Found 563 of over 598 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
Got a burning question about PIH Health? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with PIH Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "low pay and very busy" (in 50 reviews)
- "Policies not up to date, poor management, pay could be better" (in 28 reviews)
- "Aggressive upper management." (in 12 reviews)
- "Toxic environment, low pay, inconsistent rules, favoritism, always floating, managers have favorites, hard to advance or move up in roles" (in 10 reviews)
- "Favoritism in managerial teams, low balling current managers and bringing in new staff at better salaries." (in 7 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW6 Mar 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsWhittier, CA
This organization just keeps growing and through it keep being recognized as best place to work. People stay their entire careers for a reason.
Only a few. Trying to stay competitive in salaries is a challenge for everyone.
- 2.025 Nov 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLos Angeles, CA
- great place to get your start - met some great colleagues - location
- management that doesn’t challenge or stand up and is strategically chosen by admin. - CEO takes home huge yearly bonuses but staff is some of the lowest paid; not competitive at all - really needs to be unionized
- 1.06 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWhittier, CA
Good parking around the entire hospital
Don’t work here unless you want your mental health to be ruined. Was belittled and spoke to as if I was stupid. Be ready for anyone to throw you under the bus for something you didn’t do. Was given attitude and was not helped through my shift after not being able to help because I was on my lunch break. Very much not going to help you because it’s not my job from a lot of people there. Saw several people including myself cry during a shift because of the way they were treated on the unit I worked at. Saw many workers being hired and show up for a day or two and never come back due to the environment on the unit. Was warned by many people to not trust anyone and to get my experience and leave like everyone else. Why do you think they’re constantly hiring and always have so many open spots? Look somewhere else to work this place is horrible.
- 3.013 Oct 2023NurseCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWhittier, CA
Many resources, pretty good benefits (medical, 4013b match, etc).
Classes are often perfunctory. Difficult to reach upper management about unresolved problems in/from middle management.
- 3.020 Sept 2023ER NurseCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Coworkers are like my family. Tight knit group. Great experience working with high acuity patients. Always hiring new grads (grateful for getting the opportunity to work here. I wouldn’t be the nurse I am now and not a lot of hospitals have ER New Grad Programs)
Poor management support and organization, lack of staffing, high turnover
- 1.018 Aug 2023Claims ExaminerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWhittier, CA
Plenty of parking across the street.
The medical claims department at this company needs improvement. They are very disorganized, and change their employee standards daily. The auditors were a mess as well. Frequently, I had to correct the auditors by notifying management of their errors. When I left the company, the recruiter begged me to come back. Then after hearing him almost cry about how it took over a month for the hiring process, I agreed. Then, I got a call back that the job was terminated. The disorganization of my last interactions with the company, was confirmation that I made the right choice initially. Also, they will hire temporary employees , and instead of hiring permanently, they will keep extending the contracts with empty promises. I noticed a very high employee turnover, during my time with this company.
PIH Health Reviews FAQs
PIH Health has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 598 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at PIH Health to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
75% of PIH Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PIH Health 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.