Modular Mining Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 3 Aug 2019

Found 64 reviews

3.9
Jorge Mascena
Pros
  • "Work-life balance, supportive environment, professional but fun company culture, amazing D&I(in 8 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, there are many really good challenges(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of cooperation between product development and support teams(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "First company I work for after graduation"

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time

Pros

Experience with different mine sites. Eligibility for half of Long Service Leaves after 5 years. Travel opportunities.

Cons

Opportunities to skill development for female employees are less.

Modular Mining Systems2017-09-07
  2. "Not a bad place, just very disappointed at certain levels"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* You can pretend you work, and you still gonna get paid. * The new CEO is awesome! * Cool open space to work * Work remote options is quite nice * Nice benefits

Cons

* You guys gotta be careful with HR people. They openly gossip about people's issues, which does not generate a good perception of upper management. How would you feel about seeing and upper level HR talking bad stuff about his former CEO? Not good at all right? * There are no real career path for employees, and again, more than local management is an HR issue that hopefully someone can handle or replace the people...

Advice to Management

Careful with your words and to who you open up, because people that I mentioned on the Cons section can use it agains you. No matter if you are an engineer, manager or the ceo, 'cause they will gossip about you anyway.

Modular Mining Systems2019-06-27
  3. "Technology Leader in Global Mining"

Current Employee - Director, Global Human Resources in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, good work culture/environment, freedom to act, flexible work schedules (including 9x80), many positions get to work on international work or travel to other countries, competitive pay and good benefits, and small workout area. The new CEO has a clear and passionate vision for the future.

Cons

Some work areas need renovation (planned), at times try to tackle too many things - need to focus on few most critical, and the plagued like most companies with emails and meetings.

Modular Mining Systems2019-06-10
  4. "Positive changes!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Modular has always been a great company, but I'm very excited to see the direction the company is headed with the newly appointed CEO. There seems to now be a strong focus on company cultural and leadership development.

Cons

Depending on your role, you may have a lot of growth opportunity, but others have very little. There is still an immaturity in management that badly needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing so much on technical skills, and hire for attitude, potential and ability to lead a team.

Modular Mining Systems2019-05-30

"Good company with great working environment"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work-life balance 9/80 work schedule Fair and knowledgeable supervisors and managers Friendly helpful coworkers always willing to assist and educate

Cons

Lack of training. You have to learn from you coworkers or on your own, as no good formal training is available. Moving departments or jobs is more difficult than advertised. Lack of cooperation between product development and support teams. Promotion is rare unless the person directly above you leaves the company. It is also usually given based purely on seniority or politics.

Advice to Management

Award skill and achievement rather than years in the company.

Modular Mining Systems2019-04-26

May 30, 2019Lead Recruiter

Thanks so much for your positive review. We love hearing your feedback! If there are comments or concerns you'd like to discuss further, please remember that the HR group is here to be a resource for you. We'd love to help in any way we can!

6. "Market leader company with many challenging projects."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

No layoffs. 9/80 schedule. International travels. Multicultural environment.

Cons

Can't really think on anything.

Modular Mining Systems2019-03-23
  7. "Not a bad place to work"

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment, interesting product

Cons

Not the best benefits, could be better.

Modular Mining Systems2019-03-28

May 30, 2019Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear the work environment is comfortable for you and you find the work interesting. If you'd like to provide HR with specifics about what we can improve, please don't hesitate to come chat with us.

8. "No word after interview"

I worked at Modular Mining Systems

Pros

I don't know because was never given a chance.

Cons

HR does not reply to emails.

Advice to Management

So after promising to get back to me in 2 weeks time I am still waiting for feedback, positive or negative. Just leaving me hanging leaves a bitter taste in the mouth which puts me off ever wanting to work here.

Modular Mining Systems2019-04-16
  9. "Paving my career path!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Modular Mining Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cons

I can't think of any...

Advice to Management

Continue embracing Kaizen. Innovation is our backbone and our management reflects that through inclusivity, sharing ideas, cross department functionality, and the CIA triad.

Modular Mining Systems2019-02-28

March 13, 2019Lead Recruiter

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We're so happy to hear things are going well for you here at MMSI.

10. "Applications Engineer"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Johannesburg
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Modular Mining Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Compensation. Travel Bonuses. Free lunch on Fridays. Flexi hours

Cons

Extensive travel due to high work load Travel to undesirable places

Modular Mining Systems2018-11-14