Shipmnts Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Shipmnts Reviews

Updated 29 de Jul 2019

Found 19 reviews

4.1
Shipmnts CEO Karan Shah (no image)
Karan Shah
  1. "Full Stack Engineer"

Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

At shipmnts, I am getting to learn many things apart from just development experience. The team culture is pretty good, we work, play, enjoy together. You feel like home at shipmnts.

Cons

As it is start-up you may get work at any time, I do love it.

Advice to Management

One more TT Table needed.

Shipmnts2019-07-19
  2. "Feel like a Google, Grow like a Apple"

Current Employee - Lead QA Engineer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- If you find epic and interested domain, shipmnts is best fit for you - Work culture upto the mark, awesome team and awesome work atmosphere - Definitely you will learn a lot with technology and management - Overall you can feel your growth

Cons

- Sometime it will not goes as per plan but team will co-ordinate and manage on that.

Shipmnts2019-07-16
  3. "A company with vast domain and great cultural values"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The great place where the domain and organisational goals are so interesting and motivating itself. One will get hands on experience by directly communicating to customers and thus always see the impact of your work. Mates around you are always helping you to be better everyday. Opportunity to carve yourself. Work on latest tech stack. Culture that strives values where people are not only focused on doing work 8-10... hours but also we play table tennis everyday.

Cons

Nothing as such that I can think of. Shipmnts always learn from the mistakes, try to bring changes.

Shipmnts2019-07-29

"Joining shipmnts was a big mistake"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time

Pros

Good passionate hard working team

Cons

See team once. Everyone above the age of 26/27 has left because of unpaid salaries, no increments and long hours. Mostly has only juniors from college who stay because of respect. If you want to join ask for legal affidavit that you will get salary on time, otherwise you surely won't. Many old ex-employees have large dues pending and these guys keep making long excuses.

Shipmnts2019-02-19
  5. "Best Company to work in."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The Founders are amazing and very helpful. They literally take personal attention in your lives. 2. The average age of the company is 25. The energy every team member has is commendable. 3. Without any doubt, you can pave your career path here.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to balance work/life when you have to complete your work at given deadlines(But this is rare).

Shipmnts2019-01-09

"Dues not cleared for former employees"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Environment and good colleagues

Cons

Before you join shipmnts, speak to previous employees. Ask them their outstanding dues, and how long has the management been telling them that they will clear it.

Advice to Management

If you can hire new employees, you can pay the dues of your old ones. There is no point in all the big things you talk about if you can't keep your promises and pay people what they deserve.

Shipmnts2019-01-27
  7. "A good place to work on in-depth projects"

Machine Learning in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts for less than a year

Pros

The team is very supportive and give you projects where you decide how to proceed.

Cons

The meetings are not time organised.

Shipmnts2018-10-03

"Top notch product in its domain - by one the best Team I've worked and/or interacted with."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Taking the swim in the deepest waters is the name of game; and that is how I would like to term "Shipmnts". It wouldn't be wrong on my part if I define "Shipmnts" as "Flexport of India"; or even more than that. Why I am saying this; because.... Organizing an unorganized market is hard but it is even more hard when you are solving the challenge of organizing the chaotic market - market which is cut throat,... market where everything is human dependent, market which is not ready to understand the advantages of digital, market where margins have taken a toss and are now revolving at the bottom of the pyramid, market where having deep pockets doesn't guarantee good margins, market where expansion is related to more financial bleeding and so on... The contagious stickiness is one of the USP's of Team Shipmnts - who truly believe in "Work Hard Party Harder". Though I found a huge gap between mental aptitudes of Team Members but I appreciate the Senior Management to make them stick and work in unison towards a Common Goal. And this is the best part of Shipmnts; where in real sense Shipmnts = Team Shipmnts; without any if's and but's. And this bring me to the last and final USP of Shipmnts - where domain expertise is not just about having years of experience but factual domain expertise.

Cons

didn't found any during my tenure

Advice to Management

"Please Stick to Deadlines". I won't term it as an "Advice" but a "Suggestion"; why I am saying this because as a sales consultant it becomes too difficult to explain the client about priorities and releases. Shipmnts is working in the industry where there hasn't been a major change since decades - and the industry which has hardly moved to digital means for their finance; for them moving to digital means... for day to day operations is tad too difficult and on top of that not sticking to deadlines makes job lot tougher. And to add to this - First Mover Advantage does have its own pros but it is only 100% effective when you have FMA horizontally, i.e. you are First Mover in whole targeted ecosystem or end-to-end business process.

Shipmnts2018-08-01

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Chief People Officer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Shipmnts is a great place to work with if you are looking for a company that values Culture. People here strongly believe that culture is the driving force behind a great work environment. The company is using the most ongoing cool technologies from the market. New ideas are always welcomed, lots of opportunities to have an impact, empowered teams. And the location is the best -makes your life calm and peaceful.... The work life at shipmnts is challenging and we are always busy. I love coming to work every day and grabbing my cup of tea and tackling whatever the day has in store.

Cons

Sometimes people leave open snacks in the snacks closet.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example. You guys are working hard and doing a great job and it's inspiring to see.

Shipmnts2018-07-12

"Perfect stage to explore your interests and grow"

Former Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A great platform to solve logistics industry's challenging and yet unsolved problems - The unique "Sir" culture: It's understandable when the employees address CEO/CTO as sir. However, it amazed me when CEO/CTO addressed the employees as sir. It works both ways. - Opportunity to witness the entire product development lifecycle - problem identification, requirement gathering, development, testing/feedback and... delivery - First hand experience the process of dataset creation - data collection, annotation and transformation - which is pivotal to the successfull development of various AI/ML algorithms - Freedom and support in the execution of your project/module - Receptive top management - Constructive criticism - Flexible work hours - Open culture

Cons

- The work is demanding and at times it takes a toll on the work-life balance.

Shipmnts2018-07-17

Shipmnts Response

July 30, 2018Chief Technology Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. Will miss you a lot while you create the next AI revolution with Yoshua Bengio. I wish all the best for your future endeavours. Never forget, the Force is strong with you my friend.

Found 19 reviews