Schnitz Franchising Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2021

Found 75 of over 81 reviews

3.5
Pros
  • "Great team environment, fun place to work, opportunity to progress within company(in 5 reviews)

• "You get 50% discount on food when you have shifts(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Head office did not care at all(in 4 reviews)

• "Franchises were not regulated, missed out on lots of opportunities because of this(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great job

Aug 10, 2021 - Head Chef
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome venue, kind people, great place to be. I would recommend this job for anyone looking for a trustworthy and good job

Cons

sometimes you do get sick of the smell of the food and the food isn’t always as fresh as it seems to be but they do their best and it’s always still good to eat

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall

Sep 17, 2021 - Team Leader in Buena Park, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment, easy to join in

Cons

Busy, lots of difficult customers

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

first job

Aug 30, 2021 - Worker in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are really nice to work with. Good first hospitality job and flexible hours.

Cons

Pay on the lower side and laborious work

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I needed therapy for 6 months after working at support office.

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

-they pay pretty well in comparison to other QSR brands -everyone who wasn't senior management was actually really fun to work with

Cons

-a new CEO started in 2019 & got rid of all the senior management who was there at the time, re-labelled all of their roles & then hired all of his friends in those positions. The vibe of the place completely changed from then onwards. -when COVID hit, the CEO stood us all down on a group zoom call, instead of personally contacting everyone individually. It was a very tough time for everyone to go through and a group zoom call felt fairly insensitive to be honest. -they are a company that proved during COVID that they only cared about money and not the welfare or mental health of their employee's. They never reached out to us once to see if we were okay & when jobseeker started, they still expected us to work our 20 hours or more (even though the government was paying us this money, not Schnitz) The CEO got angry at all of us once on a zoom for not working hard enough when the majority of us were on Jobseeker & struggling for various reasons. -you can give everything of yourself to that place & it will never feel like enough. -Really talented employee's & people who cared about the brand were treated terribly & the ones who didn't care & just wanted money got to keep their jobs in the end.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst place to work at

Aug 30, 2021 - Server/Waitress in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cant think of a single good thing about this place

Cons

By far the worst people management I ever had, they treat the staff like children, they’re rude and unapologetic, micromanagement at its worst, not to mention favouritism towards certain staff. I can’t put into words how horrible my experience was. The way they deal with criticism is deleting every bad rating they have on google. It’s the classic family business that got rich too fast and rides high horses now.

6. 3.0

Average experience

Aug 4, 2021 - Cook in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

My team was great. Fun environment to work in overall

Cons

Franchisee was a micromanager with 0 prior hospitality experience. The franchisee hired a manager but spent a lot of time micromanaging items of insignificance.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Team Member

Jul 18, 2021 - Team Members
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff and enjoyable environment

Cons

No scope for promotion, no salary rise

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay

Jul 28, 2021 - Front of House
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co workers , tasty food, had rushes that were busy but it was mostly quiet

Cons

New store, stopped receiving shifts after 3 months Discount only valid when working

9. 3.0

Easy beginner job

Jul 20, 2021 - Front of House in Richmond, Victoria, Victoria
      Business Outlook

Pros

easy to learn, simple for a first job. Flexible hours,

Cons

gets stressful in peak hours, there are some hours where there is only one front of house worker

10. 3.0

Schnitz

Jul 5, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing food - Fairly easy job

Cons

Poor management/head office. Unrealistic expectations of staff on floor (coming from head office staff who have never worked on the floor before)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews