Polyglot Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 15 reviews

3.8
Polyglot Group CEO Corinne Bot
Corinne Bot
  1. "A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sydney

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic and growing business Work flexibility Flat organisation, everyone is very approachable and willing to listen to new ideas and initiatives Opportunities for progression and job rotations Company events, Friday drinks, beautiful office space

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Polyglot Group2019-01-24

January 24, 2019The Polyglot Team

Hey there! We're thrilled to read how much you enjoy being a part of the Polyglot family! We're very proud of being able to offer a flexible workplace as well as our ability to offer job progression, so we're so happy to see these are things that matter to you too. Our approachable "flat" organisation is also something we pride ourselves on. We believe that there is no one "out of reach" and are big on inter-team collaboration, so are humbled to see this as one of your "pros". Your feedback as a whole brings warmth to our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

2. "Most amazing place to work on the planet"

Current Employee - BDM in Sydney

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice environment, t he CEO is amazing Leadership is suppportive flexible working hours Childcare benefits Dress your day policy Bring your dog to work

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire everyone

Polyglot Group2018-08-02

October 30, 2018The Polyglot Team

Hey there! We're thrilled to read how much you enjoy being a part of the Polyglot family! Your feedback brings warmth to our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

3. "A typical family business"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Polyglot Group

Pros

Quiet location, nice staff, kinda work-life balance.

Cons

No career progression, working environment was bad, lack of business strategy.

Advice to Management

The management team really need some leadership and management skills.

Polyglot Group2018-06-07

June 11, 2018The Polyglot Team

Hey there, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us on your experience at Polyglot Group. We are happy to read that you got along with our team and enjoyed our office. However, we're also sorry to hear that our family DNA didn't suit you. We conquer that Small to Medium sized businesses are not for everyone. As a family business, it is true that we don't condone "office politics" and that we have less rigid processes than a large company so as to make us into a more agile business. This is something we're always trying to optimise, so we truly value your feedback. As for the career progression and working environment, we are deeply surprised to read these were cons for you, considering these were ranked highly in our last Happiness Survey done in April 2018 by the whole team. We are sorry if you felt you didn't have room to grow as we pride ourselves on making sure all of our driven Polyglotters are given the opportunities they strive for. We will definitely take your feedback on board to see how we can optimise this better in the future. We were also quite surprised to read your advice on our management team considering our whole leadership team receives strengths based leadership coaching so as to become better managers and leaders. We have organised this not only to better communication and collaboration, but to make sure our leaders are Polyglot ambassadors in the way they lead their teams. Finally, you mention the lack of business strategy. We definitely found that we could do better with our internal communication and transparency so as to make sure ALL Polyglotters are aware of the direction we're taking. We conquer that one cannot know when there is a business strategy when this isn't communicated on a regular from the top down. We are currently putting in place more initiatives so as to make sure we act upon what we say. So thank you for your feedback on this. Thank you again for sharing your insights and we wish you well. The Polyglot Team

4. "Excellent working environment"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Glebe

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Amazing team, so many ethnic and professional backgrounds. - Great CEO, who is a real people person, focusing on her staff and their personal development, beyond just a bottom line. - Company focus on quality work, for clients who see the value in our services. - International expansion is offering opportunities to grow and move around. - 5 weeks paid holiday from your 2nd year of service. - Amazing office,... so close to the Sydney CBD, yet so much in nature (trees, plants, animals everywhere). - You can bring your dog to work.

Cons

- None that I can think of. It is not a large corporation, so people who are into politics should stay away... Medium size employers are not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep building this great tribe of like-minded and quality-focused people.

Polyglot Group2017-10-24
  5. "Recruitment"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with a diverse range of staff and clients

Cons

Used to love working at Polyglot. Now seems that management are too busy to address staff concerns and are more worried about expanding and profit than their employees

Advice to Management

more emphasis is needed on things at the grass roots level. Employees becoming dissatisfied

Polyglot Group2017-07-10

October 30, 2018The Polyglot Team

Hey there, We apologise for not responding sooner! First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate when our current or former staff share their thoughts with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working in a diverse workplace. This is definitely something we take pride in and look to continually foster. However, we're also sorry to hear that your experience has taken a negative turn and that you are dissatisfied with our leadership team. We pride ourselves on our human centric approach, so we do not take this feedback lightly. We're truly sorry that you haven't felt supported, especially since we have put a lot of different actions in place to make sure our teams feel supported. One of these is our Focus Group, which is a space where all polyglotters can share their feedback anonymously (if they so wish). This feedback is then shared with the leadership team and acted upon ASAP where and when possible. Our goal is to continue optimising this so as to make sure all polyglotters feel supported.

