Novotech Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2021

Found 120 of over 127 reviews

4.1
Novotech CEO  John Moller (no image)
John Moller
Pros
  • "Provides good work-life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "Great working environment/atmosphere(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance opportunities can be improved(in 5 reviews)

• "Its a fast paced growing company(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Awesome company and culture

14 Mar 2021 - Marketing in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company I've worked for. Healthy mindset, good working conditions, approachable and smart Management.

Cons

None I can think of

Novotech Response

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Novotech. We hope you continue to enjoy the company culture here!

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A menial, manual job, with abusive management.

2 Jun 2021 - Principal Bio Statistician in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility of working at home, good salary.

Cons

My experience at Novotech was disastrous. Communication regarding job requirements was severely lacking, I was held accountable for not following rules which I had never been informed about and which I had no way of knowing about. Requirements governing my job changed at the whim of my supervisors without notice and without me being informed of those changes until I found myself in breach of them, at which point I was held responsible. Despite being new to the industry, I was left to flounder with minimal instructions and mentoring. The job description which I signed for bore very little resemblance to the job that I was actually doing. At my very first performance review I was told directly that I was not welcome in the company and should seek employment elsewhere. The level of statistics at Novotech is mediocre at best and there is very little desire to improve. On many occasions I have suggested improvements which have been dismissed by comments such as ‘that’s not the industry standard’ or ‘that is not the way we do things’. Inefficiency is rife, with the same time consuming manual processes being followed for every project. Most of these could be easily automated, but there is no desire to do so. In fact, attempts to improve efficiency are ignored or resisted. There is a total lack of training for statistical staff.

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review. This has been shared with management, but if you would like to share more specific feedback please get in touch.

3. 3.0

High pace, high intensity

16 May 2021 - Project Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Lots of opportunity in a growing company Diverse work

Cons

Fast growth means resourcing is an issue. High workload This role is much more diverse than other companies; PMs have alot of responsibilities. Systems are not ideal; teething issues due to fast growth and change of processes

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review. We are working hard to build our team to keep up with growth and we hope you continue to enjoy your time at Novotech.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A really great place to work!

18 Feb 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, friendly, professional and fair. With its rapid growth there has been some excellent opportunities for personal growth and expanding of my skill set. Novotech really is a world leader in its field of expertise and a benchmark for others in this industry. Flat company structure with senior management very approachable.

Cons

The rapid growth means some infrastructure needs to be updated to match the growth in numbers and that challenges that come with that. In saying this the team are always working on streamlining processes and implementing new systems.

3 people found this review helpful

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review. It is great you are enjoying working at Novotech. We are working hard to balance recruiting with fast growth!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work, has its pros and cons

8 Mar 2021 - Senior Clinical Data Associate in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the company supports employee growth. They encourage employees to set their career goals and provides them with the resources and connections to assist. In terms of day-to-day life, managers are understanding and flexible. Employees are given the flexibility to work around important life commitments. Employees are provided with the equipment required to perform their jobs.

Cons

The biggest con with Novotech is that they do not publish their payscale. Employees are also strongly discouraged to discuss salaries. There is no way for employees to ensure that they are being paid fairly according to the work they do.

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback.

6. 5.0

Great place to Work

18 Feb 2021 - Line Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing & Supportive Colleagues - Great opportunities to grow your career - Very supportive work environment for working parents with real flexibility - High level of transparency

Cons

It's a fast paced company which may not suit everyone

5 people found this review helpful

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy working with your colleagues.

7. 5.0

Great CEO and employee flexibility

4 Feb 2021 - Senior Clinical Data Associate in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent flexibility options for all employees Constantly improving on all fronts of the business. Investing in employees and their wellbeing Excellent quality and integrity of our work is emphasized

Cons

Due to the business expanding and gaining new work so quickly, it can be difficult to recruit new staff to keep up with the demand.

2 people found this review helpful

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review. It is great you are enjoying working at Novotech. Yes it is challenging to recruit to keep up with growth, but we are working hard on it!

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced means chronically overworked

11 Nov 2020 - Prefer Not to Say in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, flexible working policy, recent update to parental leave policy that finally brings them up to baseline industry standards

Cons

Inexperienced managers who will not acknowledge or more importantly ACT on the fact that you are doing ridiculous overtime. Will just constantly take on new work from clients and expect you to perform. Average or below average pay with well below average pay increases after you join. Manager told me to leave if I want a pay rise or promotion despite my formal performance review being above expectations. Running clinical trials in Asia where regulations and laws are far less restrictive on poor patients in the trials and profit margins are huge - morals and integrity anyone?

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A Great Place to Work

21 Feb 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Positive Culture -Dynamic Learning -Talented Colleagues -Fast Paced Environment -Great Team Spirit

Cons

Less social activities at the moment due to Covid

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy working at Novotech.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Endless possibilities

31 Mar 2021 - Senior CRA I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team, career progression opportunities

Cons

Paternity leave could be more

Novotech Response

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback. We are working hard to retain the personal touch in a time of rapid growth. Please get in touch if you would like to share any specific ideas with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews