PetSmart Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 4497 reviews

3.2
PetSmart CEO J.K. Symancyk
J.K. Symancyk
Pros
  • "Working with animals & learning about safety(in 377 reviews)

• "If you're interested in animal care, you get to learn a lot(in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • "I do wish we didn't sell enclosures that weren't good for the animals (i(in 397 reviews)

• "You do have to clean up after dogs if owner’s refuse to pick it up or just leaves it(in 234 reviews)

"Good part time, not much for full time"

Former Employee - Bather

I worked at PetSmart part-time

Pros

Good group to work with, rare to find a group I'd like to hang out with outside of work, but I am still friends with several of my old coworkers! Great clients, loved seeing my regular pups and their owners!

Cons

No chance of full time as a bather Was promised the grooming academy, but after a year I had to move on due to lack of hours and money every month Over scheduling was rough, with all the quick services Bathers were required to do no matter how idle the groomers were.

PetSmart2019-10-13

October 14, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for the review! We couldn't agree more - it's our colleagues, pets and pet parents who make PetSmart such a special place. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our associates and appreciate you taking the time. Please know, you can also share your thoughts via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. We appreciate you sharing your experience!

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - CEL in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at PetSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere with pet parents and associates. Steady work, fun. Pay was good too.

Cons

Some management need more involvement and less office time.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with employees and less time in office

PetSmart2019-10-14

October 14, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for the review! We think our culture is incredibly unique at PetSmart, and I'm so happy that was your experience, as well. Your feedback is both appreciated and noted. Thank you for all the work you did to help make pets happy and healthy!

3. "Review"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at PetSmart part-time

Pros

Good team and lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

Can be very fast paced and busy

PetSmart2019-10-10

October 11, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed your time at PetSmart, we hope that's always the case. Thanks again for taking the time!

4. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Pet Care Specialist

I have been working at PetSmart part-time

Pros

PetSmart has great pay and training.

Cons

Sometimes understaffed and hours can vary.

PetSmart2019-10-10

October 11, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for the review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoy working at PetSmart. Thanks for all that you do for the love of pets and for taking the time to share your experience!

5. "Love Pets"

Current Employee - Store Leader in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People who own pets are great

Cons

Hours are Long for Store Leader

Advice to Management

Pets make it worth it

PetSmart2019-10-06

October 7, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for the review and for your commitment to providing great care to pets and their pet parents over the years! We think working with animals every day makes PetSmart pretty great, as well. Please know, you can always share feedback via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693, as well. Thank you, again!

"PetSmart is a great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong leadership starting at the top. People care about you as a person. You are allowed to be yourself. The work is challenging and rewarding. If you want to have a career, you can do so at PetSmart. Lots of fun activities for celebrations, product launches, etc. Pets and more pets!

Cons

There are still a few senior leaders who need to leave in order to get new ideas into the stores. Pay for some positions still needs to be increased.

Advice to Management

I love the direction the company has been going since we got our new CEO. Get rid of leaders who can't be innovative! Keep working to make PetSmart a great place to work. Equalize the experience for associates across the business. Better in the DC's and Home Office than in the Stores.

PetSmart2019-09-28

September 30, 2019Social Media Community Manager

It's great to hear you've been enjoying your time at PetSmart for a number of years! Thank you for all that you do for pets and pet parents. We appreciate and note your feedback. Definitely feel free to reach out to the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 to speak further. Thanks for taking the time!

7. "Awesome place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management and our team was close knit. Friendly and upbeat working environment. The company gives back to the community through charities and facilitating adoptions. Offers seasonal positions, great for students in between semesters.

Cons

Not many cons. Working with cute animals makes the day go faster.

PetSmart2019-09-30

September 30, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for the review! We think our culture is incredibly unique at PetSmart and are proud of the work we do for the community, pets, and pet parents. I'm so happy that it's been your experience, as well. Thank you for all you do to help make pets happy and healthy!

8. "Fun but not long-term"

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate

I worked at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Obviously the animals, it definitely can be fun when you get to pet dogs and handle snakes and stuff and help people set up their home aquariums

Cons

Low wages, ridiculous corporate rules, very low discount comparatively to other competition companies, basically no room for advancement beyond "lead", zero full time options

Advice to Management

Offer full time associate positions. Pay people better. Have upward mobility. Don't treat your employees like garbage.

PetSmart2019-10-14

October 14, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience! We think working with animals every day makes PetSmart pretty great too. We note and appreciate your feedback. Please know, you can always share your feedback via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 as well. Thanks again for taking the time.

"Run. Run fast."

Current Employee - Pet Stylist

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Actually grooming dogs and interacting with them and my clients and coworkers are great! I love what I do! benefits are decent. Paid time off.

Cons

Poor management. Treated like dirt. No appreciation from managers or corporate. Discounts taken from commissions. No significant pay increase in 14 years. If you try to get corporate involved in an issue, nothing is done, and you become a target of management. Budget doesnt allow for supplies needed to perform job. Hours cut to part time when it's slow. It's become so stressful to work for this company its just... not worth it anymore. I used to love my job. Now I HATE IT.

Advice to Management

If you take care of your employees, they will take care of your customers. Show you care. Hold managers accountable to do their jobs. Take safety concerns seriously. Quit micromanaging and making new policies when you dont enforce the ones already in place. Be PROACTIVE not reactive.

PetSmart2019-10-12

October 14, 2019Social Media Community Manager

We're very sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time at PetSmart and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'd love to understand more, as the safety of our pets is our #1 priority and we are fully committed to our associates across the organization. If you wouldn't mind, please contact the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 so that we can discuss it further. Thank you, again.

"Love everything about it"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Hattiesburg, MS
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

My managers, coworkers, and even customers are great and make the job well worth it! I also get paid well and get to learn A LOT of things about products and animals that I didn’t know before. Everyone is very nice and cares about you and helping you succeed if you put in the effort. You also get basic vacation time even as a part time employee and the company offers a lot of other benefits even at the part time... level.

Cons

Usually part time workers only get around 20 hours but sometimes more. I would say the main con is how much the hours fluctuate.

PetSmart2019-08-22

August 26, 2019Employer Branding

Thank you so much for the review! That's great to hear how much you enjoy some of the PetSmart perks and benefits. We agree with you - our fellow associates and customers are wonderful. That shared love and passion for pets is a powerful bond that connects us all. Thank you, again, for sharing your experience.

Found 4497 reviews