Paddle Reviews

Paddle CEO Christian Owens
Christian Owens
  1. "Start up culture"

Former Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in London, England

I worked at Paddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great sales team to work with, interesting market, merit based progression, great location and offices, senior management are capable

Cons

Quick to act but can cause problems down the line

2. "Fast paced"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, growing and young team

Cons

Grew too fast and the scale caused friction

"Great at the start, but got worse as time went on"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Staff benefits - Great coworkers - Location of the office - Equipment given to staff

Cons

- Poor management - Lack of support from upper management - Lack of company direction - No communication from one department to the next

4. "Not worth it"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Paddle full-time

Pros

Free massage and office location

Cons

Too many problems to articulate

5. "Lots of opportunities to learn & grow."

Current Employee - Fraud & Chargeback Analyst

I have been working at Paddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great learning resources available. - Career growth is a primary focus; you can never stop learning! - The company actually put their values into practice. - Flexible working hours, as well as unlimited holiday & working from home days.

Cons

- It can feel like a risk, naturally working for a start up company (but there is full transparency within the company and there will never be any nasty surprises).

Continue reading
  6. "Fast Paced and Challenging Environment Where You're Always Supported"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Constant drive for improvement and success but not at the cost of employees * Benefits of a corporate firm at a scale-up size >> Healthcare, Food, Exercise, Education etc. * You can see the impact of your actions both in Customers and internally * Continuous learning no matter how much previous experience you had * Flat management Structure

Cons

* Lots of self-initiative required to have impact * Constantly changing environment which isn't for everyone * Get out what you put in

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paddle is an inclusive and friendly place to work. You have the opportunity to learn lots from talented colleagues and resources and that includes skills that are outside your core team. They have some awesome benefits that show trust in their employees - flexible working, unlimited holiday. In addition, they care about you as a person and try to set you up for success through different initiatives like mental health support, coaching, office hours with different departments. You have the opportunity to move up in the company as internal promotions are very common.

Cons

As the company moves from startup to scale up they are experiencing some growing pains around processes. Change is often and you have to flexible to adapt.

8. "Great environment to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people - Great product - Very flexible in terms of working - Push to learn new things

Cons

- Growing pains (although this seems to be getting better)

9. "Unlimited opportunities to grow!"

Current Employee - People Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- At Paddle, your role can be what you make of it - If you take initiative, you are rewarded and managers go out of their way to support you - One of the most broad-minded people policies and benefits - As a first time mum, I found my transition to work post maternity break the easiest amongst my peer group - Understanding manager, Flexible working all ensured that only work matters and not where you do it it from

Cons

Like any start-up, as the dust from the rapid scaling up settles for a while, it is now time to focus on developing people with internal moves, career development frameworks and more strategic people initiatives! I would love to see more of that!

10. "A company with lots of potential, opportunities to grow and decent structure"

Current Employee - Seller Success Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Good learning resources, learning initiatives and drive to inform both internally and externally. 2) Lots of effort in developing the community and social initiatives, very progressive/liberal company and room to be yourself, as well as an attitude of acceptance to different working styles/behaviours. 3) Great office environment; looks nice, smells nice, nice aesthetics, food and snacks, etc. 4) Lots of opportunity to take on new projects, collaborate with different teams and gain exposure in different areas. 5) Career progression seems to be a theme throughout my time here; my friends and colleagues aren't all in the same places they were in when I started. 6) Unlimited work from home days, sick days and holidays.

Cons

1) Sometimes too much freedom compromises structure and being that this is a business it isn't always a good thing. 2) Sometimes the fluidity of its structure makes planning a career or your future at the company difficult, but being a sort of 'startup' I wouldn't expect too much in that regard anyway. 3) Currently the company is in a weird sort of transitional stage where it has moved to a larger office but doesn't quite have enough people to fill the space, so at times it feels like a large co-working space as opposed to a team space. 4) There are few 'leaders' who aren't formally appointed. The company should focus on producing more leaders who will drive change from the bottom-up. 5) Slack shouldn't replace face-to-face interactions; I barely know most of my colleagues and I likely never will (although I do care to). Some people which I've interacted with on Slack shy away when you speak to them in person, or ignore you completely. It's bizarre quite frankly.

Found 36 reviews