Novotech Reviews

Updated 16 Jul 2020

4.5
Novotech CEO  John Moller (no image)
John Moller
Pros
Cons
  • "Its a fast paced growing company(in 5 reviews)

• "No Cons but there is always room for improvement(in 5 reviews)

"Confortable"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I have been working at Novotech full-time

Pros

Best onboarding experience I've ever had. Managers are lovely, open, supportive and listen to your concerns and needs. Company offers lots of perks and demonstrates their support to employees.

Cons

Be ready to expect work early on as you would expect from a busy CRO!

May 13, 2020HR Director

We place a high emphasis on training and development. Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

"Perhaps the best CRO to work for in Australia!"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Sydney

I have been working at Novotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a CRA, you don't feel like just another number. There is a sense of camaraderie that you may not get in larger CROs. The flat organisational structure makes the company very transparent, and the CEO is all about open communication. The office in Sydney is pleasant and is in a beautiful location at Pyrmont just a short walk away from Darling Harbour. The range of clients, including smaller Biotech companies, gives CRAs the opportunity to have client interactions that would not otherwise be possible in larger CROs who mostly cater for larger pharmaceutical companies. Unlike larger CROs that have a dedicated Start-Up Team, Novotech CRAs are responsible for a site from beginning to end. This prevents details from being lost in translation during handovers, and provides CRAs with the opportunity to gain experience in study start-up and site activation. Consequently, CRA work also tends to be more varied and interesting. Although CRAs tend to feel overworked in any CRO, due to the nature of the role, management at Novotech really makes an effort to strike a good work/life balance.

Cons

None really come to mind. There are no cons specific to Novotech that wouldn't also apply to other CROs in general.

Continue reading

"Wonderful place to work, very supportive environment."

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Brisbane

I have been working at Novotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Novotech is full of enthusiastic people who want to do a great job of what they do. This creates an energetic environment where people want to help other succeed. Colleagues are very supportive and helpful, and management are very attentive to individuals needs and aspirations. The general culture is one of open, transparent and honest engagement. Novotech really does put their employees first, so that they can deliver great service to their clients. Within the company, there are many opportunities for growth (which is very much encouraged), both in your current role, and also for training to move into new roles to expand your skill-set. Requisites for promotions are clear and achievable. Staff achievements are acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

The nature of the work means that you need to be adaptable and able to handle stress/competing deadlines. Whilst I don't consider this to be a con, it is something to keep in mind based on personality-type.

"Friendly environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - CTA, CRA Trainee in Melbourne

I worked at Novotech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, nice people and teams

Cons

You need to drive your career progression, once they are aware of what you are after, there are progression pathways in place to action.

"Great support and flexibility"

Current Employee - User Experience Specialist in Sydney

I have been working at Novotech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great support from managers who care about you as a person and want to see you grow and be challenged but also supported - the managers I've had are one of the main reasons I've stayed so long. Novotech has been open to developing my career which is quite a unique role for the industry we're in. I've had lots of opportunities to work with a range of departments and colleagues, on varied short and long term projects as well as initiatives outside your regular job e.g. on employee consultation groups. It's busy, which I love. I have flexibility to work from home when needed, and work the hours that suit me so I can make the most of being an early bird, and avoid peak hour traffic. When in the office we have an activity based work space, so if I need to focus on something I can go to a quieter area to concentrate with no distractions. Management are open to feedback, changes and improvements. They've provided L&D opportunities for specialist roles such as mine, via external learning platforms, and encourage you to take the time to develop yourself. My office is very social and there's always something happening - puzzles on the whiteboard wall, board games, puzzles, social nights - even if you're a quiet person (like me!), you'll find something that suits your personality type!

Cons

If I was asked for cons 4 years ago I'd probably have a list. But the company has changed a lot and definitely for the better. Whenever someone asks me about my job/work I always say I love it, even on a bad day! The only thing I can think of is that it can be super busy which might not suit some people (for me, this is a 'pro'!)

"Great Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant in Sydney

I have been working at Novotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Novotech is a highly supportive company whom really values and appreciates the efforts of their staff. Management is highly approachable and ensures you are not overloaded and also listens to any feedback you have. Novotech also offers a wonderful Work/Life balance with numerous social events held throughout the year that you can participate in. You also have the flexibility to work from home when required. The industry itself is very fast-paced and dynamic which are two things I value.

Cons

No cons to flag however if you are looking for a role that is less dynamic then this is not for you

January 20, 2020HR Director

We do consider our team members individual circumstances and would love to see Novotech grow with you.Thank you for your positive feedback.

"Unique team culture"

Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Sydney

I have been working at Novotech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team culture is fantastic at Novotech - has not changed in the 5 years I have been with the company. Emphasis placed on career coaching and unlocking the talent from all individuals within the company. Progression is based on current development as opposed to a time frame. As an ever evolving industry the company is keeping up with technological advances and front line processes. Charismatic and approachable CEO who leads from the front.

Cons

Fast paced industry which will suit most who are adaptive.

Continue reading

"Was once a great company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Novotech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The staff, not management and certainly not director level.

Cons

Overworked, no benefits, directors who do not have the relevant knowledge for their roles, limited knowledge of workplace law

August 7, 2019HR Director

we thank you for your service and we wish you happiness in your new role.

"Great work culture, fast paced envronment"

I have been working at Novotech full-time

Pros

Novotech is in a high growth phase which comes with excellent career opportunities.

Cons

Fast paced which may not suit everyone.

May 13, 2019HR Director

We are highly interested in internal development. Thank you for your positive feedback.

"Excellent, ambitious and progressive company"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Sydney

I worked at Novotech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent infrastructure, systems and processes are well developed. Good entry level program and development opportunities. Great leadership team. Collegiate environment and flexibility. Strong customer service culture. Good rewards and benefits.

Cons

No major cons. It is a fast paced environment and that may not suit everyone.

February 26, 2019HR Director

Thank you for the positive comments. We greatly appreciate your long service.

Found 68 reviews