"A company that feels like family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Polyglot Group for more than 4 years and it is the best place I have ever worked. I have been given opportunities I wouldn't have had at other companies, I respect our founder and admire their values, and (perhaps most importantly) I love the people I work with. My colleagues and peers are the best I've met in my professional career. The company's culture is like none other I've experienced... especially because the WHOLE company (founder, management as well as the people) truly care about others around them. The company's mission is about bringing humanity back to business and they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk. Not only is the company multicultural, multilingual and incredibly diverse, it truly feels like coming home to a family that accepts and celebrates you for YOU (strengths and weaknesses). The founder is a great person and I believe they have the best intentions for the company, the employees and our community. As the company continues to grow internationally there is a lot of opportunity to learn from different teams as well as diverse training and the possibility to switch roles as departments grow and new teams form.

Cons

It's a fast-paced company, so work-life balance can be difficult to manage at times, but it has improved since I've been here. And liking the people you work with helps it feel less like work.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the magic that you are doing and don't forget to communicate your plans for growth with every employee, not just management. This way, the "family" grows as a unit.

Polyglot Group2016-10-09

November 14, 2016The Polyglot Team

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are thrilled to read your review, as the benefits you have described are exactly what we constantly strive to establish. We believe that outstanding teams are built with passionate individuals who have been provided with empowering opportunities. True to this belief, we are determined to help each and every employee reach new heights through a career filled with support and encouragement. Furthermore, we are overjoyed to see you refer to the team dynamic as a “family”. We affectionately call ourselves the “Polyglot Family”, but to see the feeling goes beyond words is heart-warming. What is especially important to us is to make people feel welcomed, accepted and cared for, and we are absolutely thrilled to read that this is how you feel. The Polyglot Group strives to foster a culture of support and trust through unifying employees under our mission. At the same time, we truly believe in the power of diversity, so we are delighted to hear that you believe The Polyglot celebrates each and every individual. We are encouraged to hear that in your experience, the level of work-life balance has improved. This is an area which we continue to invest effort. As you mentioned, The Polyglot Group has a human approach to business, which means we truly understand the needs and demands experienced by the wonderful people who make up our team. True to this, we offer many arrangements to support the versatile lifestyles and demands of our employees. Some of these arrangements include part-time working arrangement, flexible working hours, as well as the possibility of working from home. Reaching a work-life balance is extremely difficult as everyone perceives it differently, however we are always trying to find ways to better this aspect for all Polyglotters. Again, thank you for your words of encouragement and advice as we continue to strive for improvement.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glebe

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly work environment, Polyglot is made of passionate people that work well together. Polyglot is a fast growing company that is currently expanding all over the world. This company is full of opportunities for anyone who is keen on taking up challenges.

Cons

Working in professional services can be sometimes very demanding. Although the overall atmosphere is relaxed, everybody is working hard.

Advice to Management

Maybe improve communication on where the business is going as people are genuinely interested and it could create more engagement.

Polyglot Group2016-10-13

November 14, 2016The Polyglot Team

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience as a Polyglot team member. This kind of feedback is extremely valuable to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. We agree that professional services can be demanding, which is why we place such importance upon providing our team with constant support and guidance. We are thrilled to hear that the result is a career filled with opportunities which will assist employees to reach new heights. Improving our internal communication is something of great priority to us at the moment. As we mention it in another review, we are currently in the process of implementing OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) so as to best communicate the company’s vision, goals and objectives on a long term and short them basis. This goal system is completely transparent, meaning all goals and progress can be viewed by every employee, regardless of their position or division. We feel this is beneficial as it allows every employee to track how they are making a difference to the global strategy on an individual level, as well as how they contribute to their team goals, in addition to the organisation’s mission as a whole. Once fully implemented, this will also make a big difference in showing every individual the impact, and therefore importance, that they have within the organisation. We are confident that by implicating every Polyglotter in Polyglot’s “grand scheme”, this should help engage the team better as well as help them visualise Polyglot Group’s future and where they fit in it.

"Nice environment, great colleagues, work like balance"

Former Employee - Recruitment in Sydney

I worked at Polyglot Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Possibility to develop your own desk and skills. Very creative and innovative company Invest a lot in company and employees branding

Cons

Not the very best database Lack of communication and poor management Agressive and rude attitude from the CEO, lot of complains from clients and employees.

