Nutanix Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.8
Nutanix Founder and CEO Dheeraj Pandey
Dheeraj Pandey
Pros
  • "Much more an 'Ask for Forgiveness' than 'Request Permission' work culture (a core value is Bias For Action)(in 52 reviews)

• "Great base salary and Free food(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance and at times quantity is valued more than quality(in 39 reviews)

• "Fast growing company that is in transition to keep up with change(in 29 reviews)

1. "Great culture"

Current Employee - SRE in Sydney

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Great Culture and lot of help

Cons

* Not doing well in the market

2. "Company on the move"

4.0
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Business strategy is ahead of the curve in moving infrastructure to hybrid cloud model - Great technology Change of management for the better as sales cadance and structure is more clearly aligned Lots of autonomey and support if you are a good sales rep Low attrition other than non perfomers

Cons

Can be chaotic to get streamline process for sales deals

April 7, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are so happy that you have the autonomy and support you need to succeed at your role in Sales. It makes us smile to hear this 🙂 On your advice to management, we'd love to hear more context on how we can improve here. Please reach out to your manager to discuss this if you haven't already had a conversation. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a part of our team!

3. "Pinciples put into practice"

4.0
    Current Employee - ANZ Workplace and Real Estate Coordinator in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing facilities that promote collaboration and community, the Sydney office is a refreshing space to work in. Truly a place where culture principles such as 'Hungry, Humble, Honest and with Heart' are put in to practice . This is reflected by the wonderful community of ANZ team members.

Cons

The Nutanix 6- the amount of weight you put on when you first join.

April 1, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing about your experience. We are so happy to see that you have seen the core values lived throughout your experience at Nutanix. We “believe in striving,” and love seeing how our wonderful employees like you show that! We know that the food and snacks can be tempting. Try to take advantage of some of our wellness benefits as well if you want to counteract the “Nutanix 6.” Thanks so much for being a part of our team!

"Life is too short, don't waste your life! Toxic culture and untrustworthy management"

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard to find one, maybe the free food

Cons

Dysfunctional, shortsighted, confused leadership with no clear direction. Extremely toxic environment. Deep rooted problems that role from APJ regional management with high staff turn over as a result. Most current staff in sales want out (unless they're new).

April 7, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your experience, it has clearly fallen short of what we strive to deliver for all our Nutants. We’d like to learn more about some of the challenges you raised. Are you open to having a conversation to share more context so we can use your feedback to fuel improvement? If so, please reach out to your manager, your HR Business Partner, or Jarek Polak to arrange a time to speak. We hope we can connect soon to find out more about how we can improve your experience. Thanks again for your feedback.

"Wish I had a time machine"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Product and some great colleagues

Cons

This was a great place to work when i joined. Unfortunately this is no longer the case which is evident in the high turnover of staff and the average tenure of the ANZ workforce. The leadership team in place are all very new and have no understanding of the challenges that have been going on for many years. There is a wealth of knowledge within the existing team which is sadly overlooked and those with vast experience selling Nutanix are being told how to sell by managers with 6 -12months experience . Quota's have become unachievable with large increases the norm and no justification or additional support/ resources to achieve them. The culture has become toxic and there is a lack of team events and a very strict expenses policy which makes it hard to build new business and rapport with clients. This has also resulted in a much less flexible and family friendly culture than there was in the past.

April 3, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We can assure you that we are focused on building a stronger culture of unity and a more positive experience for you and the ANZ team. Nutanix is a high growth organization and headcount in ANZ has tripled over the past 3 years whilst maintaining a turnover that is less than industry average. Change is a constant. We are here to support you throughout this process in a positive way. We are identifying the top leadership talent in the industry and have formed a new management team who are veterans in the IT industry with a wealth of sales leadership experience. Sales enablement programs, new sales operations headcount, additional marketing resources and sales development resources have been implemented to support growth in the region over the past six months. As a tenured employee, we very much value your perspective and any recommendations you have for ways we can move together towards building a more positive experience. Have you reached out to speak openly with your manager or your Human Resources Business Partner about your concerns and some of the opportunities for improvement that you mentioned? Please do so if you’re open to having a conversation and sharing more specifics. Thank you again for voicing your concerns, and for showing grit during our transition as we work hard to improve.

"Sales"

in Brisbane

I have been working at Nutanix

Pros

Strong product/solution Good people (however the good ones don’t last long)

Cons

- Australia have had three Country Managers/MD’s in three years. - Unfair working conditions with weak leadership who manage from spreadsheets and have little understanding or empathy of the challenges we face. -Quota is unattainable and those that hit their number are punished by quota increases of at least 20% - 40% -Very minimal sales enablement and emphasis on development plans -Staff retention is poor, if you’ve been in Nutanix 12+ months you’re a long timer -Culture is toxic and driven by poor management style of leadership team who are only interested in selling up -No emphasis on any type of work life balance. Drive people hard until they burn out and decide to leave -If you aren’t a strong hunter sales person you have very little chance of succeeding. -Management team don’t follow the Nutani. leadership principles.

March 9, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. What you’ve described is not the experience that we strive to deliver. We are very sorry that this has been your experience.
 We can assure you that management is focused on building a stronger culture of unity. As we've grown, change is a constant. We strive to support you and the team throughout this process in a positive way. In terms of the unfair working conditions you mentioned, we are an equal opportunity employer. We take this very seriously and urge you to connect with your HR Business Partner so we can understand more. We hope we can have a productive conversation to help shift your experience in a more positive direction.
Thanks again for your honesty. We appreciate you sticking with us and "getting comfortable being uncomfortable" as we work hard to improve.

"Horrible toxic environment"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great solution and products

Cons

Horrible culture, management make promises they don’t keep, unfair working conditions and bad reputation in the market.

January 22, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. What you’ve described is not the Nutant experience we strive to deliver. We can assure you that management is focused on building a stronger culture of unity. As we've grown (and continue to grow), change is a constant. We strive to support you and the team throughout this process in a positive way. In terms of the unfair working conditions you mentioned, we are an equal opportunity employer. We take this very seriously and urge you to connect with your HR Business Partner so we can understand more. Thank you for sharing your candid thoughts. We appreciate you sticking with us and "getting comfortable being uncomfortable" as we work hard to improve.

"Best place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Best place to worka nd flexibility

Cons

No such cons to be mentioned

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very rapidly growing, every 6 months the business looks completely different (from a sales perspective at least). Not for everyone, but for those who get bored easily one of the best places to work.

Cons

very little structure around roles, responsibilities and job descriptions, great place for a self motivated, self starting, self driven person. The lack of structure can drive some people insane, you just have to bring your own structure to any role.

Continue reading
  10. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genuine, fun, intellectuals, great communication for a global company, non-competitive environment, truly value their employees, great culture, not another boys club IT company!!!!

Cons

Nil, or none found yet!

Found 709 reviews