my role in 12 months then I did in 10 years in my last role.

Cons

I don’t sleep well as I am always thinking about what we can do next.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we’re doing and stop and celebrate the wins when we can.

Localsearch2019-09-13

"There's nothing fake about Localsearch!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Team Member in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Localsearch less than a year ago - and let me tell you - all of these positive reviews are true! It's a great place to work. I came from an unrelated industry with no digital marketing experience (apart from the usual - Facebook, Instagram accounts etc) I was hired, because I love people, I love helping people and LS want people who want to help our customers navigate the complex world of digital. I am so... grateful that LS didn't see my lack of digital knowledge as a disadvantage. Why? Because they have a room full of experts who teach me every day! I brought my personality, my thirst for learning and my customer focus. And as they say, the rest is history :) Culture? Well, culture is everyone's responsibility. I don't hold Localsearch responsible for babysitting me through my career. I'm an adult and it's up to me, to decide whether I want to encourage a positive workplace or a toxic one. I choose positive. It's working out great, so far :)

Cons

Some of the downsides of working at Localsearch? Every company who is developing and growing will experience pain. Sometimes we run too fast, sometimes not fast enough. Sometimes, we expect more than we should. I'd say it's pretty normal and while you can sometimes feel like a deer in the headlights, it's refreshing and reassuring to know that the main attitude is "Let's work together to get on the same page" I've... heard first-hand when executives have put their hands up and said "We made an error there, let's fix it and learn from it" I've never felt like my contribution doesn't matter in some way. I've never felt like I didn't matter. The mistakes are part of the journey and everyone works together to do better next time.

Advice to Management

Negative feedback means we are succeeding because it's so rare, that toxic people have no other outlet than online forums to hide behind instead of growing a pair and having a conversation, which I know each and every Lead, Manager and Executive would be happy to have an explore improvements. The 80/20 rule is more like 95/5 at Localsearch, that's something to celebrate!

Localsearch2019-09-19
  3. "Amazing Place To Be"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Besides from the gorgeous rooftop with built-in kitchen, tables, benchtops, Fresh fruit and bread every Tuesday, drinks cart every Friday afternoon and beautifully calming and focus-driven atmosphere, Localsearch is an amazing place to work. Everyone is always welcomed into the family with open arms and support each other. Many people have made life-long friendships, learnt their true passions and gained tonnes... of experience. As someone who came into Localsearch as a 19yr old girl that was rarely given the chance, Localsearch welcomed me in and gave me the chance to prove myself and show that I knew my stuff. After being here for a year, I know this is where I want to be! Localsearch is an amazing place to work. With fundraisers for charity, pyjama days, constant ability to improve on our knowledge and their staff and clients' best interests' at heart, Localsearch is THE place to work.

Cons

Cons? Umm besides the fact that the vending machine on the ground floor and I have become quite close (Sorry wallet), I'd have to say that there is nothing worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Give yourselves a pat on the back- anyone who speaks negatively of working at Localsearch doesn't seem to know how well we have it here

Localsearch2019-07-31

"Great opportunity for your career growth!!!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working culture is absolutely amazing, great scope in building your career, like-minded teammates, encouraging managers and really provides you the space to grow towards your career goals. I am really satisfied with the facilities, the motivation and recognition which I enjoyed while working at LS. You feel like you are in a family with fun-loving people.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning at this point

Advice to Management

Really cool people I have ever worked with, keep up the good vibes.

Localsearch2019-07-07
  5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than a year

Pros

New challenges and bosses that listen to the workers and their ideas, Australian owned and ready to make the hard decisions for the future of the company and their employees

Cons

Keeping up with all the changes... but keeps you on your toes

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do well

Localsearch2019-06-26

"A Great Company With A Solid Future And Awesome People"

Current Employee - Web Development Manager in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time

Pros

Having been at Localsearch for over 5 years, I have witnessed this company go from strength to strength. It has done so on the back of the people that work here, from the most junior role to the most senior. The first “pro” I can think of has to be the people. It is the friendships and being part of the team that makes it so easy to get up and come to work every day. With great people comes great culture. It is a... positive, happy, diverse place to work. But like most things in life, you get out of it what you put in!!! From the bake offs to the fundraising for charity, to the Friday afternoon get-togethers you will feel at home here. Good people and culture will only go so far, you also need purpose, something to achieve and contribute to… being part of LS will give you that. With clear direction from the top down, you will not be left to wonder where we are headed as a company. The plan and direction are clearly communicated especially as we solidify our foothold on the digital space. Having good direction and clear communication starts with having a competent, confident and qualified management team. Praising management is often seen as a suck up on these reviews and forums, but sometimes you have to call it as it is! What has impressed me most about the management team is their constant willingness to improve, taking on feedback from staff, clients and the market as a whole.

Cons

To succeed at Localsearch it requires you to be proactive, hardworking and have a willingness to keep learning as you grow in your career. History has shown, those who have a nine-to-five mentality and are not willing to do any more than they absolutely have to, tend not to flourish in this environment.

Advice to Management

I think you have found a formula that is really paying dividends; keep doing what you are doing. Continue your growth and development into the digital sphere and keep hiring the staff that will lift the company up to the levels of greatness I know we are capable of achieving.

Localsearch2019-06-15
  7. "Great Culture. Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun with a family feel. Everyone works together to do their best. This company is willing to adapt to move with changing and emerging markets. Over the last few years they have taken on the digital marketing services space and are determined to be the best. The staff are talented and there is a wealth of knowledge surrounding you ready to be absorbed by those who ask for it. If you are looking for a company that is... passionate about digital products and marketing combined with giving customers great customer service then you should come and join us. I have been impressed not only by the skilks around me but also by management and their support.

Cons

Too close to Robina Town Shopping Centre. Its too tempting

Localsearch2019-06-15
  8. "Dynamic Company focussed on delivering an outstanding Customer Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great high-paced environment with an awesome fun team. Opportunities abound for those that like to apply and push themselves above the status quo.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Localsearch2019-05-23