Advice to Management

Get more experimented recruiters on board and try to keep them. Don't only hired interns to do the job

Polyglot Group2016-08-12

November 15, 2016The Polyglot Team

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience as an employee. We value every team member and their experience with us, so thank you for providing an insight into our strengths, as well as areas where we can continue to improve. We are proud of our provision of consistent training and promotion of creativity, in addition to the fact that we invest back into the team. This is a big point for us as we truly believe that investing back into the business and specifically into the team makes a huge difference to both the growth and integrity of the business. Likewise, we encourage people to use their strengths and knowledge to not only develop their own desks or departments, but also promote open communication and exchange between team members and the leadership team. They are always open for new suggestions and welcome ideas to bring about positive change. As I am sure you know, change takes time to implement, especially when you want to implement it correctly and make it long lasting. However, we truly believe that every team member can and shouldn’t be afraid to be a leader of change and we back them when this change is for the better. We completely agree with you in regards to our previous database not being of the highest standards and are currently in the process of amending this. To address this, we are currently relocating to a more modern database so as to provide the best tools for our team. This is always a time-consuming process, especially when a whole team has had experience with a database that was custom made for us. However, as technology evolves quickly, we saw that we could do better and have taken the necessary steps to move forward with better technology and better systems so as to help our team do their best. Furthermore, we are proud to note that Polyglot Group recently invested in a Happiness Survey so as to determine where we do well and how we can improve to assure our team is happy at work. This promotes open communication as well as transparency since it is completely anonymous and safe. We shared our results openly with the whole company globally and each team leader was able to discuss the results openly with their team so as to come up with ideas on how to assure that every Polyglotter is happy at work. We plan on doing this survey every year so as to keep track of our results as well as be accountable to the positive change we want to achieve within the organisation. As a result of this survey, we are extremely honoured to share that Polyglot Group is in the top 25% of Happy International Companies. Key areas where we thrive include: Job Security, Relationship with Manager, Career Prospects, Supportive Relationships, Team Relationships as well as Organisational Pride. Considering that the average score is 5, we are proud to rank above average on every point but one. We have included a screen shot of the results in our photos tab for your perusal. We share this with you openly as we are pride ourselves on our openness and transparency. Very much like individuals, every company has its strengths and weaknesses. However, we are always looking for ways to better our communication, better the lives of our team as well as better the organisation as a whole. This survey is the stepping stone for us to continuously reach for the stars and make Polyglot a great place to work. With these results in mind and while we agree that as a company we can always better ourselves and our communication strategy, we are saddened by your telling experience with our CEO and Leadership team. This is a first for us and we are greatly disappointed that this was your experience as part of the Polyglot Family. Our CEO and management team are very caring and dedicated individuals, and of course, none of them are perfect, yet we have never heard any feedback about them being aggressive or rude, whether that be from team members or from clients. Quite the opposite. All we can hope is that this experience has not inhibited you in any of your future endeavours. We hope our response is helpful to you and wish you luck in your career. Warm Regards, The Polyglot Team

"Communication within the company"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Polyglot Group

Pros

Different cultural backgrounds and nationalities which enhance employees open mindedness about travel and learning about other cultural stereotypes. The management is open to new ideas to develop the business and diversify the different solutions of the company.

Cons

The working place can create different conflicts or uncomfortable situations because of personal habits. There might be a lack of communication regarding the strategical vision and the future of the company.

Advice to Management

Organise committee with trimestrial meetings/focus groups around comfort and mindfulness at work (suggest more group activities). Organise business seminars to give strategical insights for the future of the company

