PureCars Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

PureCars Reviews

Updated Sep 25, 2019

Found 109 reviews

2.9
PureCars CEO Sam Mylrea (no image)
Sam Mylrea
Pros
  • "I work remote, so I'm not writing this review because of free lunch or after-hours events(in 22 reviews)

• "Decent health benefits, lunch catered 3x a week, 401k matching and unlimited PTO(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work isn't recognized through compensation depending on who your manager is(in 6 reviews)

• "Since I have to use twenty words, the only con I can think of is that there is no 401K matching yet(in 6 reviews)

"Lots of changes, but great place to be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PureCars full-time for more than a year

Pros

First, I find it strange the amount of complaints and 1-star ratings about the company while also mentioning unlimited PTO, working remotely, 401k matching, and more. PureCars is going through a LOT of changes right now, all of them good ones. They’ve gone from private, to acquired, to private again as of June. They’ve hired a lot of new leadership and talent who are helping to build the next version of the... company. There are some awesome people here, the C-levels actually care about employees, and lots of new processes and technology are being added. Also, there have been a ton of promotions recently, which shows they value the work people do internally. Overall, it’s pretty exciting to work here.

Cons

There is a lot of processes to build and update since spinning away from Raycom Media (acquired PC several years back). Things aren’t perfect at the moment, but they are getting better quickly.

Advice to Management

The more you invest into your employees, the more successful and innovative the company will be.

PureCars2019-09-14

"Unfortunate..."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at PureCars full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, great people working hard for the company, remote work, good pay, flexible PTO, fun and challenging industry, innovative tech platform

Cons

Frat club culture, no female leadership, gossip-rich environment, hard work not recognized, alcohol fueled company meetings end in black drunkenness by senior level management every single time, ideas are not welcome, egos are large, questionable if the CEO or Founder has any idea. Poor handling of any HR related issues , very little support- if you aren't in the boy's club you won't survive no matter if you are a... high performer or not.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO- you are losing dedicated employees due to the leadership you have in place. Your recent positioning and pitch overhaul was a complete disaster- the egos you have in management positions will be the demise of the the org. Train your people better. Collaborate with your team that is in the field. LISTEN, not just to the higher ups that have lost touch - encourage collaboration. Promote/hire more females.... DO BETTER.

PureCars2019-09-25

"Awesome company culture!! Do not believe the negative reviews! Technology leader"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Strategist

I have been working at PureCars full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love my job. And I actually work and have worked here for more than 2 years! I Absolutely love it. I have a manager that recognizes hard work and a company that rewards it. Money motivates sales people and I can say I'm paid incredibly well for the work that I do. My schedule is my own and I feel like I can actually have the time to live my life and do work I enjoy at the same time. I will literally work here... forever if they'll have me. Promotions seem promising and you can rise here if you work.

Cons

There are some people terrible for the company that have far surpassed 3 strikes and should be gone. Some questionable hires.

Advice to Management

Great job. Growing is hard but we have done it gracefully despite some false reviews on here about the reason we left a parent company.

PureCars2019-07-19
  4. "Head and shoulders above the rest"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive

I worked at PureCars full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every one of my peers were incredibly smart, helpful and unpretentious. Lots of resources to achieve success Top web based training and prospecting tools Incredible earnings potential

Cons

None that I experienced personally

PureCars2019-06-25

"Dumpster Fire"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PureCars full-time for more than a year

Pros

"Free" lunch and "unlimited PTO"

