Office Concierge Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did (in 10 reviews)

• I started at OC as a FOH receptionist, I was promoted to a Guest Services Manager, then to Front of House Manager on to Head Concierge and finally to (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A colleague I worked with felt obligated to write a positive review on here as she was asked to write one by an account manager (in 18 reviews)

• As I mentioned since I have had no problems with the company, there are no cons from my side (in 5 reviews)

1. "elite corporate receptionist"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

great environment
    every day was different
    meet a lot of influential guests

Cons

sometimes have to work longer hours
    being an elite meant you didnt know where you were going the next day which meant you needed to be ready

2. "Mediocre company to work for"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good if you are straight out of the airlines, similar adhoc working requirements. Great as a temp job to see which companies are good to work for.

Cons

No structure to your day, no benefits, and no account manager as such, this most likely had changed in the past 8 years since I left.

3. "Couldn’t arrange a drink up in a brewery"

Current Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with great clients

Cons

Your up againsts every single person in the company for a battle for holidays. Same thing every single year constant battle and bring down team morale

Advice to Management

Get a temporary recruitment agency on board to deal with staff holidays

"(Elite Temp) Avoid if Possible - there's better temp options out there"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

- Occasionally meet and work with amazing people
    - Long days paid by the hour means salary can be good
    - Some HR staff very helpful

Cons

- Bad management
    - Zero contact with account manager
    - Irrelevant training
    - Uniforms left unwashed for weeks (at certain sites)
    - Expected to turn up 40 mins early to collect uniforms and walk across sites - bad management which ultimately means your time is taken (unpaid).
    - Left to train new members of staff even though only worked at the site for a week
    - Left to deal with situations when management at the site all went on holiday and problems occured
    - Repetitive work (could be seen as a pro if you want something easy)
    - 500 gbp taken from final pay check until uniform returned (which I was not informed about until I resigned)

"A review for an Elite receptionist"

Former Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting your foot in the door and getting valuable experience. My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

If your not static your treated like temporary staff. Operations shove you from pillar to post with no regards of how it will affect you and your travels. You have to be available from 6 am if you are on standby to find out your where your going and sometimes they call you at 7 am and expect you to be ready to leave and cover a 8 am shift!! There is no progression in the company and Statics are paid £5K more than elites even though elites have more experiences. They promise Elites will be made into statics once they have worked for 12-18 months. Do not count on that as they lose elites due to their lies. Operations are a joke. Very rude and have no compassion if you are sick. They expect you to take a painkiller and still go into work.

Advice to Management

Ops needs more training - the amount of times they mess up no organisation whats so ever. Elite manager should have 25 elites to an account manager. 1 person can not handle 100 elites!! you need to re-think this. Elites be first chioce to become static - not get a person from outside the company it is not fair on elites. No sense of loyalty

11 Dec 2017 – Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments on your experience with Office Concierge. I wanted to address the operational issues that you raised in your review and explain how our Elite team work alongside our... More

"Honest review"

Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some nice colleagues
    - Opportunity to make new contacts and meet people
    - Gives you the experience to find a better job

Cons

- Massive employee turnover. Constant hiring, training and resigning cycle. Elites are not given a chance for progression at all.
    - Zero progression opportunities. There is not such a thing as "internal recruitment". If you are receptionist you are expected to be happy with it FOREVER. If you dare to ask for some progression opportunities in the Head office, for example, you will be looked at as an alien. There are many qualified and educated people within statics and elites, if you guys give them the opportunity to progress you will have much stronger Operations, HR etc because people will actually stay in this company.
    - Not very nice uniform. Used and old-fashioned. Not to mention the bun and fake pearls you are required to wear. Please walk into a building where the receptionist is not from Office concierge and see how receptionists dress up in 2017. You also get 2 uniforms which you are expected to take to dry cleaning every time (this is toxic by the way, just google dry cleaning toxic and thank me later) and dry cleaners normal service usually takes one week, so you are supposed to wear the same uniform for a week. If you try to protect your dignity and personal hygiene you will be ignored. Sometimes the elites have to wear someone`s else uniform without any washing or dry cleaning before that.
    - No Christmas party last year and not any party or event at all during 2017. December 2016 they announced that there will be no Christmas party because they were planning to throw few smaller events during the year. Well, it is almost November 2017 and I haven`t been invited to one yet.
    - Gossipy and favouritism culture.
    - Very hard to book holidays when you want to. Between Christmas and New Year, for example, it is almost mission impossible.
    - If you have a doctor appointment they ask for a prove although they deduct the time from your salary. No matter how personal is the matter - you have to prove it.
    - No salary review every year as in other companies. They show zero appreciation for your service, loyalty, patience. Zero.
    - Thee last 3 reviews have strangely the same style and look a bit fishy after all previous reviews which are more realistic.

Advice to Management

As mentioned before - value your staff, give them the opportunity to grow and develop. Learn your lesson, this massive turnover is FOR a reason. Respect your employees. Invest in new uniforms, step into the future.

11 Dec 2017 – Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments on your time with Office Concierge. In response to your concerns on development within Office Concierge, we take progression and personal development for our team members... More

8. "A foot in the door"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

It is a good company to work for if you have no experience working in the corporate environment.

Cons

Long hours, minimal employee benefits, and limited career progression. Competition has better remuneration.

Advice to Management

Listen and support your employees more as they are the main asset of your business.

9. "Personal Progress Review"

Current Employee - Front of House Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Front of House Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since working with Office Concierge over the past 3 years i have had a great experience within the Company. I started off as a Dedicated Elite (Permanent cover) i then moved my way up in to a permanent role within a great site which suits my personality perfectly! I have also gone through the process of having to tupe over to another company as i loved my site so much! but unfortunately the other company stood no comparison to Office Concierge. Over all the Company do all they can to support you and make you feel comfortable. I am now in an Amazing site with the best team and fully supported by my account Manager and the Head Office if they are needed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with office Concierge and hope this will only continue. Thank you for all that you do!

Cons

During my time with Office Concierge i have experienced no cons so have none to add as of yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing the amazing job that you are doing.

13 Sep 2017 – Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you have chosen to share your Office Concierge journey with others. We pride ourselves on developing and supporting our employees and it is... More

10. "Brilliant Experience – Excellent Elite & Static Roles"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time as an Elite for Office Concierge from November 2016, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with a positive, exciting and professional company.

I have gained a profound portfolio of experience working at high profile sites, including front of house and in house receptions.

The company as a whole are hardworking, goal setters who give many opportunities to progress through personal development. The teams within the company are extremely supportive and challenging in a positive way which has enabled me to be push myself above my boundaries developing further in this industry.

I have enjoyed and learnt so much from being an Elite it has led me to as a Static at one prestigious site. The elite role has given me so much progression to be able to provide a high standard and I am always grateful for the opportunity the company has given me.

Cons

This is not applicable from experience.

Advice to Management

Management are extremely supportive and hard working for each individual, the teams and the sites which I hope will continue.

11. "Happy to be part of OC"

Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OC will give you the opportunity learn and improve yourself! Management will motivate you and always be supportive, of course this is my personal experience but waking up in the morning and being happy to go to work is a privilege!
    I feel that OC takes sincere care of the employees and management is always open to your ideas so that you feel real part of the company and not just a number on their paycheck!

Cons

I wouldnt go for the Elite Position