RetailMeNot Reviews

Updated 9 Jun 2020

3.9
RetailMeNot President Cali Tran (no image)
Cali Tran
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Free lunch (except on Wednesdays because they want you to go out once in a while :/ )(in 20 reviews)

• "This is definitely a nice and comfortable place to work with some perks and a really good work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Commuting downtown is oftentimes a struggle(in 8 reviews)

• "It's difficult to find something I didn't like about my time at RMN(in 8 reviews)

1. "Good learning experience."

4.0
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many able people there who are exceedingly good to work with.

Cons

Company has gone through major transition as part of Harland-Clarke catalogue. The fact that the business itself has been changing significantly has not made that easier.

2. COVID-19

"Formerly a wonderful place to work, Future outlook uncertain"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful people - Without a doubt the best thing about RMN is the people that work there. The culture truly was encouraging, supportive, collaborative, and well intentioned. Other pro's include a fun office space, RMN properties have good and healthy business performance despite the pandemic.

Cons

Parent company, Vericast, fired 5 out of 9 RetailMeNot Executive Leaders, the CEO and the founder. All were replaced with a new 'Senior Leadership Team' (SLT) at a the parent company level. All of the replacements do not understand RMN's business and they wonder why RMN employees morale is poor. It feels more like a takeover than a true consolidation or partnership. Other sister company performance Valassis, Harland Clark, etc, while larger in scale, were in decline prior to the pandemic and trends have exasperated. As previously separately run businesses, we were challenged by the Senior Leadership team through many 'war' references to take on the poor performance at a parent company level. The net impact leaves RMN employees feeling like we were punished because of other businesses performance. Perks and benefits are in question beyond 2020. Formerly RMN had very competitive and supportive benefits. Paternity leave, Vacation Policies are all anticipated to not be as generous in the future.

Continue reading

"Was a great place to work, hoping for the best after the recent consolidation"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sr Content Analyst in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for RetailMeNot in their downtown Austin office for over 5 years. I enjoyed the experience, the people, and my work. I loved being in an environment focused on ideas, opportunities, and change. I have respect for our original leadership (Cotter and then Marissa). Their commitment to people and RetailMeNot's culture was amazing.

Cons

During my last month, RetailMeNot consolidated with its sister holding companies into one larger company. Given how I saw this message communicated, it caused a lot of concern that the culture would change drastically in the future.

4. "Retailmenot"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

Culture, pay, flexibility, people, work space

Cons

A lot of changes within the company

"Restructuring totally destroyed the company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None, they took away all of the perks, culture and good leadership to become a corporate machine

Cons

Marissa is no longer the CEO. They fired her, got rid of the perks that made sub-standard pay seem legitimate, and the new CEO directly told the company he does not care about cultural autonomy, that revenue is key. There is no more free food (once the office opens up), no more 401k matching, “flexible” PTO is being rediscussed, major leadership is leaving in flocks; it is turning into an awfully-oiled machine.

Continue reading
  6. "People make a company and RMN has some of the best people!"

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers. Unique, inclusive and diverse culture. One of, if not the best in my 20-year career. Generous benefits, compensation and flexibility. Fun office environment. Management actually cares about employees. Management is committed to success.

Cons

Not much different than what you would expect of a company their stage. Product diversification can be challenging as it opened the company to a lot of focused, well-funded, competition. Corporate structure (sub of large parent company) can make innovation a challenge as long term vision must battle short term profitability. Life can be tough when your company success ebbs and flows with that of the retail segment.

Continue reading
  7. "Great job great culture"

Former Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very positive team culture and everyone is friendly and inclusive.

Cons

Each team has their own culture so coordinating can be hard.

8. "The best place I have worked"

Former Employee - N/A in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing beats RetailMeNot's culture. The company and CEO care about employees and the community. RMN encourages employees to take risks and they foster a collaborative environment. RetailMeNot offers amazing perks and they're always finding new ways to reward employees.

Cons

It's difficult to find something I didn't like about my time at RMN.

9. "Amazing company with great company culture."

Current Employee - Payroll Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company and smart employees. Benefits Compensation Culture Advancement opportunities

Cons

No cons as of yet.

10. "Decent job"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

benefits are amazing, truly top notch

Cons

management does not share as much recognition

Found 152 reviews