Cover image for Ortec (Easley, SC)
Logo

Found 26 of over 27 reviews

3.1
Ortec (Easley, SC) Founder Larry Brotherton
Larry Brotherton

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Pay was good and work was fair(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "call during the weekends while the place was very understaffed due to lack of management to hire good employees.(in 2 reviews)
    1. 3.0
      11 May 2023
      Chemical Operator
      Current Employee
      Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

its okay, pay is good and work is slow moving

Cons

schedule is terrible, 12 hr swing shifts are hard

1 Jan 2023
        Product Steward
        Former Employee
        Easley, SC
        Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience, get to do many things

Cons

No growth potential, management picks favorites

2. Join the Ortec (Easley, SC) team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 1.0
          7 Oct 2022
          Current Employee
          Business Outlook

Pros

There is very little good that I can say from my personal experience.

Cons

The company operates as unethically behind close doors as I have ever seen.

1. 5.0
            3 May 2022
            Production Manager
            Current Employee, more than 1 year
            Business Outlook

Pros

Cooperative and team oriented culture Ethical company to work for Many people here have a strong work ethic Upper management is engaged Ortec “hires to retire” - the hiring strategy is only to hire when the company can keep that person employed long term Opportunities for advancement based on performance Benefits are good Pay is fair

Cons

There’s only a few Ortec locations in South Carolina so the commute may be long depending upon where a person lives

3 Mar 2022
              Administrative Assistant
              Current Employee, more than 5 years
              Greenville, SC
              Business Outlook

Pros

Family Oriented if your related

Cons

Only like to higher young people

14 June 2021
                QC Lab Technician
                Current Employee, more than 1 year
                Business Outlook

Pros

Able to learn the ropes fairly quickly and then perform day-to-day tasks easily

Cons

Boring, repetitive No one is invested in your training or growth Often micromanaged Very high expectations with no motivational basis

1. 3.0
                  14 July 2021
                  Chemical Operator
                  Former Employee, less than 1 year
                  Easley, SC
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good and work was fair

Cons

Schedule was hard. Your out in the weather

1. 4.0
                    30 June 2020
                    Quality Assurance
                    Former Employee, more than 3 years
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Ortec is a great place to start a career. Small business feel but with very technical work that is a major resume booster. You learn so much in a very short time frame because the work is non stop. Great job security as long as you are a good employee and put in the effort/care about your job. Lots of upward mobility again if you show that you care about the company and about being the best in the field. Nothing is handed to you so you must put in the work but the pay off is more responsibilities that will help you land a well respected job in the future or continuously move up in the company.

Cons

Pay is not great; For the amount of specialiazation it requires to work there and the workload combined, it should be more. Some managers aren't great managers; They don't know how to strategically place their employees in the correct positions to get the most out of them. Some are just glorified workers who would rather do a repetitive task everyday than look at where the company is going in the future and guide the department that way

1. 5.0
                      6 Jan 2019
                      Quality Assurance
                      Current Employee, more than 5 years
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Private, Family owned Chemical company. Second generation with strong leadership. Solid financially and work ethic demonstrated at highest level. I have been working at the Piedmont, SC GMP facility 5 years and looking forward to many years to come. Rewarding opportunities with growth potential for ambitious employees who are willing to learn the ropes first. Fast paced environment serving demanding Industry leading customers in the Life Sciences. You can make a difference here. Compensation is adequate and benefits typical for the Industry.

Cons

Fast paced environment is not for everyone. Just in time toll manufacturing sometimes under strict time constraints can be challenging. Operations works swing shifts while other departments work straight shifts. Due to rapid growth, weekend work is becoming more common.

2 June 2015
                        QC Lab Analyst
                        Former Employee, more than 3 years
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Once you get through the non-existent training "program," you learn a lot of good foundational things. I became very proficient in GC and HPLC and I feel I have gained some really good experience that will help me find a new job. Most of the coworkers are wonderful people who will become your friends.

Cons

Learning on your own is not encouraged. When I asked if I could attend an HPLC workshop, I was told an abrupt "no!" This was a great place to work until the good management was fired and the new was brought in. I was told in my yearly review that I would be kept on 1st shift because I was very valuable there, but a couple months later I was forced to work 3rd shift. I experienced personal discrimination from management and this led to my resignation from the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Ortec (Easley, SC) Reviews FAQs

Ortec (Easley, SC) has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 27 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Ortec (Easley, SC) to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ortec (Easley, SC) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ortec (Easley, SC). This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

53% of Ortec (Easley, SC) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ortec (Easley, SC) 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Ortec (Easley, SC) Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

IT Specialist

Passed 2 interviews with a board of Education , waiting for HR to communicate but I don’t know how long it takes to wait and when I should give up and move on?? It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve done the 2 nd interview.

1 Comment

CSM

Hi any one works as solutions engineer I got this task to do and would like to know if it’s correct what I’ve done please. Thanks a lot

0 Comments

Digital Strategy Consultant

Is it bad interview etiquette to ask about salary expectations WHEN the recruiter fails to bring that up in our screener? I did it so we could ensure alignment and the recruiter said she ‘usually waits to do that after the first call’ 🙄

3 Comments

Glassdoor has 27 Ortec (Easley, SC) reviews submitted anonymously by Ortec (Easley, SC) employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Ortec (Easley, SC) is right for you.