OutboundEngine Reviews

3.8
OutboundEngine CEO Marc Pickren
Marc Pickren
Pros
Cons
  • "Low work life balance and underpaid for skill set(in 18 reviews)

• "3 months of no quota, you're fired, just like any other sales job, but they expect you to sell at a high level, and offer very little support/training(in 13 reviews)

1. "Great Career Growth Trajectory"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Specialist

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

This company offers a lot of opportunities for career growth, both within the company and on a personal level. I feel like I've gained a lot of valuable experience here, and the company is genuinely invested in me having a positive outcome with my career overall. I appreciate that we have had the opportunity to work remotely, as it has been very helpful and shown me that we can adjust. It gives me a lot of hope for the company in the future, and I think that we'll be able to adapt to a more remote working environment. The company has built a great foundation and hires only the best individuals. I think that this contributed to the company's success remotely and proved that we have the necessary ingredients to succeed in an uncertain external environment.

Cons

I'd like to be able to go back to the office at some point.

2. "Company has a bright future because of the culture."

Former Employee - Customer Success Representative

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

Outboundengine has a great company culture and strong relationships throughout the company. The pay is fair, and I felt that everyone was honest with each other. Employees have great perks and lots of support from management, and the open-door policies create trust and allow for free flowing communication between all levels. I think the company has a bright future and a lot of things going for them. They stay ahead of competition and the company culture will get them far.

Cons

Would like to have seen more cross-department communication and updates rather than just communication between management and employees in similar departments.

3. COVID-19

"Solid team that can overcome challenges"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid team with great unity and camaraderie. The company emphasizes the importance of having a positive culture and purposely chooses people who will uphold the company’s values and standards. Everyone is respectful and there is a positive, communicative relationship between all levels of the company, from the newest employees all the way up to the CEO. Working from home has proved to me how effective this company is at functioning as a cohesive unit, and we have been able to maintain the bond we have as a team throughout the covid pandemic and the struggles we’ve come across outside of work. My job is reliable and it’s a positive constant during these uncertain times.

Cons

Just general things regarding being outside of the office. I miss the energy/seeing people in person.

4. COVID-19

"Transition to WFH led to positive innovation and change"

Current Employee - Junior IT Specialist

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

Ever since we've started working from home, I feel like the company has experienced a lot of positive growth. Employees are feeling like management trusts them more, since we're not working together in person, and teams are having to rely on each other more and find new ways to collaborate, which I think is something positive. I think that this innovation, even though it was kind of forced due to COVID-19, was positive and will help our company be more flexible and adaptable in the future. I think our quality of work output is still great, and clients seem to be happy and satisfied. Excited to see where this company will go in the future.

Cons

None having to do with the company! I miss seeing everyone face to face but this is a great temporary solution.

5. COVID-19

"Maintaining Consistency Remotely"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, since switching to working from home, things have stayed the same! I still feel up to date and feel like I'm able to give my full effort even though I'm not with my coworkers in person. I think that working from home should definitely be considered as an option for at least some employees after the pandemic is over. I think that we've proven we can still be successful without working face to face, and management has been successful in helping us make the transition. They've been able to supervise without micromanaging and have made the switch easier. I doubt our customers notice a difference or change in the way things operate at OutboundEngine.

Cons

Virtual meetings can get long and drawn out. I think we should make a stricter schedule for meetings and stick to it.

6. COVID-19

"Grateful for my job at OE"

Current Employee - Customer Success Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work here is challenging (in a good way) and everyone I work with is dynamic and engaging. I feel motivated to come to work each day here. When working from home, I do feel like I spend more time working, but I also avoid having to commute, which has been really nice. I've been able to establish a positive work/life balance with working from home and appreciate that OutboundEngine took into account the struggles we might be facing outside of the office due to COVID-19, quarantine, etc. I am able to spend time with my kids, who are out of school, and manage personal matters better without compromising my job. I'm very grateful to work for such an adaptable and encouraging company.

Cons

I think we need to hire more people in customer success

7. "Strong Foundation, Excellent Company Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’m very happy to have the opportunity to work with such a great company alongside some amazing individuals. Although working from home has been challenging, the people I work with have made all the difference. We’ve undergone some technical difficulties, especially with remote meetings, but those have been for the most part resolved. I think that OutboundEngine management has done a great job of making sure that everyone stays in touch, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on any critical info even though I’m not in the office in person. Management has built a strong foundation of trust among themselves and among employees, and this is critical in any company. They trust employees to get things done from home and I appreciate the newfound freedom that comes with a WFH position. Overall terrific place to work and excellent culture all around.

Cons

Technical difficulties at first with virtual meetings

8. "Great, Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Even when working from home, I consider myself so lucky to be surrounded by such great people. The team I work with is committed to clients, and work runs smoothly whether remote or in-person due to their dedication and our teamwork. management is great, I have only positive things to say about my direct and indirect supervisors, as well as the CEO. I think that working from home has brought a lot of positive change and would like to see this continue into the future.

Cons

Not being in the office is difficult; as an extroverted person I miss the energy.

Continue reading
  9. "Leadership Trusts Employees"

Current Employee - Product Marketing

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

Leadership has shown their trust in employees during this time particularly. They trust us to work from home without micromanaging, and I feel that I can rely on them to smooth out the transition and come to them with any issues I might have. I have a great team of talented and likeminded individuals, and I feel inspired and motivated when I come to work each day, even "coming to work" remotely. I enjoy helping clients and feel that they are truly satisfied. OutboundEngine's pay is fair and their benefits are great.

Cons

Meetings can get long remotely, and there have been some connectivity/tech issues.

10. "Change for the Better"

Current Employee - Customer Success/Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We've undergone a lot of change in the past few months, as have many companies, but I think that a lot of it is for the better. I really appreciate having the opportunity to work from home, as it has given me a lot more freedom and a better work/life balance in this changing climate (kids out of school, etc.). I love the people I work with and would consider this company a positive environment overall. I do miss being in the office and seeing my team in person, but this will have to do for now. I'm grateful to work for a company that's so passionate about employee health, happiness, and wellness, and they have been exceedingly adaptable to the recent changes.

Cons

Issues with online platforms like video calls, meetings can run long because it's more difficult to coordinate online.

Found 262 reviews