Openpay Reviews

Updated 4 Feb 2021

4.0
Openpay Chief Executive Officer Michael Eidel (no image)
Michael Eidel

"Warm and welcoming company"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Openpay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great managers, growing company, smooth induction process

Cons

No real cons so far

"Great onboarding experience and organisational culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Openpay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuinely nice people and the business is moving at pace

Cons

Nothing consequential at this point in time

"Great company to work for - fast recruitment process"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Openpay full-time

Pros

Fast and straightforward recruitment process, you know the outcome very quickly. Open (no pun intended) culture, constantly changing and evolving. Leadership actually cares about engaging with the employees and develop a great working culture. You will be busy doing meaningful work.

Cons

Sometimes tactical solutions are done that can lead to long term pain. You will be busy doing meaningful work.

"Great!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Openpay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic 'start up' vibe in an exciting industry

Cons

None really m m m

"Decent Workplace"

4.0
    Current Employee - I Prefer Not to Specify My Role in Melbourne

I have been working at Openpay part-time

Pros

Great work location, nice team

Cons

Still growing as a company, still working out procedures

"Smooth Sailing Onboarding"

Current Employee - Head of Enterprise in Sydney

I have been working at Openpay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Onboarding is handled with awesome professionalism, and uses some really cool tools to support the great people. Monique in particular from Talent Acquisition is an awesome company advocate and proves right from the get go that expectations are delivered on in a timely and professional manner. Clear engagement timelines, expectations from both Openpay and from myself as a candidate made me feel inspired and confident that this is a business that knows what it's doing. Quick access to real people who didn't waste any of my time nor theirs in genuinely wanting to get to know me, my goals and providing relevant information to help me picture myself making a difference as part of the team was easy to visualise. Day 1 ran like clockwork, my direct Manager has been so incredibly helpful and responsive that it initially felt so foreign having come from a much larger slower moving business. The tech all worked with cool tools like Bamboo HR, a laptop ready on day one and access to the IT team (persons!). Great smooth experience absolutely recommend as a place that you want to work in and at.

Cons

It's a small business so there's no hiding, not a place for people that want to disappear into a business and not be noticed.

Continue reading

"Positive Experience from Day 1!"

Current Employee - Learning & Development Specialist in Caulfield North

I have been working at Openpay full-time

Pros

From the initial stages of the recruitment process, I felt extremely valued by the team. It is very refreshing to have a candidate’s unique strengths and experiences being the focus areas of the interview process – I definitely felt there was a genuine interest in not only understanding the skills I have for the role, but who I am. After every conversation, I was left with complete transparency and professionalism. It was a very pleasant experience to go through, making the beginning of my career at Openpay one to remember.

Cons

No Cons for me - such a great experience overall.

8. COVID-19

"Great place to work - professional, friendly and fun (even in lockdown)"

Current Employee - Group Treasurer in Melbourne

I have been working at Openpay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Openpay has been very pro-active to ensure staff have a few fun “out of the office” activities to ensure good mental health, physical health and interaction with colleagues outside of the work environment. This includes a range of activities from wellness sessions with breathing and relaxation/calming techniques to boot camp for those wanting an active start to the mornings, lunch and learns hosted by our own staff helping others make their own mask (quite handy for us still in stage 4 lockdown!) or upskill on PowerBI or excel just to name a few. What’s also been encouraging is people reaching out regularly asking “RUOK?” and having online team lunch and dinners (breakfast for our UK colleagues) which managers have arranged so that we have Uber Eats deliver a yummy dish while we have a chat and catch up socially. This is when we are not competing with the online quizzes trying to win the decent prizes!! I am proud to work for such a great group of people at Openpay and love how we look out for one another and encourage bringing out the best in each other.

Cons

As with any business experiencing growing pains

Continue reading

"Good people, bad leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - N/A in Melbourne

I worked at Openpay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with some great people

Cons

Leadership was always disorganised, unrealistic and out of touch. Customers were never prioritised.

Openpay Response

May 20, 2020Chief People And Culture Officer

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and while receiving a negative critique can sometimes be difficult, we are committed to listening to feedback, both good and bad, in an effort to not only be a product that our customers love, but also a workplace that every member of our team love coming to each day. You are right, the people at Openpay make the business - we are proud of the work our team do, every day and we are grateful to the growing number of team members who are choosing to stay and further their career with us. As a business we seek the feedback of our team on a frequent basis - both through our quarterly team member surveys as well as our fortnightly global Town Hall meetings. Our live Q&A has proven to be a real hit with the team, enabling them to ask the questions that matter, to them - with nothing off limits. While we will continue to evolve as our company grows, the overwhelming feedback that we are receiving from our team indicates we are on the right track. While it is unfortunate that in this instance, we have not been able to meet your expectations, I'd welcome the chance to discuss your feedback in more detail and gain from you the suggestions you have for us to improve. You can reach us at peopleandculture@openpay.com.au, otherwise, we wish you well for your future endeavours.

"If you're looking to work for a customer centric, innovative tech company don't work for Openpay."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Melbourne

I worked at Openpay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people. Decent office in a good location. Many opportunities to learn (mostly what not to do).

Cons

Openpay seems impressive from the outside but have a shambolic operation and do not care about their employees or customers. Don't be fooled by their buzzwords or values that they don't follow. The product is poor at best, riddled with issues that come from a lack of customer centricity. Any employees that try to raise this or make real improvements are met with hostile treatment from leadership who foster a political, toxic and divisive culture derived from a lack of accountability and head in the sand approach. This is a sentiment that is shared by majority of employees, note that most positive reviews come from those that have been at Openpay for a short period of time. This is because you realise very soon how bad the company really is. Don't be fooled by the talk, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Openpay Response

May 20, 2020Chief People And Culture Officer

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. While we love our new office too, it is a shame that during your time with us, you were not able to experience the many other initiatives that the business offers - not only to contribute to learning new skills and knowledge, but to improve the health and wellbeing of our growing team. Like you, we're not a fan of smoke and mirrors so rather than taking my word for it, I thought you would be interested in knowing what others in the team think. In our most recent team member survey over 70% of our team strongly agreed that our managers care about their health and wellbeing; nearly 80% of our team say they are motivated to contribute more than what is required in their role and nearly 90% stated that their thoughts and feelings are respected. While it makes me proud to see the engagement of our team improving quarter on quarter, I understand that in some cases, we aren't able to meet the expectations of everyone, as seems to be the case with your experience. As we have grown at such a rapid rate, its to be expected that sometimes, things may not go as well as they could have however we are committed to creating a great place to work for our team so invite you to touch base so we can discuss your experience in more detail. We can be contacted at peopleandculture@openpay.com.au

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 English Reviews