Cons

This company is awful. To be honest, I was so desperate for work after my last company went belly-up that I ignored all the warning signs and Glassdoor reviews. I figured the previous reviews were from lazy people, and even if the reviews were honest I figured that I could tough it out. BOY WAS I WRONG. The interview process went really well, but it was as if the people I interviewed with changed the day I arrived.... (Did they change or were they putting on a show to trap someone - me - into the role as quickly as possible?) I was also told that the company recently decided to leave its parent organization and had big plans. HAHA! The truth, I found out, is that PureCars was dropped because it couldn't get its act together. I even learned that when PureCars had a parent company, it managed to lure away a lot of start-up talent but they all left within a year or two! The people I worked with (my position was cross-functional, so I worked with practically every team) were disgustingly narrow-minded, averse to change, and appallingly MEAN to each other. I saw screaming matches, people crying in the bathrooms, employees either tipsy or high during the work day, and absolutely no accountability for anything. Also, the product is subpar and the entire business strategy is to convince smaller dealerships to pay PureCars to run Google AdWords campaigns for them (at an expensive rate)! Believe the other reviews! Stay away!

Advice to Management

Give up! Wait... I think you already did!

PureCars2019-05-21

"The new investors have their work cut out for them."

I worked at PureCars full-time

Pros

They have new investors--that is a pro. Work life balance is the best I have ever experienced! Product and offerings are good and there is a genuine care for clients.

Cons

Hopefully the new investment backers will see what is really going on and get PureCars cleaned up. Lack of care or investment in diversity in leadership (take a look at the leadership group on the website). Perception is indeed reality. Losing 4 or 5 female leaders in a matter of months leaves employees (including myself) questioning why. This is not a workplace where women are fully represented by any means. ... On an average work day, or even work week, I would never see the executive leaders--they were often hiding in their offices and difficult to get a hold of if needed. There is pervasive lack of communication and I always felt out of the loop in regards to important information, even as it related to clients. I would go so far as to classify this workplace as toxic and employees/candidates should trust their gut. I am glad I did.

Advice to Management

N/A

PureCars2019-05-18
  7. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Performance Specialist

I have been working at PureCars full-time for more than a year

Pros

good company, food 3 times a week, easy to speak to other depts, everyone is friendly

Cons

sometimes unorganized, management can be vague about progress of company

PureCars2019-04-16

"Don't expect a big promotion/salary if you aren't part of the boys club"

Current Employee - Performance Manager

I have been working at PureCars full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

unlimited vacation, flexible working hours, catered lunch. Great job for a beginner in the ad tech field

Cons

lots of work with small salaries. Hard work isn't recognized through compensation depending on who your manager is.

PureCars2019-04-03

"Definitely Not For Me!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PureCars full-time

Pros

It took me some time to think of some pros that relate to the job itself... I came up short. Like many others have stated, there is unlimited PTO, lunch is provided 3x a week, and it is in Midtown.

Cons

Where do I start? I didn’t want to believe the reviews before I started in regards to it being like a frat house, but that is exactly what it is. Like others have stated, if you’re experienced, taking a job here will actually set you back, regardless of the “perks”. Management is very inexperienced, in my opinion, and do not care to invest in most of their employees. I’m pretty sure that if you’re apart of the “in... crowd”, you will go far. I literally busted my tail with the resources available to me (which I might add were very limited) and got zero recognition. This isn’t me just saying this - numbers don’t lie. Communication is pretty much non-existent in most of the changes that take place across all departments. If communication is provided, it is half given or just given to certain departments and/or individuals. Departments seemed to never be on the same page when it came to processes that affected each other - it is quite amusing, but not in a good way. I had never experienced anything like it in my career. Parking is not at the building, unless your badge is programmed to be able to park underneath it (which I never understood how it was determined for certain individuals). Be prepared to walk 5-10 minutes to and from the building.

Advice to Management

I honestly don’t think they will listen to the advice given, because egos are so big at this company. Maybe they will get it together before they lose the few hard working employees they have left!

PureCars2019-05-08

"TERRIBLE"

Former Employee - Client Data Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PureCars full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros include Unlimited PTO, Flexibility, & excellent office location.

Cons

Culture, Training, Growth, Benefits, & Management is TERRIBLE!

Advice to Management

Go back to the drawing boards immediately!

PureCars2019-04-24