Prologis Reviews

Updated 19 Jun 2020

4.0
Prologis Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer Hamid R. Moghadam
Hamid R. Moghadam
Pros
Cons
  • "Culture is very different by team and work/life balance also depends on your manager(in 8 reviews)

• "The workload is intense at times - things rarely slow down and usually employees are expected to juggle multiple critical projects at the same time(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Prologis is great at looking after it's employees. There is a large push by upper management to make sure Prologis employee voices are heard. Benefits are great and in my experience Prologis makes sure compensation is fair and they are willing to pay for talent.

Cons

The workload can be very intense at times

2. "Good"

Former Employee - Vice President in Singapore

I worked at Prologis full-time

Pros

Friendly efficient small cosy benefits

Cons

People HR colleagues time agenda

3. "Mixed"

Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Prologis full-time

Pros

Industry leader, innovative, push boundaries

Cons

Some executives and senior leaders are very disrespectful, yell at people, and say or do things that would not be tolerated in other companies.

4. COVID-19

"Started Remotely, Enjoying Experience!"

Current Employee - Property Administrator

I have been working at Prologis full-time for less than a year

Pros

I applied for a Property Administrator position right as the US was in its start of the shelter-in-place. I wasn't sure if Prologis was going to continue their hiring process or put the job on hold as many other companies have done. I was pleased to receive a call from an HR rep right after I applied, and they explained that they were doing a remote interview process with video interviews. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I accepted the position after completing my video interviews. They even sent my computer directly to my house, so I didn't have to pick-up anything from the office. It's been a fun few weeks getting to know my team over Zoom meetings. They have a great training program here, and I have had a lot to do my first couple of weeks. I really respect that the company has worked to keep us all safe during COVID 19 and that they are still hiring! Everyone is so nice here and welcoming.

Cons

No cons I can think of yet. I am just excited to finally see the office and my team in person.

"Mediocre"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Prologis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous paid time off. Work Phone Monday to Friday Paid Holidays

Cons

No room for advancement. Managers shutting down employees. Entrenched upper Management. Slow to change. Seattle office plays favorites.

6. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Senior Investment Services Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Prologis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open and Supportive Culture / Great Coffee / Encourage lateral movement into different groups

Cons

Accounting can benefit from more automation

May 18, 2020Head of HR

Thank you for the feedback!

"Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Prologis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prologis is doing some really fun things from a technology standpoint. If you want a chance to work with leading edge technology and solutions, there are lots of opportunities for smart, creative individuals. Most of my co-workers are very smart and capable, which decreases the frustration I've experienced at other companies. Also, the company pays well and offers lots of perks for employees, which is nice.

Cons

The workload is intense at times - things rarely slow down and usually employees are expected to juggle multiple critical projects at the same time.

Continue reading

"Founder managed, amazing people, culture and company"

Current Employee - VP-Technology in Denver, CO

I have been working at Prologis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CEO and leadership team are as good as they get, CTO is driving digital transformation and has a seat at the table, passionate employees, high expectations, commitment to giving back to the communities that we live, work and play, love working in the IT department, strong HR leadership and team

Cons

Sometimes it takes to long to fail.

May 18, 2020Head of HR

We have to retire sometime. It's essential to clear the way for the next leaders in our organization. It's exciting to see where the company is going and how our employees are driving the changes.

9. "Cloud Focused, Fast paced, almost no legacy technologies"

Current Employee - Information Technology Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Prologis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Impact Day - All Prologis employees around the globe volunteer a full day of time in their communities on the same Friday in May each year. Really everyone does it. Get to meet others from different departments. Pushed to make sure we are bleeding edge - This helps us to move faster and implement new technologies as our business teams ask. Embraces change - Just because we have been doing it that way, doesn't mean we should continue.

Cons

Volume of work can be intense at times but i believe this is standard in any IT environment.

"Hypocritical company - Negative company culture fueled by outdated leadership and favoritism"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Prologis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks in the office. You truly learn how to play the game in order to survive a toxic, faux friendly work environment. Many people stay because as long as you keep your head down and keep on producing work and make profit for them, you will be in the clear.

Cons

There are simply no growth opportunities its junior & mid-senior employees, and this is purposely done by design. Managers are known to play the favorites game based on demographics and popularity, and expect employees to work around the clock for little pay and little to no acknowledgement. In terms of compensation, the total compensation and bonus structure is fairly low compared to the size of the company and other companies in the industry. I have also seen so many employees that were unfairly laid off due to the negative political nature of the firm. I have witnessed many senior leaders that have also bullied and poorly treated junior members of the team for no reason and even when HR was notified, they turned a blind eye and didn't do enough to solve the situation due to the senior leader's position, tenure, and overall performance within the firm. Situations like these cause teams to not be able to trust their own colleagues and more importantly, employees are unable to fully trust the leadership that is in place. In addition, the WFH policy is abused by senior level managers. The WFH policy is vague on purpose and this has caused poor communication and confusion across teams. It seems as if some people can WFH whenever they please while some cannot, and there is no valid reason for how this works. Besides all the reasons above, I left the company due to the hypocritical nature of the company's leadership. You can never fully trust anyone there and it's definitely a sink or swim kind of environment. The company prides itself for being "diverse", and yet there is definitely a cookie cutter mold of the typical "Prologis" employee. If you don't fit the mold, you will definitely be outcasted and will not receive the same opportunities as someone who fits the mold of the group.

May 14, 2020Head of HR

I'm sorry your experience with us was so negative. While I will try to address some of your comments here, please feel free to reach out to me directly. As you mentioned, we do conduct an anonymous employee engagement survey—and it’s worth noting that no leader or employee has access to who said what. The survey is two years old and began as a measurement to evolve the culture by capturing feedback from all levels and responding with actions tied to our company KPIs. If you feel you were reprimanded for speaking up during the survey and/or answering truthfully, again, please reach out to me directly. Our teams have been working hard to create more growth opportunities for our junior- to mid-level employees over the past three years. It's definitely a work in progress to make sure there is support for growing careers but we have had some big wins already. However, it is a marathon and there is room to improve. This is why we've begun working on programs to support this employee population better. Also, we just started working on a more formalized WFH policy—I would love to understand where the WFH incident you mention occurred. Finally, in support of creating an inclusive environment, we have zero-tolerance for inappropriate behavior! When notified, we take swift action in identifying the issues and working through them, including termination in some cases. Again, please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would be love to hear more feedback from you and sincerely appreciate your time spent with us.

Found 125 reviews