Sage Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 1901 reviews

3.4
Sage CEO Steve Hare
Steve Hare
Pros
  • "Good benefits and PTO plus many opportunities for learning and career planning(in 115 reviews)

• "Solid attempt for work-life-balance(in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • "The biggest source of frustration has to be the lack of proactive planning from upper management(in 58 reviews)

• "Not many, mainly lack of communication from senior management(in 37 reviews)

"Feedback"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Chatswood

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture - Really supportive and Empowering culture Pay Rewards compared to other companies Global opportunity Great leadship

Cons

Possible lack of career opportunities - move up in roles Reactive workplace culture.

Advice to Management

if we could structure in a way to support career progression and/also to align each department and also really need to element reactive culture and become a proactive culture. Apart from that it is a fantastic place to work and would recommend it to anyone.

Sage2018-06-05

June 6, 2018Chief People Officer

Thank you for your review. We're really appreciate that you have taken the time to give us feedback. It is great to hear you are loving the culture of Sage Australia and how we reward you for your hard work. We're doing a lot of work on our career development so keep your eyes ...

2. "Great People"

I worked at Sage full-time

Pros

Great people and community minded organisation

Cons

Late to the cloud journey

Advice to Management

Focus on what you are good at and invest heavily in those areas

Sage2019-05-15

"Teams understaffed / no work life balance"

I worked at Sage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* dynamic new leadership * great suite of products for small and medium size companies * brand well known worldwide, in particular in the US and Europe

Cons

* staff is leaving and not replaced as long as there's no burn out in the rest of the team - some teams are really understaffed, leading team members to work 10 to 12 hours / day + weekends more than exceptionally. Whereas annual salary might be attractive, the salary rate based on hours worked is not motivating at all. * Part-time is less and less granted as team are understaffed. It's either full-time or bye bye. ...

Sage2019-03-04

"Failed to pay bonus"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Sage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not a good place to work

Cons

Sage failed to pay previous year's bonus to employees who resigned in the current financial year (worked for 3 months in the new financial year).

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like liabilities

Sage2018-12-27

"Seeking Direction and Clarity"

Former Employee - Director in Sydney

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team, that are committed and hard working Amazing opportunities for their products in the market

Cons

Global leadership and vision is not consistent in execution

Advice to Management

Focus on building the business in the mid-long term, not quarter to quarter

Sage2018-09-20

"Mercenary company"

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

Beats begging on the street

Cons

Too obsessed with the almighty dollar

Advice to Management

Develop some humanity

Sage2018-08-29

"Life at Sage"

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sage has a vibrant and high performance culture. It offers work life balance to employees giving them flexibility to plan their day, improving efficiency to deliver on agreed outcomes. Sage Management is changing and bringing in bright ideas and execution to take Sage to the next level whilst creating exciting job opportunities.

Cons

Sage has been around for over 36 years now. This brings with it a combination of old and new approach, making work challenging and exciting at the same time. Sage is growing and making bold changes to bring agility to the business and it is very visible. This means more opportunities to take the front seat with Sage on the journey towards a Cloud Business portfolio.

Advice to Management

Change is not easy, but you're doing a great job driving it to take Sage to where it belongs, No. 1 ERP, Payroll and Accounting solution.

Sage2018-07-23

July 31, 2018Channel Campaign Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear you achieve a positive work life balance. You're right, change is never easy, but the only constant in today's world appears to be change! Thanks again and keep loving #LifeatSage

8. "Good flexible company"

Current Employee - Developer in Chatswood

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good culture with the very good leadership team

Cons

Fewer team events and company events

Advice to Management

The management has to host some events to increase team bonding.

Sage2018-07-20

July 31, 2018Channel Campaign Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for reviewing Sage. It's great you love our culture and find us flexible. Yes, we have missed the Summer parties, but we hope to re-introduce the events soon.

9. "Challenging and rewarding!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sage (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is going through transformation and works close with global teams on strategy and new solutions. Big breadth of solutions across many different markets and industries. Great people to work with and lots of collaboration.

Cons

Change and transformation is happening fast - in a good way! Just means long hours for now..

Advice to Management

While there is plenty of drive to deliver the new strategies and changes, make sure to continuously check up on how your teams and colleagues are going and coping. The activities around well being are great, keep it up!

Sage2018-04-03

April 11, 2018Chief People Officer

Great to hear from you and thanks for your feedback. Really love hearing that you believe in our products and the transformation we're going through. You're right that it is so important that we continue to get feedback from our people on how we're doing so look out for some new ways ...

"Exciting, engaging, high performance culture that's making huge strides in the ANZ market."

Current Employee - Director in Sydney

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The BEST people in the industry. If you get hired at Sage, you are considered a top performer in the market. Very friendly, you generally spend more time with colleagues than family and the people at Sage are GREAT! You'll be happy to come into work. BIG achievements being done locally as well as globally. Senior management focused on making Sage a great place to work at. Whistle-blower program works: Bad bullying...

Cons

It's busy, but busy good. Lots on and not enough hours in the day to get it done, you will potentially feel time poor with long hours and late nights. Still going through massive change towards becoming a true global company. Australia is a small region in the global economy: company hesitant to make the necessary investments in local high growth areas.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Recognise the teams who are doing the hard work behind the scenes and acknowledge their efforts: Sale operations and Finance, our hero's in getting business done! Continue to have a policy of zero tolerance for bad management: purge those who aren't on board and making Sage a great place to work and for partners to engage with.

Sage2018-03-30