Polyglot Group2016-02-09

November 14, 2016The Polyglot Team

Thank you for providing such an in-depth response, with fantastic suggestions and ideas for ways in which we can continue to improve. Communicating our strategical vision is actually something we are presently working on. From our research, we feel that implementing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) is one of the best ways to communicate our vision. This goal system is completely transparent, meaning all goals and progress can be viewed by every employee, regardless of their position or division. We feel this is beneficial as it allows every employee to track how they are making a difference to the global strategy on an individual level, as well as how they contributes to their team goals, in addition to the organisation’s mission as a whole. These OKRs will be redone every quarter to ensure progress is clearly charted and to make sure the goals are timely. We also strive to boost internal communication through our team news. Although we are still working on perfecting this technique, we are proud to be sharing our internal milestones with the whole Polyglot Group. We feel this allows employees to map progress and see what is being done to advance the company’s development. Thank you for introducing the suggestion of creating a mindfulness strategy in the workplace. This is an area which really excites us. One of our new HR coordinators is especially passionate about the power of mindfulness in the workplace. One of her long-term projects is to create a strategy for promoting mindfulness awareness in the company. Finally, you mention that the working place can create conflicts due to personal habits. It is very important to us to create a safe and comfortable place to work so would truly appreciate if you could give us more details on this. Please don’t hesitate to email us directly at hr@thepolyglotgroup.com. Your feedback would mean the world. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. We truly appreciate all of your suggestions and hope that we have highlighted our dedication to improve across all of these areas you mentioned.

"Sr. HR Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Executive in Sydney

I have been working at Polyglot Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, Growing company, nice team

Cons

changing management, career security, career progreesion

Polyglot Group2015-11-01

November 15, 2016The Polyglot Team

Thank you very much for providing an insight into our strengths, as well as areas where we can continue to improve. Your feedback is very valuable to us and it is much appreciated. We understand that great management is key to any workplace, which is why all of our managers receive regular coaching. This ensures they keep learning and bettering their own management strategy. We believe that well-trained and effective management creates stability, lessens stress, and promotes trust. Career progression is another one of our primary values. Fortunately, our global growth means we are open to intercultural expansion, which creates wonderful opportunities for our employees. This has been exemplified by one of our European HR & Recruitment consultants, who was previously working at our European HQ (Barcelona). As she sought a change in scenery and wanted to dedicate herself solely to HR, we offered her to move to our Global HQ (Sydney) so as to follow her dream. Another great example is one of our consultants who, for personal reasons, needed to leave our Melbourne office to return to France. We were able to open a new Paris-based division, which not only accommodated her personal circumstances, but also provided her with the opportunity to progress in her career. Our very own General Manager, who started as an intern and has been continuously promoted over the course of his career with us, was looking to move to Spain for personal reasons about 4 years ago. Of course, we wanted him to follow his heart and yet did not want to lose him, so seized the opportunity to open our very first European office in Madrid. He now heads the whole EMEA division for Polyglot Group and is as happy as ever as he was able to follow his heart as well as remain with the Polyglot family, which is something he wanted dearly. These kinds of global opportunities arise on a case-by-case basis; however, we feel that the important thing is that we always pay careful consideration to our employee’s needs, and strive to help them feel valued in their career of progress. This is something we constantly strive to improve upon, and we will continue to look for ways we can progress in this area. We feel it is also important to share that we truly believe in giving all of our team members the chance for growth. This is particularly exemplified when our interns show great promise and dedication. We believe in a strong work culture, and when an individual fits in with the Polyglot family and goes out of their way to make Polyglot Group a better place to work as well as dedicates themselves to our mission, we always look to offer them a permanent position if we are in the power to do so. This is exemplified by our leadership team, where 5 out of 10 (50%) started their career with Polyglot Group as interns and made their mark within the company during our steady growth. We believe in our interns as much as we do in our staff and always look to make them feel valued and see opportunity for growth. Whether that be with Polyglot Group or through another path, we always help each other get there. Finally, Polyglot Group recently invested in a Happiness Survey so as to determine where we do well and how we can improve to assure our team is happy at work. This promotes open communication as well as transparency since it is completely anonymous and safe. We shared our results openly with the whole company globally and each team leader was able to discuss the results openly with their team so as to come up with ideas on how to assure that every Polyglotter is happy at work. We plan on doing this survey every year so as to keep track of our results as well as be accountable to the positive change we want to achieve within the organisation. As a result of this survey, we are extremely honoured to share that Polyglot Group is in the top 25% of Happy International Companies. Key areas where we thrive include Job Security, Relationship with Manager, Career Prospects, Supportive Relationships, Team Relationships as well as Organisational Pride. Considering that the average score is 5, we are proud to rank above average on every point but one. We have included a screen shot of the results in our photos tab for your perusal. We share this with you openly as we are pride ourselves on our openness and transparency. Very much like individuals, every company has its strengths and weaknesses. However, we are always looking for ways to better our communication, better the lives of our team as well as better the organisation as a whole. This survey is the stepping stone for us to continuously reach for the stars and make Polyglot a great place to work. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope that our response is helpful to you. The Polyglot Team

Found 15 reviews