New Relic Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 343 reviews

4.6
New Relic CEO Lew Cirne
Lew Cirne
Pros
  • "There is continued efforts to make employees happy with a great work life balance(in 42 reviews)

• "Great product and great culture that starts at the top(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains of many high growth companies(in 34 reviews)

• "Those amazing New Relic ads you saw on billboards across San Francisco and the web(in 9 reviews)

1. "Fantastic, supportive company"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Brisbane

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

New Relic has a fantastic company culture, driven from the top by the CEO and founder. As a relatively new employee, I've been really impressed by the amount of onboarding and training offered, both online and in person. Pay and benefits are top notch. Literally everyone I've met at New Relic has been welcoming and friendly. The evolution of the product set is back on track, and customers and staff are all excited.... I have lots of autonomy in my role but enough support from the team to enable me to do a great job. It's a great time to be at New Relic!

Cons

Everyone in these reviews mentions growing pains, and I'd have to agree. Depending on your reporting line it can be difficult to get timely responses from management, because they may be managing way more staff than they should be. (This problem is being solved through hiring, but that takes time.)

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on customers, the product and keeping the fantastic company culture alive and well and we can't lose!

New Relic2019-10-14

"Strong leadership, great culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership, working alongside a lot of smart people, a lot of opportunity to learn, people are generally helpful. Product is great which is an important consideration for marketing. Growing quickly. Standard flexibility and perks that come with tech companies as well

Cons

A widespread company means all the normal challenges that come with trying to coordinate strategies between regions - trying to enable staff without too much bureaucracy

New Relic2019-07-29

"Great company - lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Anon in Sydney

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture- great people to work with, product and leadership. Flexibility work/life balance

Cons

None that I know of yet

New Relic2019-05-27

"Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Sydney

I worked at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the culture here, fun, energetic, inclusive, strong work-life balance culture.

Cons

can't think of any yet

New Relic2019-06-06

"Awesome Company. Awesome Leadership"

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

Great product and great culture that starts at the top. Competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

Mobile phone cap has meant out of pocket expense when travelling.

New Relic2019-03-04

"#14 Best Place to Work in the World for a Reason"

I have been working at New Relic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having been here for over a year now, I finally feel "ready" to provide a review. Some of the smartest people I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Things being completed or coded every day that was not possible the day before. Culture and people are top notch - everyone is happy to be here and it shows with the "love your Mondays" mantra. Your work here impacts many different industries and... companies from the largest enterprises to the smallest startup. There is never a dull day. Management is very caring and always open for feedback and this is reflected in the company direction. The market also agrees as our stock price has more than doubling since I joined (just over a year ago). Benefits include regular enablement in exotic locations (offsites), full top level health insurance, "wellbeing" payments, ESPP and flexible working arrangements. On top of this, you've got a fully stocked snacks (chips, nuts, noodles, cheese & crackers etc.) + drinks (soft and alcoholic) kitchen as well as regular catering for various events.

Cons

With all of the Pros above, there is an expectation to perform as this is without a doubt a high speed organisation. Work-Life balance depends on the team that you're working in but the managers will always try to accomodate your needs. That being said, not everyone is cut out for the breakneck pace of progress but those that are will thrive and excel in this environment. There is always ample support and... training, but the rest is up to you.

Advice to Management

Listen to the market, the customers and of course your front-line sales/technical staff. Our market leading position means we need to continue to iterate and improve. We can't be complacent in this industry as things are moving so quickly. Solidify our dominant position through a pursuit of excellence.

New Relic2019-02-05
  7. "Love it!"

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

Very well organised, great culture, achievable targets, lots of laughs

Cons

Office is getting full - they're extending though

New Relic2018-09-24
  8. "Great company and onboarding"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Sydney

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding solution, great culture and office environment, excellent on-boarding and welcome.

Cons

None that I am aware of as yet.

New Relic2018-09-18

"Snr. Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I have found thus is that New Relic although a growing SaaS business like others, relies of the technical people as well as its money makers (Sales/Marketing) working as a rue team. This is unlike some other orgs that segregate the Sales and Non-Sales teams and generally give preference to the sales teams' existence and efforts. They seem to have their processes and procedures down pat which makes a new... hires easy to onboard although the training is long and intense - because of the type of technology it is. So far a good, fun office environment with generally young, responsible, professional, hardworking people. Extremely open plan office space with table tennis, nibbles, drinks etc. if that rings your bell. In short a positive experience thus far.

Cons

Nothing that stands out at this early stage of my engagement.

New Relic2018-08-15

"First three months with NR"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Sydney

I have been working at New Relic full-time for less than a year

Pros

150% Technology leader and cloud driven, NR has allowed me to shift personally and professionally from the typical "old Fashion" rigid corporate environment to a fast paced, dynamic, casual and fun environment to work at.

Cons

Solutions are technical which requires to learn about products and practice around how to position them, followed by providing support to customers on how to enable the SW in their own environments as part of proving value.

Advice to Management

In depth training around Product Functionalities and Pricing models

New Relic2018-07-02